Why do you post selfies?

Options

Replies

• melmelw03
    melmelw03 Posts: 5,338 Member
    Options
    Timshel_ wrote: »
    melmelw03 wrote: »
    I'm going to actually give a legit answer instead of being a sarcastic biotch. :smiley:

This is a fitness app. People are at all levels of fitness and have worked hard to achieve goals. Maybe at one point they felt ugly or invisible and have found a place that doesn't make them feel that way any longer. No need to be so damn judgy.

Sometimes my hair looks decent or I feel cute and want to share it to feel good about myself. I don't post sexy pics, but if I ever did I'm betting there may be one or two who would appreciate it. :wink:

Ughhh...way to ruin a perfectly ruined thread with common sense, reason, and kind words.

Can't take you anywhere.

Someone punish me. Please.
  • toned_thugs_n_harmony
    toned_thugs_n_harmony Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Timshel_ wrote: »
    I'm going to actually give a legit answer instead of being a sarcastic biotch. :smiley:

This is a fitness app. People are at all levels of fitness and have worked hard to achieve goals. Maybe at one point they felt ugly or invisible and have found a place that doesn't make them feel that way any longer. No need to be so damn judgy.

Sometimes my hair looks decent or I feel cute and want to share it to feel good about myself. I don't post sexy pics, but if I ever did I'm betting there may be one or two who would appreciate it. :wink:

Ughhh...way to ruin a perfectly ruined thread with common sense, reason, and kind words.

Can't take you anywhere.

Someone punish me. Please.

DIBS!

• Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    3evuq7lu1j0u.jpg

I have nothing to add here's a selfie

Ronlad Jenkees? Where is your hat?
  • Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    Options
    I commend people for putting themselves out there and having the confidence and pride in their hard work. I’m not a ‘hater’ by any stretch. I just don’t need to see a picture every single day over and over and some people post the same pic on multiple selfie threads. Sometimes, less is more. I tend to stay away from the selfie threads because, quite frankly I get bored. It’s like looking at someone’s photo album with similar pics on every page. “Here I at the gym wearing a t-shirt, oh here I am on my couch, oh here I am at the gym again but this time I’m wearing a different color t-shirt. I SAW YOU on the first page, for crying out loud. I remember what you look like. Of course that’s just my opinion and as I’ve said before, not the most popular around here.

p.s. I will contribute to the selfie thread again and when I do, don't stone me to death....um Max. :#
  • Just_J_Now
    Options
    This thread is a disgrace. Because it has the potential for a select few attack others who indulge. We all get it. You do not need the validation because you have a wonderful husband/wife. The truth is this - insecurity.

People should not worry about other people's choices.

I love the selfies. Even the men selfies. Even the men who sometimes annoy me. It's nice to see the person and know the human behind the moniker in several forms.

I resurrected a few threads to prove a point. More people should post selfies.

It's Valentine's day. Go flirt, post more selfies, be happy. End thread.

First of all, a thread doesn't end just because you say so.
    2nd, it's not a disgrace, people can say what they want to on the internet.
    3rd, I'm not sure if you're someone's boss, but you're not mine. Don't tell me what to do.

Lastly, Happy Valentines Day. <3
  • Just_J_Now
    Options
    I get it.

But my question is this - what enjoyment do some people get in pooping over someone's party? It's kind of an internet sadism of some sort. We all possess it. But the selfies rile up more people than it should.

I can only speak for myself. Regardless on my thoughts on the selfie threads, people will post them and do whatever they heck they choose. I'm only here because I'm bored at work today and need distractions.
  • LiftingRiot
    LiftingRiot Posts: 6,952 Member
    Options
    How much more hideous do you think people are in real life??? Typically, someone will only post the best view or lighting or filter.

t9ctG5MZhyyU8.gif
  • beagletracks
    beagletracks Posts: 6,035 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Sarcastic biotch post edited to say...

All of the things Timshel and Melmel said.

Also it seems to promote positive feelings and a sense of closeness among the posters (if they didn't say that).

I had a photo of my face as a profile pic for about an hour until someone trolled me, and I've been a beagle since then.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    Typically, someone will only post the best view or lighting or filter.

I prefer to Pchop. Get better gainz, brah.

drvblo1nguew.jpg

• LiftingRiot
    LiftingRiot Posts: 6,952 Member
    Options
    crg808 wrote: »
    lstrat115 wrote: »
    crg808 wrote: »
    lstrat115 wrote: »
    J_Surita3 wrote: »
    I commend people for putting themselves out there and having the confidence and pride in their hard work. I’m not a ‘hater’ by any stretch. I just don’t need to see a picture every single day over and over and some people post the same pic on multiple selfie threads. Sometimes, less is more. I tend to stay away from the selfie threads because, quite frankly I get bored. It’s like looking at someone’s photo album with similar pics on every page. “Here I at the gym wearing a t-shirt, oh here I am on my couch, oh here I am at the gym again but this time I’m wearing a different color t-shirt. I SAW YOU on the first page, for crying out loud. I remember what you look like. Of course that’s just my opinion and as I’ve said before, not the most popular around here.

p.s. I will contribute to the selfie thread again and when I do, don't stone me to death....um Max. :#

I find it more intriguing when people post the same exact selfie at different times, like weeks apart. I guess there is no rule that a selfie has to be a picture that you JUST took, but where all are you posting these that you forgot you already graced us with that pic? Red flag to me.

I sometimes post the same selfie to cause aggravation

Wow. Didn't you just call someone else a little boy the other day?
    Seems like doing something just to annoy people isn't the most mature of actions, but you do you.

No, i posted a selfie way back, with my girlfriend. Got so much heat from it, everyone took such offence, talked about it for months. We were flamed for a selfie, so from time to time I like to give people something to talk about for a few more months to fill their days

Puppy dog selfie anyone?

Ps the guy I called a little boy turned out to be a catfish :D

They are just hating cause your beautiful...
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    idk1970 wrote: »
    People on a fitness community app are looking for encouragement affirmation and support. It's really that simple. If you don't want to or can't encourage affirm or support them then don't.

I'm getting a beating here contiplating posting a pick of my bruises. Geeez

I'm not beating or berating you. It's a choice to say something nice to someone or about someone or if it bothers you to just ignore it. I get so tired of seeing guys with abs showing them off, but the second I get one I'm damn sure posting a selfie of that. An abie I'll call it. And then I'll celebrate my abie with some buffalo wild wings and bask in the glow of the adoration of mfp

Id love to see more selfies with or without Abie lol
  • LittleLionHeart1
    LittleLionHeart1 Posts: 3,655 Member
    Options
    So what. Some people need the ego boost, and some people don't. I did one selfie so far. And it was just a partial head shot.
    And when I get to my goal weight, or even half the way, I may be posting another one. I may or may not include some cleve. Depending what mood I'm in!! :D:D
    But normally excessive vanity, and basing your self worth on soley your looks, seems like a pretty sad thing. Why Kim Kardashian does it. Just to make more moolah, and knowing people are drooling over her for the moolah. Makes me sick. But I wouldn't complain If I could do that. Then I'd make myself sick. But that would be ok because I would be in the moolah. :)