Off the sugar and caffeine

Anyone els kick the sugar and caffeine together? Feeling fuzzy and my sleep is all over the place.. will this pass ? How long until I feel normal again

Replies

• highlightshadow
    highlightshadow Posts: 116 Member
    edited February 2017
    Depending on your levels of both then it'll take up to a week for the caffeine withdraw to pass .... if you drink LOADS of coffee each day and you go cold-turkey then you'll feel crap for days

Sugar i guess is probably similar to some degree

I have reduced my carb/sugar intake significantly (probably 60% at least) since my 'before life' and caffeine i have reduced a bit but not eliminated ..... why would you? unless you're putting 10 sugars in your triple super mocha whippy wappy lattechino or whatever :)
  • theman900
    theman900 Posts: 48 Member
    Same i would advise agaist complete elimation of sugar if by sugar you mean all carbs( you will have no energy for workouts and feel very tired plus it can excaberte cortisol yeast problems and other things )but if you mean refined sugar then great its addictive high in fructose replace it with healthier carbs when i went cold Turkey from refined cane sugars sweet potatoes potaoes plantains become your best freinds microwaved them(dont fear the microwave) help you kick it for caffeine im assuming your a coffee drinker if it causes you high anxiety sleep problems then eliminating it and seeing how you feel could be helpful you could try replacing it with green tea has less caffeine a good coffee substitute and with whichever of these hot bevarges you try you could try blending ( always blend it or oil will rise too top no be creamy)tablespoon or 2 coconut oil into them this will give you more energy thatyou would otherwise get from caffeine plus it will help curb cravings from sugar with alot of other benefits anyway good luck to you mate
  • crzycatlady1
    crzycatlady1 Posts: 1,930 Member
    Op why are you doing this?

• JennyHsavage
    JennyHsavage Posts: 123 Member

Caffeine because I'm a terrible sleeper and I find it helps me sleep when I do quit and Just refined sugars for a healthier diet, there's enough in the amount of fruit and veg I eat so I would much happier cut out the crap and fill up on healthy foods. Plus my skin glows
  • JennyHsavage
    There are enough threads on here about "sugar" so I advise you read them.

Regarding caffeine; there is no reason to eliminate it. In fact it is an appetite suppressant and has a mild thermogenic effect so can be beneficial for weight loss.

Good god I wouldn't want to suppress my appetite lol I'd die if I hadn't the energy for the miles I put in
  • JennyHsavage
    Op why are you doing this?

Refined sugar isn't healthy and caffeine keeps me awake... that's why
  • JennyHsavage
    theman900 wrote: »
    Same i would advise agaist complete elimation of sugar if by sugar you mean all carbs( you will have no energy for workouts and feel very tired plus it can excaberte cortisol yeast problems and other things )but if you mean refined sugar then great its addictive high in fructose replace it with healthier carbs when i went cold Turkey from refined cane sugars sweet potatoes potaoes plantains become your best freinds microwaved them(dont fear the microwave) help you kick it for caffeine im assuming your a coffee drinker if it causes you high anxiety sleep problems then eliminating it and seeing how you feel could be helpful you could try replacing it with green tea has less caffeine a good coffee substitute and with whichever of these hot bevarges you try you could try blending ( always blend it or oil will rise too top no be creamy)tablespoon or 2 coconut oil into them this will give you more energy thatyou would otherwise get from caffeine plus it will help curb cravings from sugar with alot of other benefits anyway good luck to you mate
    theman900 wrote: »

Thank you
  • highlightshadow
    highlightshadow Posts: 116 Member
    I have a hard-stop at 3pm for caffeine.... i love coffee but i know i'm sensitive in sleep.... that way i know its well through by bed.... so you can enjoy coffee during the morning and early afternoon.

But if you wanna stop then either expect a few days feeling crap from it (if you had a big habit) or wean yourself from it slower :)
  • GYATagain
    GYATagain Posts: 141 Member
    You will feel so much better in about a week. Depending on the amount of caffeine you ingested everyday. The caffeine withdrawal headache usually goes away after a few days and you will start to sleep better in a couple weeks. The added sugars - again - depending on how much you took in everyday. But, when I fall and eat added sugars - it takes me usually about a week to have it out of my system and turn myself around again. And yes, so many folks on here say there is no difference in how your body responds to fruits/veggie sugars and refined sugar - um, tell that to my old body. I've tried to tell my body that over and over and it says - um, naw - you eat added sugars, here ya go, feel like crap. I do not feel like that from fruits/veggies. So, apparently, my system didn't get that memo that refined sugars and sugars from fruit react the same. And feeling like doodoo when I don't eat well, has gotten worse the older I get! Nope - it is not in my imagination.... lots of other things are, not this. Your body will thank yourself!
  • JennyHsavage
    GYATagain wrote: »
    You will feel so much better in about a week. Depending on the amount of caffeine you ingested everyday. The caffeine withdrawal headache usually goes away after a few days and you will start to sleep better in a couple weeks. The added sugars - again - depending on how much you took in everyday. But, when I fall and eat added sugars - it takes me usually about a week to have it out of my system and turn myself around again. And yes, so many folks on here say there is no difference in how your body responds to fruits/veggie sugars and refined sugar - um, tell that to my old body. I've tried to tell my body that over and over and it says - um, naw - you eat added sugars, here ya go, feel like crap. I do not feel like that from fruits/veggies. So, apparently, my system didn't get that memo that refined sugars and sugars from fruit react the same. And feeling like doodoo when I don't eat well, has gotten worse the older I get! Nope - it is not in my imagination.... lots of other things are, not this. Your body will thank yourself!

Thank you for that x I only had the 2 coffees with 2 sugars in each but its its not the same and I love my water and sleep so it's gotta go
  • JennyHsavage
    i drink coffee so i dont kill people.

and i like chocolate. therefore, sugar is good.
    i drink coffee so i dont kill people.

and i like chocolate. therefore, sugar is good.

That's just you superperson... I get angry when I don't sleep
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,967 Member
    Refined sugar is fine in moderation. I will never quit sugar and caffeine. Although I do try not to have caffeine in the evenings because it can interfere with my sleep.
  • JennyHsavage
    No, I live on tea.

Why are you dropping them?

Sleep is all over the place, I just have 2 a day with 2 sugars so if one goes so is the other ☺️ plus my skin glows when I stick to green tea and plenty of water
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,884 Member
    GYATagain wrote: »

Thank you for that x I only had the 2 coffees with 2 sugars in each but its its not the same and I love my water and sleep so it's gotta go

What time do you have you last cup of coffee? I find if I stop drinking tea mid-afternoon it does not interfere with my sleep.

If you are more sensitive and need to quit altogether, you'll get over the caffeine withdrawal headaches in a few days to a week, with it taking up to 12 days for some unfortunates.