Just for Today ..... Daily Commitment Thread- Start of a new year!

Options

Replies

• Taliafinch
    Taliafinch Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Hi Joan-waves! I have a 1 litre bottle that I carry around with me everywhere. As soon as I finish it I fill it up. I have only just started logging and never took much notice of how much I drink. I normally fill it 4 times a day. Always take a full bottle to bed and drink whatever is left before I get up. So start the day hydrated. When I used to drink from a glass I would go hours without thinking about going to get a drink.
    I just use a juice or tonic bottle and replace it every couple of weeks.
  • KayHBE
    KayHBE Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    @joan6630 Does you water need to be filtered? Do you not like the taste?

At work I buy a green tea everyday... I then fill up my paper cup and mark a line to say I filled it. I have a desk job and sip on my water all day, occasionally just finishing it and filling it up again. I always have a case of bottled water in the car and keep one in the cup holder at all times. I too keep a glass on my nightstand and have a some first thing in the morning. I believe that if I drink all this water it will flush out my system and keep me healthy possibly flushing out the fat too... Where this is true or not, it keeps me focused on my water consumption. I do love water and always have.

Good luck
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,489 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    joan6630 wrote: »
    2. drink water. Concentrate on 2 glasses with each meal. WHy is this so hard for me to do!!! For you water drinkers, can you give me secrets, or tell me how you get all the water in? I've tried flavored waters, but they upset my stomach.

My "secrets" are: I drink 16 oz water with breakfast and lunch, and have a 24 oz water bottle that sits on my desk at work, that I try to drink once each morning and afternoon. On weekends, it's more of a chore, since I don't use the water bottle there, but I try to drink extra 16 oz glasses during the day. Sometimes, I like water with cucumber slices, or a lemon slice. There's all sorts of water recipes that I've seen, but don't take the time. Do you like other decaffeinated drinks like tea or coffee?

• kirbygirl41
    kirbygirl41 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    2/16
    Walked for 2 miles with the dog. :)
    Steps 7000 :) 9500
    Log all food and stay under goal :)
    Drink 32 ounces of water :)
    Read and study. :)
    Clean out refrigerator and pantry :)

2/17
    Walk for two miles. Do some crunches and push-ups.
    Steps 8000
    Log all food and stay under goal
    Drink 32 ounces of water
    Read and study
    Do laundry at my friends house. My washing machine is still broking.

• bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Been away for a couple of days, difficult to post in that time. That should be it for the traveling for a while now though - so posting (and eating!) can go back to normal).

Today's commitments -
    - Log everything I eat
    - No snacks
    - No alcohol
    - Stay within calories

- 30 + minute lunch break
    - Meditate
    - Don't procrastinate - get stuff done!
    - Spend some time thinking about relationship issues

• cschmitz110515
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Yesterday R 2/16/17
    1) Drink 8 - 10 glasses of water - YES 11 :smile:
    2) Walk at least 25 flights of stairs (have 2 hour meeting this afternoon, really have to work this in today) - No (16) really a sedentary day at work, only one stairs break. But at least I got > 8,000 steps w/o treadmill.
    3) Stick with meal plan and eliminate snacking (yesterday I stayed on track until evening, and when I finally sat down to read the paper and relax, I gorged on dry roasted peanuts, which I logged....of course, that put me way over, and that is not helping me reach me goal weight at all!) - Yes sort of: ate a small banana and hard-boiled egg for evening snacks, slightly over daily goals, but not bad. :smile:
    4) Evening after choir, do errands instead of going straight home - YES even though I just wanted to be home, but got everything done and got to relax with tea, Jeopardy recording and paper at 8:15 :smile:
    5) Floss - maybe 4 days in a row? YES :smiley:
    6) Bedtime by 10:30 w/ TV off (would really like to read one chapter in my book, but need to make time) YES 10:16 but no time for my book :smile:

Just for today F 2/17/17
    1) Drink 8 - 10 glasses of water
    2) Stick with meal / snack plan for the entire day
    3) Walk the dog after work
    4) Complete evening chores on to-do list....keeping it simple b/c it's Friday!
    5) Floss...are 5 consecutive days possible?
    6) No bedtime goal but remember to set alarm....leaving home at 10 a.m. to visit the folks
  • kwfitgal
    kwfitgal Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Great, just erased my post coz I went back to check on something.
    Been out of it a few days, so I am sort of starting over.

JFT 17 Feb Friday:
    1. Log everything
    2. At least 2 pints water/tea
    3. Love on each of my children today
    4. Remain in peaceful place

Word for February: Unshakeable. Take a deep breath and Let God. <3
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,336 Member
    Options
    @utahjulia Welcome! I love your idea of posting what you WON'T do today also. I may have to steal that! :smile:

Love all the water ideas. I also struggle getting water in. It's getting worse all the time. UGH. I think I will try filling a bottle and taking it with me wherever I go. I read about a water enhancer last night called STUR which a lot of people on that site use to flavor their water. 0 cals, 0 carbs, 0 sugar. All natural ingredients. I'm thinking about trying it. I'll let you know how it tastes.

@slittlemeister I gained almost 2 lbs back just being on the road and my fingers are swollen like sausages from not hydrating enough. I'm also feeling relieved to have a break and get back to my normal routine! :wink:
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    Yesterday I ended up in the ER with chest pains. I was there for almost the entire day, so I didn't get on here at all. Everything is fine though, so that was good news! So, I will just post today's goals. I will keep them simple since i'm not feeling very well.

Just For Friday, I WILL:
    1. Stick to foods on my food plan.
    2. Weigh or measure and journal everything.
    3. Hydrate, at least 64 oz of water. Carry a bottle of water with me today.
    4. Pay bills and balance checkbook.
    5. Take laptop in to get fixed, and perhaps buy a new one for granddaughter to do her homework now that she is taking college classes.
    6. Try to hit my step goal on my FitBit today. Failed yesterday.
    7. Read next chapter of Simple Abundance and write in gratitude journal
    8. Get some rest tonight, bed early.

...and I WILL NOT:
    1. Eat processed snacks
    2. Take on colleague's negativity
    3. Give up

February Goals
    Lose 2 lbs
    Work up to exercising 4 times a week routinely
    Find 5 things I'm grateful for every single day and journal them
    Increase the amount of water I drink on a routine basis.

2017 Word: Serenity (In 2017, I will find a place of SERENITY in this crazy busy world and stressful job.)
  • shenna333
    shenna333 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Really fallen off the last little while...won't bore you with the gory details lol. I have a 4 day weekend! House is quiet for now, I'm loving it. Think I am going to take a midmorning nap and let things develop as they may. Going on a much needed out of town excursion tomorrow. Just found out, have another grand baby on the way! Mixed emotions since my girls, and their families, and their pets are all living with me. But hey, these are the times in life, that you just can't get back :)

Just for today: Friday

Enjoy my day!
    Make reasonably good choices
    Love to take a long walk downtown
    Take my puppies out
    8 glasses of water
  • cschmitz110515
    Options
    @oconnell5483 so glad everything is fine. Take care of yourself!

BTW some of the post ideas on this thread are definitely steal-worthy, like the Word of the Month, and Today I Will Not. I'm going to use those when appropriate for my day! :wink:
  • pattilindley
    pattilindley Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Just discovered this thread. I'm new at this. I have been trying to do clean eating for 6 weeks now and have lost 15 pounds. I still need to lose 55 more but I don't want to focus on that overwhelming goal. So I set a 5 pound at a time goal. I don't want to call this a diet, I want this to be a life change. I guess for daily goals I need to drink more water and don't give in to evening carb snacking. Baby steps.
  • KayHBE
    KayHBE Posts: 906 Member
    Options

Do more walking before dinner time. ** I think this is the key
    Up my healthy fats ** yes
    Work up to a daily goal of 12,001 steps ** yes
    100 oz of water** yes

JFT Friday

- Keep moving at least 12,001 steps
    - Change Fitbit daily goal to 11,000
    - Keep up the 100 oz of water
    - Vacuum
    - Plan weekend activities to move this body of mine in a fun way.

• mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,210 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I ended up in the ER with chest pains. I was there for almost the entire day, so I didn't get on here at all. Everything is fine though, so that was good news! So, I will just post today's goals. I will keep them simple since i'm not feeling very well.

[

2017 Word: Serenity (In 2017, I will find a place of SERENITY in this crazy busy world and stressful job.)

SO glad everything is OK for you!! Not fun being in the ER. Hope you get back to feeling better soon!
  • mytime6630
    Options
    Just discovered this thread. I'm new at this. I have been trying to do clean eating for 6 weeks now and have lost 15 pounds. I still need to lose 55 more but I don't want to focus on that overwhelming goal. So I set a 5 pound at a time goal. I don't want to call this a diet, I want this to be a life change. I guess for daily goals I need to drink more water and don't give in to evening carb snacking. Baby steps.

You are so right - this is a lifestyle change. And I have to learn this myself, but changes do take time. It doesn't just happen overnite - its one day at a time! Congratulations on losing 15 lbs - you are off to a great start!
  • mytime6630
    edited February 2017
    Options
    THursday
    1. NO binge eating. Be mindful of everything I put in my mouth. Remember that awful feeling after eating way too much - especially junk stuff that does nothing but add on pounds. :):)
    2. drink water. Concentrate on 2 glasses with each meal. WHy is this so hard for me to do!!! For you water drinkers, can you give me secrets, or tell me how you get all the water in? I've tried flavored waters, but they upset my stomach. (I guess on the plus side of that, is that I won't eat :) ) :):)
    3. get in 30 minutes exercise. ALready done!! :) 60 minutes on the treadmill, plus raked some more leaves
    4. lay out workout clothes for tomorrow morning. :)
    5. no snacking at quilt meeting tonite. Drink only water. Just because there is free food - nothing is free! And .... they had a huge tray of brownies there, and bags of pretzels. I almost took a bag of pretzels, then though, wait a minute! I am NOT hungry. I just had dinner. so I grabbed my water, and did OK without that extra food!
    6. get back on here tomorrow -- be accountable!! :):)

Thank you all so much for the water suggestions. This is something I know I have to work harder at making it a habit. So I went out and bought a water bottle - with a little handle on top. I am trying to take this with me everywhere. I don't like the taste of water from a plastic bottle, but hoping I'll just get used to it. But ... I got my water in yesteday!

JFT, Friday.
    1. take water bottle with me everywhere. drink water
    2. log all food
    3. get out and exercise today. Already been to the gym, but rake some leaves
    4. drink water with each meal. Concentrate on 2 glasses per meal
    5. write out menu plans for the weekend
    6. clean house
    7. laundry
    8. get out for a walk tonite
    9. lay out workout clothes for tomorrow morning

• Taliafinch
    Taliafinch Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Do you ever put a chunk of lemon in your water?
    I am full of germs today and have drunk mugs of warm water with a chunk of lemon in the bottom. I find it a very gentle and comforting drink.
    My just for day has been just get through the day! We all have fevers. My house is like a quarantine zone!
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    joan6630 wrote: »
    THursday

5. no snacking at quilt meeting tonite. Drink only water. Just because there is free food - nothing is free! And .... they had a huge tray of brownies there, and bags of pretzels. I almost took a bag of pretzels, then though, wait a minute! I am NOT hungry. I just had dinner. so I grabbed my water, and did OK without that extra food!

Thank you all so much for the water suggestions. This is something I know I have to work harder at making it a habit. So I went out and bought a water bottle - with a little handle on top. I am trying to take this with me everywhere. I don't like the taste of water from a plastic bottle, but hoping I'll just get used to it. But ... I got my water in yesteday!

@joan6630 Good for you turning down the brownies and pretzels and grabbing your water! That is SO hard to do!

I don't like the taste of water from plastic either, but if I get good quality plastic bottle, I find I don't mind the taste so much. Also, they have metal water bottles that keep water really cold and tastes good too. I had one I loved and it disappeared from work one day. :(

@Taliafinch I LOVE lemon in my water, but I was drinking a lot of it and ended up having problems with my teeth so had to stop. I love cucumber water also. It's really refreshing! I sure hope you feel better soon!!
  • phoebegjct2013
    phoebegjct2013 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I want to join in to ! Just found this thread!
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    I want to join in to ! Just found this thread!

Welcome! :)