90 Day Fitness & Food Challenge

1171819202123»

Replies

• becs3578
    becs3578 Posts: 836 Member
    Long day at work with some pretty bad work news. I shed a tear or two but currently there is not much I can do to fix the situation. My old coping mechanism was to EAT my sadness and frustration. But I am trying to be better. Went to the gym, gave body pump all I had, then home for a reasonable dinner and a small handful of chocolate chips as a treat.

Using food as my drug to cope with life got me to between 180-190 lbs and I don't ever want to go back. Back at the gym tomorrow before work.

Here is a little before and after.... me about 6-7 years ago and me this past week!

432zzwwp684p.jpg

4kbbbs40vp7g.jpg
  • norm_z_85
    norm_z_85 Posts: 4 Member
    Hey Becs, hang in there with the work issue. Good to know you recognize the pitfalls associated with your reactions. Your before and after images ROCK. Congratulations on the huge success so far.

I haven't been posting or doing a heck of a lot of exercise since Saturday... I caught a cold or worse on Saturday and I'm really not myself. Slogging through, maintaining a decent calorie intake. Hope to shake this thing soon.
  • aliem
    aliem Posts: 326 Member
    Finally made it back to the gym today. Did some fast walking on the treadmill and then the elliptical for a while. Might try to go to barre class this weekend. I have not really been tracking my food. I have been trying to make better choices now that I have been feeling better. I have been at 133.4 pounds for the last few weeks, so I am definitely not overeating (though sometimes it feels like I am. In fact I am starting to wonder if my scale is broken!) Either way, I will be weighed at the doctors next week (middle of the day, so not first thing in the morning like normal), so I figure if it is something much higher than my last doctor weigh in, then I might need to buy a scale!

Becs - You are amazing. Look how far you have come! I can't believe how well you seem to have adjusted back after the Holiday store rush!

Rinde - That is awesome news! I hope you are liking the new job! Commutes are definitely tough!

Norm - Great job last week! I hope you feel better soon so you can get back at it!
  • becs3578
    Hey guys sorry I have been MIA... had a little bit of a pity party over here for about a week but have been keeping a semi consistent workout schedule... not food terrible. I am out of town this week and when I return I have decided to go PALEO for the 2 months prior to my race. I think it will be good for my training, my sanity and my fitness.

Aliem - How you are feeling this week?

Norm - HOws the cold?

Rinde - Hows the new job? Schedule getting any better?

Syclops - Hows training? Still in beast mode?!?!? ;)
  • syclops
    syclops Posts: 90 Member
    Yes Ma'am! Awesome workout today! Jump rope superset with legs! Pretty intense and felt awesome! Tying to hone the eating as well. Need more calories from protein for sure!
  • aliem
    I have been doing much better. Gym has not been happening between not getting great sleep and working from 8 am to 9/10pm. I am determined to go tomorrow morning. Weight is up 2.5 pounds since my doctor appointment about a month ago. The doctor said that was perfect. The last two days I have been starving. All the time! Yay second trimester! But I have been eating more veggies and stuff so I feel like that has offset some of the extra calories. I definitely look bigger though. Not pregnant looking, just like I need to lay off the doughnuts. But in a few weeks that is supposed to change....
  • syclops
    Weigh in day today...can you beleive....Im up 3 pounds! ARRRRGGGGG. Wasit size is still the same. I have been doing more lifting than I have in the past coupled by supersetting with jump rope. I would guess that it is a muscle increase. 20-30 rep sets. Im not letting this get me down! My game plan is to start incorporating my runs outside next week, no matter the temperature.
  • syclops
    By the way...here are my transitional pics over the last 10 years..

248jjn4i1k2o.jpg
  • becs3578
    Hey guys.... longer response later on today.

But just wanted to say I am back from my trip and today is officially 2 months until my spartan race. Updated my workout schedule with mini morning workouts every morning and started paleo eating plan today as well.
  • becs3578
    Aliem - Got to love that second trimester. So glad you want to eat again! That is so awesome. You have a little one to grow in there so fuel up mamma!

Norm - How are you doing?

Rinde - Just wanted to check in and how how February has been treating you?

Syclops - Great pics. Congrats on all you have accomplished! And don't worry I am not getting on a scale until Thursday the 16th. I know it would only make me sad so yeah.. I am work hard for the next week with the new plans and then weigh.

GONNA get my measurements tomorrow. That wait I can take them again in 2 months and see some results!!!
  • becs3578
    Finally got on the scale after some bad eating before Disney, during and after. It was ugly. But after a month of training I know i have put on some muscle. Now time to lean out. Today is day two of paleo....
  • becs3578
    Heading to the gym in a few mins.... and ready to start my week off right. Full week of workout planned with one rest day and fingers crossed for some seriously healthy eating. Great trip to the grocery and the frig is stocked with good stuff.

Adding in to my mini morning workout so it is now the following. (Gym in the evenings)

Push-ups, rowing sprints (1 min sprint, 1 min rest.... 8 rounds) and then short abs (mon/wed/fri) or booty (tues/thurs/sat). Should take about 25 mins so I just need to be getting up earlier every day so fit that and food prep.
  • becs3578
    Not feeling well today.. so REST day it is!

Happy Valentines day! Hope everyone is well.
  • aliem
    It's been rough. I am working crazy hours and have been sick this week. Tomorrow we are going to Disneyland! It is pretty rainy here, but hopefully tomorrow won't be too bad. Definitely starting to look pregnant! Hoping everyone is doing well! Hopefully next week I will will spend some hours on the treadmill desk and maybe hit the gym for a day or two.
  • becs3578
    Aliem.... I'm so sorry you aren't feeling well. You take care of you and the little peanut! That is the most important.

I was back and forth last week..... wasn't feeling well physically and mentally but back at it this week. Trying a new sleep schedule.... trying to get better sleep (no tv, iphone etc) and that hard for me. Last night was tough but hopefully each day will be better.

Attempted monkey bars for the first time in 30 years (couldn't do it then either). I got part of the way across because the ones at the gym are elevated in the center.... like American ninja warrior. I was shaking I was so nervous but glad I finally "ripped the bandaid off" and went for it. Gonna work on it every week.

Eating better Monday and Tuesday, but last weekend I was terrible. Definitely putting on muscle lately but not losing fat. Finally bit the bullet and made an appointment with dietician so get some help with what and how I should be eating. Meeting her next Wednesday. First time I have ever gone for Diet help so I am looking forward to it!
  • becs3578
    Scale hasn't moved much in the last 2 months and part of that is my eating issues on the weekend, but I know I have put on muscle and I pulled out a lot of my spring clothes and most fit well. Next week meeting with nutritionist to get help fueling for training and at the same time leaning out.

Today started using a new app "30 day AB challenge). I know I need more work on my
    Core so I'm excited to see what it will do.

Rest day, work day, and 10 mins of DAY one of the "30 day abs challenge app"! Crawfish boil tonight!