Always below 1000 calories. Dizzy.

Options

Replies

• sarahrusse_
    sarahrusse_ Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    sbrandt37 wrote: »
    You have your answer. What are you waiting for?

This is not normal. Eating less than 1000 calories/day puts you in the same range as those with eating disorders. It's for a different reason, perhaps*, but the possible health consequences are the same. It has passed the let's-just-wait-and-see-if-it-gets-better point. Two months of this is too long. Go to the doctor already.

The way to get to see a doctor sooner is to be persistent. Don't take no for an answer. Push until they agree to see you. Ask who else can see you today. Tell them you think it is serious. Go to and urgent care center or ER if necessary. Go today.

*In my limited non-expert experience, those with eating disorders sometimes say that "too much food" makes them feel bad. The fact that you are still complaining here about your symptoms instead of going to the doctor makes me wonder if you are serious about dealing with it or happy with the results. Either way, you need to see a doctor.

"Still complaining here" it's only been a couple days. My doctors office is pretty difficult to get an appointment. I'm doing my best to get by without having to go to emergency for what I feel should be addressed my my GP.
    The urgent care clinics around here don't even know what to do if someone has a rash. It's the weekend now so I can't hound my doctor, but I have been.
    Honestly I never have a problem with what size my body is, I don't think I would have an eating disorder but I see what you mean I guess. But I find this all to be really negative.
  • sarahrusse_
    Options
    Thanks all
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,931 Member
    Options
    bbell1985 wrote: »
    Eat more. What do you want us to say?
    Um in it I said when I eat more then that I feel dizzy like when I eat something with bulk to it I feel dizzy and lightheaded.

Then start eating dense foods instead of bulky foods. Meat. Avocado. Nuts. Salty snacks.
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,931 Member
    Options
    Maxematics wrote: »
    Okay well, I'm glad you're seeing a doctor soon but let's state the facts so far:

This has been gradually getting worse for TWO months.
    Your profile doesn't list where you live. Do you live in a country where it takes months to book a doctor's appointment? Something like this going on for two months is downright scary and every day you could be damaging your body even more. How much weight have you lost over the past two months eating like this?

You get dizzy if you eat more than a little bit.
    Your diary only goes back less than two weeks. I see for a few days you were able to hit almost 1200. Aside from the day you ate a cinnamon roll, your higher calorie days tend to be lower in sugar which brings me to the next fact.

You said no when someone asked if you're eating a lot of refined sugars.
    One look at your diary shows this is incorrect. Cookies show up in your diary often and you had a cinnamon roll the other day. Other than that, I see a lot of fruit which has sugars, though not refined. I would guess this has something to do with it, as you may be having sugar spikes/crashes, which leads me to suggest you need to see a doctor now, not in March.

We can't diagnose you over the internet and the advice will be very generic. The advice you should follow is of those telling you to get to a doctor ASAP, even if you have to go to the ER. Yes, you've been able to deal with this for two months, but you're saying it's getting worse, so imagine how much worse it will get by March.

Yeah I had a cookie a couple days because I graduated school and we made them.

I live in Canada and the soonest I could get to my doctor is March. I have been dealing with it but it is scary and it prevents me from doing things and going places. Last time I checked my weight I had lost 16 pounds.

I'm doing my best :( I am 19 and I just started living by my own and I buy what I can that's healthy but it's not always easy.

I live in Canada too! We have these handy things called walk-in clinics. You can get it within a couple hours or less just by showing up. Try that.
  • Eleniala
    Eleniala Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    The symptoms most likely are psychosomatic, but they need to be addressed by a medical professional either way. Good luck!
  • burthdaygurl
    burthdaygurl Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    This sounds familiar. It sounds like diabetes or hypoglycemia...any one of those two can easily present this way. A simple diagnosis can make all of this go away with proper nutritional education about what is working (and what doesn't work) for your body.
    Until you see a Dr, I also strongly encourage you to really limit your intake of starchy foods (that break down into sugar), as well as your intake of refined sugars themselves (as mentioned by others), and heed their advice about adding more protein, healthy fats and whole grains.
    Please please see a Dr. I'm so glad you reached out for support; please take very good care of yourself.
  • burthdaygurl
    burthdaygurl Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Agreed that you live in Canada and so do I. I live in an area that has a small 'hospital' a half hour drive and I would still get medical attention if I went there and waited. You need to do the same. They will run blood tests and get things started. They will send you results to you doctor so you can get this started asap

I'm a Canadian as well. They'll certainly help you in a walk-in clinic. :smile:
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,120 Member
    Options
    Maxematics wrote: »
    Okay well, I'm glad you're seeing a doctor soon but let's state the facts so far:

This has been gradually getting worse for TWO months.
    Your profile doesn't list where you live. Do you live in a country where it takes months to book a doctor's appointment? Something like this going on for two months is downright scary and every day you could be damaging your body even more. How much weight have you lost over the past two months eating like this?

You get dizzy if you eat more than a little bit.
    Your diary only goes back less than two weeks. I see for a few days you were able to hit almost 1200. Aside from the day you ate a cinnamon roll, your higher calorie days tend to be lower in sugar which brings me to the next fact.

You said no when someone asked if you're eating a lot of refined sugars.
    One look at your diary shows this is incorrect. Cookies show up in your diary often and you had a cinnamon roll the other day. Other than that, I see a lot of fruit which has sugars, though not refined. I would guess this has something to do with it, as you may be having sugar spikes/crashes, which leads me to suggest you need to see a doctor now, not in March.

We can't diagnose you over the internet and the advice will be very generic. The advice you should follow is of those telling you to get to a doctor ASAP, even if you have to go to the ER. Yes, you've been able to deal with this for two months, but you're saying it's getting worse, so imagine how much worse it will get by March.

Yeah I had a cookie a couple days because I graduated school and we made them.

I live in Canada and the soonest I could get to my doctor is March. I have been dealing with it but it is scary and it prevents me from doing things and going places. Last time I checked my weight I had lost 16 pounds.

I'm doing my best :( I am 19 and I just started living by my own and I buy what I can that's healthy but it's not always easy.

Call the doctor's office and asked for an immediate visit. Usually they can get you in to see one of the doctors or a nurse practitioner. If not go to either a walk-in clinic, urgent care clinic, or ER.
  • sbrandt37
    sbrandt37 Posts: 403 Member
    Options

"Still complaining here" it's only been a couple days ... But I find this all to be really negative.

That wasn't negative, that was blunt and honest. A dozen or more people have told you that it might be something serious and you need to see a doctor right away via a walk-in clinic or an ER. Instead of doing so, you are still posting excuses here about how your doctor has a long wait time.

Please listen to those of us with experience. We are telling you this because we care about you. Go to a doctor right away. It is probably nothing serious, but you can't really afford to wait a month or two for your GP to have an opening to find out. Canada has a good health-care system. Take advantage of it.
  • sarahrusse_
    Options

"Still complaining here" it's only been a couple days ... But I find this all to be really negative.

That wasn't negative, that was blunt and honest. A dozen or more people have told you that it might be something serious and you need to see a doctor right away via a walk-in clinic or an ER. Instead of doing so, you are still posting excuses here about how your doctor has a long wait time.

Please listen to those of us with experience. We are telling you this because we care about you. Go to a doctor right away. It is probably nothing serious, but you can't really afford to wait a month or two for your GP to have an opening to find out. Canada has a good health-care system. Take advantage of it.

I meant I was finding what's going on with me negative, not what you said negative. Sorry for the miscommunication.
  • sbrandt37
    sbrandt37 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Ahhh. What is going on with you is definitely negative. Good luck getting it sorted out.
  • Jessyd76
    Jessyd76 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry you are having to deal with this. I'm sure it's beyond stressful for you. I can't add anything new to the conversation, but just wanted to say that I really agree with the 'mom-note' someone posted above.

That's great you made an appointment to see your GP in March, but getting to an ER today would be a much better idea.

The symptoms you've described are not normal and sound quite dangerous for you and your health.

The sooner they can figure out what's going on, the sooner they can help you find a solution that will make you feel better and get you healthier.

Sending a big hug! And a *tiny* push out the door to the ER! :heart:
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,120 Member
    Options
    Was taking the bus to the ER after feeling very awful from lunch and fainted in the bus but folks called an ambulance for me so I'm here now. Thanks all

Glad people helped, and that you are now in a place where you might find out what's up.
  • amyinthetardis1231
    amyinthetardis1231 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    I'm glad you got yourself to the doctor, and sorry it involved fainting on the bus! Best wishes for getting everything sorted out quickly.