Why do you post selfies?

Options

Replies

• M1ssdanni
    M1ssdanni Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Most of our selfies are just wind up ones cause it's causes a bit of a stir..just messing round and trying to have a laugh. Also just naturally people like compliments or like to show off their progress cause they are proud of themselves
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    Bandit1996 wrote: »
    I post selfies on FB cause they're fun!

Hell yeah I get way more attention on fb with my selfies then on here

• Carbkiller1970
    Carbkiller1970 Posts: 3,289 Member
    Options
    tjiddy wrote: »
    melmelw03 wrote: »
    Sometimes people like and may need attention.
    It's probably why some like to start multiple threads. People need that validation right?

Winner! I love it! I should attach a selfie to it too

How does one get validated from multiple threads I usually try to think of something that will get a convo going but sometimes. Not many interested so I'll think of another that's all
  • Dreamcrusher16
    Dreamcrusher16 Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    Ultimately for me, since I don't know anyone in real life, I like seeing everyone's selfies and progress pictures. Helps you to feel attached to people and get to know them in a small way. It's pretty shallow as far as relationships between people go, but that's not to say that solid friendships can't be formed from these initial shallow friendships.
  • BrunetteRunner87
    BrunetteRunner87 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    I think MFP is different by nature, but on other platforms I do think it's because people need to feel good about themselves. I read an article encouraging people to post selfies because it shows love of yourself but I completely disagree. When I think of the people on my friends list the people who post selfies the most are known to have low self esteem, they use filters and extreme angles to make themselves look better and I don't understand those flower crowns. Of course, people post pictures of pretty much anything to get likes and approval, like they want to show people the cool activity they are in to or how active they are.
  • FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    Ultimately for me, since I don't know anyone in real life, I like seeing everyone's selfies and progress pictures. Helps you to feel attached to people and get to know them in a small way. It's pretty shallow as far as relationships between people go, but that's not to say that solid friendships can't be formed from these initial shallow friendships.

I like this... and wanted to say so with more than an anonymous click.
  • cqbkaju
    cqbkaju Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    I've never done it and I do not understand the allure either.
    Not even shots for workout progress.

If I cannot see the difference visually over time then clearly I am doing something wrong.
    I don't need a picture to prove it.
  • Dreamcrusher16
    Dreamcrusher16 Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    FeraFilia wrote: »

I like this... and wanted to say so with more than an anonymous click.

I hate that I can't see who liked or clicked my posts! I'm super nosey like that.(I liked your post)
  • FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    Sometimes people like and may need attention.
    It's probably why some like to start multiple threads. People need that validation right?

Winner! I love it! I should attach a selfie to it too

Let's ALL selfie!

8xbe025cz0as.jpg

Lol. Is this the required filter? Or will any Valentine's Day filter work?
  • RastaLousGirl
    RastaLousGirl Posts: 2,119 Member
    Options
    J_Surita3 wrote: »
    I'm just here to watch people passionately defend their daily selfies, and for the laughs of course.

Me too! LoL!
  • Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    Options
    LL5lifts wrote: »
    I'm just here to watch people passionately defend their daily selfies, and for the laughs of course.

I have a smiley face sticker next to you name in the notebook that may or may not exist where I keep track of ALL MY COMPLIMENTS. :D

That must be a HUGE notebook. ;)
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options

I have a smiley face sticker next to you name in the notebook that may or may not exist where I keep track of ALL MY COMPLIMENTS. :D

That must be a HUGE notebook. ;)

Well I may take compliments given to other people, cross of their name, and put my name in its place.......or I may not because said notebook might not even exist. We don't know.

But you are bringing the notebook to our brownie fort party, right? ;)
  • djeffreys10
    djeffreys10 Posts: 2,312 Member
    Options
    lstrat115 wrote: »
    Other than my profile and gallery pics, I mostly only post selfies on my ig. People that follow it know that I use it for gym related *kitten*, so if they aren't interested the don't have to be there. I like being able to look back at past posts and see the progress I have made. And it's always nice to get a kudos or two along the way.

I like looking back on your pics too. Just sayin....

How YOU doin? ;-)