Lose 25 lbs by Oct 1st. (12 wks) Hope you will join me in t

Options

Replies

• SerenityOwl
    SerenityOwl Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'll be cheering y'all on towards your goal!! 2.08 pounds a week is going to take a really positive attitude, a lot of food planning, a very generous sprinkling of exercise and a well-hydrated body. It might be more than I can do right now, but I will be your cheerleader!!

Owl

When you expect success, your mind focuses on success.
  • mindy1719
    mindy1719 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm in! my wedding anniversary is in October and it will be a year since my mom has passed due to complications of being diabetic and she is the reason I'm trying to be a healthy person! To be her only child who isn't diabetic. I'm breaking the cycle!!
    5'6
    Start weight 7/15/11 241
    Goal 10/1/11 216
  • canuckgurrl
    canuckgurrl Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Good luck to all, feel free to add me as a friend.

Been a good week so far. Kept under the intake the software has set for me.

Spent three days at the gym and going back on Sunday.

Wish we luck, that my second week I will l see at least a pound come off!
  • treehugginpam
    treehugginpam Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    Canuckgurrl, I love that dress in your profile pic!!
  • bellieff
    bellieff Posts: 43
    Options
    Saturdays are my usual weigh in day and because the challege ends on a saturday it works out pretty well. I weighed myself in this morning and lost 3.4 pounds this week! That is my biggest drop since i started MFP June, 13th. It felt great to see that number this morning. I want to contribute it to eating pretty balanced this last week. :)

is that how challenge updates are supposed to go?...
  • cmg4721
    cmg4721 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    That seems like a good way to update….I guess whatever your usual weigh in day is, just log it one here...and keep logging it each week :) great job on your loss @bellieff…Hope everyone is still keeping at it :)
  • jluter925
    jluter925 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I want to jump on the bandwagon! I have a friend's wedding that I need to fit the bridesmaids dress by then. Feel free to add me I need as much support as possible!! I haven't lost that much in my week on here but it is a big transition tracking everything I eat! Good luck to all we can do this together!
  • happymom1197
    happymom1197 Posts: 155
    Options
    Ok ladies. What have u planned to take this weight off? What have u given up? What have u swapped for something more healthy? What are your daily or weekly goals? Exercise or food goals?

I have decided to start walking at work during my 30 minute break. I work 3 12 hour night shifts per week, so that will add 90 minutes onto my weekly exercise. Also, I am dedicated to intervals on my treadmill 2-4 times per week. AND I am planning on starting up Jillian's 30 day shred next week. I need to figure out where the DVD went. Lol. Anyway, one step at a time. I started running again 3 weeks ago, started walking at work last week, started cutting my carbs yesterday (aiming for around 100 per day). I'm all fired up!!!! Who is with me?????
  • happymom1197
    happymom1197 Posts: 155
    Options
    Saturdays are my usual weigh in day and because the challege ends on a saturday it works out pretty well. I weighed myself in this morning and lost 3.4 pounds this week! That is my biggest drop since i started MFP June, 13th. It felt great to see that number this morning. I want to contribute it to eating pretty balanced this last week. :)

is that how challenge updates are supposed to go?...

Wtg!!!!! I'm sure you feel great!!!! :)
  • jillica
    jillica Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Had a great week last week but the weekend was a bust (niece's wedding)! Now the goal is to get back on track! Water, working out, and under calories seems to be the trick for me to get it all to click. Thanks JosieMomGramm for starting this group. I wish you all luck!
  • cmg4721
    cmg4721 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    jluter – Welcome! You are exactly right…We can do this together :)

happymom - I am currently on Level 2, Day 6 of the 30DS…and I plan on completing all of the 30 days. When it's done i want to either do her Ripped in 30 or her plan I heard about yesterday, 30 Day Slimdown (combines 30DS, No More Trouble Zones & Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism). I am also on Week 4 of C25K…and I’m so proud that I’ve made it this far and can’t wait to see it thru! i also have some mini-goals that I set up before this challenge to help keep me motivated :) Great job on getting those walks in! Every bit helps!

Jillica – Weekends always get me too! Great attitude to get back on track :)

Keep up the great work everyone!
  • Sunibc22
    Sunibc22 Posts: 330
    Options
    My weigh in day is Friday and I was up 1 lb. :( Weekends are tough for me and after a 1lb gain even tougher but I did ok and even though my eating wasn't perfect I got my exercise both days. Hoping for a good weigh in this Friday...already down the 1lb I gained plus 1 more...but it could fluctuate back up. My eating is going to 100% good this week and I'm running everyday! I did 5km yesterday pushing a stroller and as much as I hated every minute of it I felt fantastic after!!

Good luck everyone and keep up the good work!
  • vegansara
    vegansara Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    After already signing up for this challenge, just started planning a trip to LA and Vegas that turns out to be October 1st! Perfect! I haven't felt good about my body the last few times I was in Vegas, I think it would be great to be there and feel great. I'm excited!
  • mjtbb
    mjtbb Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Can I still join? I just came back from vacation and need some motivation. It has taken me a couple of weeks to stop craving carbs so I will like to join a challenge.
  • futbolkt21
    futbolkt21 Posts: 57
    Options
    Is it too late for me to join in on this challenge??
  • Maggie612
    Maggie612 Posts: 8
    Options
    I want in! I know I am a little late but I really love a challenge!!!

Starting weight 155.4
    Goal 130
  • whatshesaid
    whatshesaid Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hi, am I too late? I was actually going to try and start a thread myself and then saw this one... I am going to Florida the week of Oct. 1 and would like to lose 20lbs (if not 25) by then if possible!!
  • JosieMomGramma
    JosieMomGramma Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    To those who have just signed onto this challenge late, no problem if you want to join us! I just won't be adding everyone to MFP list. I just find it hard to go through everyones posts everyday. But I think it is wonderful that soooo many like the challenge I put out to lose 25lbs or ?? by Oct. 1st. I had lost 3lbs just days before I started this challenge so I have only lost 2lbs. from the start of this challenge so far. Hope to lose 5lbs. by the end of this month. Then 10lbs. for Aug. & Sept. I have added more exercise & am trying harder to be under my calorie goal everyday! Great to hear from some of you, as too how you are trying to meet this challenge! Wishing everyone a great success story. Keep in mind to eat healthfully. I will be posting my losses at the end of each month, So hope you will also.
  • Sunibc22
    Sunibc22 Posts: 330
    Options
    Woo Hoo! did my first 5km running the whole thing today!! I started running 6 weeks ago and could barely run 2 minutes straight!! Also under my calorie goal for the day....gonna be a good week on the scale I think!!! Hope!!! :)
  • rblopez13
    rblopez13 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I would like to join. My starting weight is 201.