Just for Today ..... Daily Commitment Thread- Start of a new year!

Options

Replies

• PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    J4T - Saturday
    1. Eat healthy and journal everything. :( FAIL. Called home from hotel and there was drama going on there and when I hung up, I immediately walked to vending machine and ate a bag of Amos chocolate chip mini cookies.
    2. HYDRATE! I am severely lacking in this area and it is affecting how I feel. :) I did drink a lot of water yesterday but not enough because this morning my fingers feel like little sausages. All swollen. More water today and maybe go swimming again for activity.
    3. Pack everything and travel from this hotel to the city I'm working in next week. I cannot wait to be done and go home! :) All settled in at new hotel in different town. Nice cozy little room. Like this one much better than last week's.
    4. Get some activity in. :) Got more than normal number of steps in and also did laps in swimming pool for 20 minutes. Took stairs up and down rather than elevator many times yesterday also.
    5. Relax and get some rest tonight. :/ Well, I tried to relax, but then I called home and got involved in the drama. Was up pretty late trying to get to sleep. I really HATE drama.
    6. Gratitude journal and read a few more chapters in my book. :( See above. nope.
    7. Try not to let myself feel anxious or stressed about next week. It will all be fine. I'm good at my job and have nothing to worry about! :) Not stressed about work. Just stressed about home.

Well, talked to everyone at home this morning and things have settled down, so I can relax a little I think. Today, I need to find a laundromat and get some clothes washed for the week. I am also planning to do a bit of shopping and get outside of this hotel room. The temperature is in the 40's today, and I can see out my window that the sun is out and snow is melting a bit!

J4T - Sunday
    1. Shop for healthy snacks and make healthy choices today. No sugary crap!
    2. HYDRATE! There are other things to drink besides coffee!
    3. Do laundry.
    4. Go shopping to kill some time. Perhaps find a new sweater to wear to work tomorrow.
    5. Either go swimming and do laps or use the equipment in exercise room to get some activity in!
    6. Use stairs instead of elevator as much as possible today.
    7. Check out the job site so I know where I'm going tomorrow and what to expect.
    8. Catch up on some work emails so I don't start the work week stressed out.
    9. Set out my clothes and work materials tonight so I'm not scrambling tomorrow morning.
    10. Bed early so I can relax and watch The Walking Dead. (Yea!!!)

Well, if I'm going to get all this in, I'd better get my butt in gear! Have a fantastic day everyone!

February Goals
    • Lose 2 lbs
    • Work up to exercising 4 times a week routinely
    • Find 5 things I'm grateful for every single day and journal them
    • Increase the amount of water I drink on a routine basis.

2017 Word: Serenity
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,217 Member
    Options
    Sat
    1. log all food :/
    2. exercise - its nice outside :):) Raked up 20 bags of leaves, then went on a 5 mile walk. The temps reached 74 out!!!
    3. rake up and bag leaves :)
    4. drink water :/

I ate too much yesterday, but did a ton of yard work, plus a walk, so I think I was OK. I really have to work harder on getting my water in though - not diet pepsi!

Sun
    1. log all food
    2. concentrate on water
    3. finish charity quilt
    4. try and rake up a few more bags of leaves. It is cooler out, but still suppose to be in the 50s, so not bad

• Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,091 Member
    Options
    Goals for Sun
    - take meds
    - Stay within calories.
    - Go to gym but cancel PT if too unwell - take it easy
    - Take my girlies swimming

** No logging today and did not go gym or swimming with the girls - been poorly all day - did manage to take my meds though so that's one good thing! Hopefully feeling better tomorrow**

Goals for Mon
    - Take meds
    - Stay within calories and log even if I'm not well
    - Take it easy
    - Attempt gym only if I'm well but just do some strength training and swim with girls

General Goals for Feb
    - Remain consistent with water intake
    - Try to workout between 18-21days/28 (7/28)
    - Lose 4-6lb
    - Word for Feb: Unstoppable.
  • kirbygirl41
    kirbygirl41 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Goal for 2/12
    Walk: 2 miles :)
    Steps: 8000 :)
    Log all food :)
    Drink 24 ounces of water :)
    Prepare for Monday's meetings. :)

Goal for 2/13
    Walk: 2 miles
    Steps: 7000
    A couple sets of crunches, push ups, and squats
    Log all food
    Drink 24 ounces of water
    Read and study
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Today's commitments -
    - Log everything I eat
    - No snacks except ryvita
    - No alcohol
    - Exercise class after work
    - Stay within calories

- 30 + minute lunch break
    - Meditate
    - Don't procrastinate - get stuff done!
    - Spend some time thinking about relationship issues
  • diana123xyz
    diana123xyz Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Just for today:

1. Log everything and stay under calorie limit
    2. Go to gym and burn 300 calories with the elliptical
    3. Eat my homemade tomatoe soup for lunch and dinner
    4. Write/review list of reasons why I want to lose weight.
  • TechNerd42
    TechNerd42 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    linnea4 wrote: »
    Friday:
    the Goal is more of a guideline, really. Not sure about dinner tonight. Taking my son to see Lego Batman, and may or may not grab dinner. Depends on what he wants as to where we go. - Grabbed Dinner. Still didn't hit within 100 calories... Good Grief
    Go to bed whenever I feel like it, because it's Friday night, and I get to sleep in. - :) Done

JFTW (Weekend):
    Do my chores (work on litter box positioning, and make a dent in the kitchen) - Eh... I'll call this a win.
    Enjoy spending time and eating with friends at game night - Definitely
    talk to game night host about me dialing back my participation a bit. I think I'm getting too old for this. :/ - Kind of brought it up, but enjoyed it too much at the time.
    Don't sit in a strategic place while Pokemon Hunting on Sunday afternoon. Walk a bit. Maybe make Sunday my highest step count day. - Did not go Pokemon Hunting. But went well over 10000 steps on Saturday, so I'll accept it. (Usually don't get over 6000 steps in a day.)
    Watch The Walking Dead with my daughter. - Done. OMG

Monday:
    Aim for staying within 100 calories of the goal
    Focus at work. I only work 4 days this week, have to make each one count.

• cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,500 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Weekend updates first - Sat. 2/11/17 goals:
    1) Walk Seroogy's Valentine 5K in under 50 minutes - YES chip time of 49:46.87 and I also walked the dog around the neighborhood 1.85 miles in afternoon, total >16,000 steps :smiley:
    2) Drink 8 - 10 glasses of water - YES 10 including 2 bottles of water after race :smile:
    3) Floss - YES :smiley:

Sunday 2/12/17:
    1) Walk at least 10,000 steps, even if it means the treadmill (very windy in forecast) - No, fell short at 9,600 and no treadmill. But I kept busy with church, created grocery list / checked basement pantry, healthy brunch, grocery shopping / putting away, and laundry. :neutral:
    2) Drink 8 - 10 glasses of water - YES at least 8, maybe 10, I lost track at some point :smile:
    3) Do laundry - YES :smile: still have sheets / towels to do later this week, either W or F evening; what about hubby's work clothes / my jeans? Ask him to do those.
    4) Bedtime by 10:30 w/o TV - NO 10:37 it's going to busy next few days, need to get my sleep :neutral:

Just for today M 2/13/17:
    1) Drink 8 - 10 glasses of water
    2) Walk at least 25 flights of stairs, mostly at work (lots of driving and sitting tonight, need to get in activity)
    3) Eat early supper at desk, that I brought to work (driving 1 1/4 hours after work to watch nieces' bball games & I don't want to eat concession food, or eat so late afterward; so sad it's the last games of theirs that I'll get to see)
    4) Floss !!!
    5) Bedtime 10:30, hopefully I'm home by then!
  • KayHBE
    KayHBE Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Just for today... Monday

-Take SO to airport
    -Get at least 10,500 steps in
    -Make a soup for dinner using up the veggies in the fridge (Fridge clean up)
    -Pick up prescription

I'd really like to get 12,000 steps in but it's going to be a very busy day.

Keep going everyone onward and upwards!!
  • Bex953172
    Options
    Soooo my word of the month is failing me!
    Unstoppable... unless I have a cold which I caught from .. (you'll never believe it) .. THE GYM!

Anyway any home remedies to shift this horrible blocked nose and cough?!
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Posting for tomorrow now as I'll be working on the train tomorrow - today's commitments were:

- Log everything I eat :)
    - No snacks except ryvita :/ I had a cookie. But I compensated with a smaller dinner so I'm happy with today
    - No alcohol :)
    - Exercise class after work :)
    - Stay within calories :) Close enough at -30
    - 30 + minute lunch break :)
    - Meditate :)
    - Don't procrastinate - get stuff done! :| Some procrastination happened... I'm learning that my productivity is best when I have a mix of small and big tasks. Today was all tiny little things that weren't very interesting so I got bored!
    - Spend some time thinking about relationship issues :/ Did not make time for this today, need to soon

Tomorrow's commitments v similar:
    - Log everything I eat
    - No snacks except ryvita
    - No alcohol
    - Exercise class after work
    - Stay within calories

- 30 + minute lunch break
    - Meditate
    - Leave work straight after exercise class - take laptop if necessary
    - Don't procrastinate - get stuff done!
    - Arrange scary meeting I've been putting off
  • Bex953172
    Options
    Goals for Mon
    - Take meds - yep
    - Stay within calories and log even if I'm not well... yep although it won't let me complete diary because I've ate to little!
    - Take it easy - yeah I think I have
    - Attempt gym only if I'm well but just do some strength training and swim with girls - yeah not happening

Goals for Tues
    - take it very easy
    - Take meds
    - Stay within calories
    - Ring pharmacy/GP

General Goals for Feb
    - Try to workout between 14/28 days (7/28)
    - Lose 4-6lb
    - Word for Feb: Unstoppable

^^^ edited Feb goals due to illness
  • kirbygirl41
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Goals for Mon
    - Take meds - yep
    - Stay within calories and log even if I'm not well... yep although it won't let me complete diary because I've ate to little!
    - Take it easy - yeah I think I have
    - Attempt gym only if I'm well but just do some strength training and swim with girls - yeah not happening

Goals for Tues
    - take it very easy
    - Take meds
    - Stay within calories
    - Ring pharmacy/GP

General Goals for Feb
    - Try to workout between 14/28 days (7/28)
    - Lose 4-6lb
    - Word for Feb: Unstoppable

^^^ edited Feb goals due to illness

Sorry your sick.
  • kirbygirl41
    Options

Goal for 2/13
    Walk: 2 miles :)
    Steps: 7000 :)
    A couple sets of crunches, push ups, and squats :)
    Log all food :) stayed under goal!
    Drink 24 ounces of water :)
    Read and study :)

Goal 2/14
    Exercise: 20 minutes with video workout
    Steps: 7000
    Log all food stay under goal
    Drink 28 ounces of water
    Do 2 loads of laundry and straighten house
    Read and study some more.
  • shenna333
    shenna333 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Been off for a few days, but anyhow, back at it :p

Just for today: Tuesday

Water 8 cups
    Stay under calorie goal
    Get some exercise
    10000 steps

<3<3<3 Everyone enjoy their day! <3<3<3
  • jamieparadis20
    jamieparadis20 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Goals for today
    Drink extra water
    Reach Protein goal
    Challenge myself in the gym
  • Peachfaygo77
    Peachfaygo77 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    ok Im new here :)
    Just For today

10mins of positive affirmations in AM
    complain less
    Gym@5AM
    Drink 8 glasses of H2O
    track (every single bite)
    walk for 45 mins this evening
    10 mins positive affirmations in PM
    stay in my calorie range
    Burn daily goal
    no social media after 7:00pm
    journal writing/our daily bread/bible
    complete my day on myfitnesspal

February goals!!! <3

break habit of inconsistency in all apsects of life
    stick with gym/workout routines 5days a week /45mins
    meal prep
    lose 2 pounds per week.

• TechNerd42
    TechNerd42 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    linnea4 wrote: »
    Monday:
    Aim for staying within 100 calories of the goal - Fail again. I guessed on Dinner. My daughter made it. Could've been under, could've been over. Heck, for all I know, I hit the target exactly. But that's life.
    Focus at work. I only work 4 days this week, have to make each one count. - Ha! I started being able to focus about 2 hours before I left. Today should be better though.

Tuesday:
    Record everything to the best of my ability, but no specific goals today. I already know that chocolates and a restaurant dinner are in the cards. Just don't know quantity or type.
    Live a little
    Get crap done