Stay at home mommies unite! 60 day challenge

Options

Replies

• DivineSensation
    DivineSensation Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hey... I know that I am late in reading this topic, but is it to late for me to join....???? I love pink. I'm still fairly new to mfp and still trying to learn how to use and navigate this.
  • NewLife_11
    NewLife_11 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Pink team is full but there is a new Black team forming but you must weigh in by today..your whole team and you need a team captain. There are 3 of you so far, you need 5 to complete a team.
  • RedheadHen
    RedheadHen Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I started SAHMU when I starting MFP so the starting SAHMU weight will be when you signed up for it. Next week it will be easier to follow but this week is a little different because everyone signed up at different times so there may be no difference in Starting SAHMU weight and week 1 weight.

Oh! Okay! Cool! I get it now! Thanks!
  • holli3586
    holli3586 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I have a question for all the ladies.

What's the hardest thing you have given up for your lifestyle change?
    Also Does your family support you ?
  • renubhat_82
    renubhat_82 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies!

Starting SAHMU: 155 lbs
    Week 1: 152 lbs
    Goal weight : 135 lbs (long term)

Lost 3 lbs this week and back on track to shred more..

Emotional- I become so insecure when others call me fat.. Also, my hubby would have a discussion sometimes- he tells his colleague that I am dancer and they assume that I am well maintained and very slim coz I am a dancer. But when he makes a remark that I am not, puts me off..

-Renu
  • holli3586
    Options
    Ahh hubby just called and asked if i wanted to go out to eat tonight. Ugh
  • NewLife_11
    Options

At this point I feel like I haven't given anything up I have just gained so much with my new lifestyle. Sure I would love to eat more pizza but I know how it makes me feel after so I don't miss that!
    My family is a wonderful support system, My husband keeps saying he is very proud of me and comments on how I am getting this new confidence about me.
  • NewLife_11
    Options
    Go it will be fun just remember lower your calorie intake during the day and stay strong and make good choices at dinner.
  • NewLife_11
    Options
    I wanted to share my emotional challenge with the whole group even though we have seperate teams we are still a group.

Emotional Challenge:
    I believe one reason I have gained and kept this weight on goes all the way back to my parents divorce. I have 5 sister's, 4 of them went to live with my mom and my sister and I stayed with my dad. I was my Dad's emotional support at this time I was only 7. My mom and my 4 sisters moved away and we had no contact for 5 years. (those were some tough years). I wasn't over weight until I was about 16 and only a little but I think I just held on to that emotional baggage for way to long.
  • ♥Amy♥
    ♥Amy♥ Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    Here's my stats for today:

Starting MFP Weight 177 (My heighest weight was 223 when starting in my journey in September, 2010)
    Starting SAHMU Weight 141
    Week 1 Weight 141
    Goal Weight 120

~I went for a 45 minute walk with my boys this morning (my 2 year old in the stroller and my 7 year old walking with me)

~I completed my 25 squats

~The reason behind my weight is definitely my low self-esteem and I *used to* use food as a coping mechanism. If I was sad/lonely, I'd eat. Happiness, I'd eat. Tired, I'd eat. I say used to because I have changed this. Food is now just a way to satisfy hunger and that's it. Even though I've lost 82 lbs. so far, it's hard for me to see a difference in myself because I'm so aware of my body now and complain more about my fat areas than I ever have. When neighbors compliment me, all I really hear is "You were such a fat *kitten* before, but you are starting to look good now." (even though they are truly being nice, it's just my low self esteem getting the best of me)
  • ♥Amy♥
    Options

My hardest thing has been sweets. I have a horrible sweet tooth and I'm not a person that can just have 1 and be satisfied, so for the most part, I just don't have it. If it's something that I can easily limit myself, then I go ahead, but some stuff it's just easier for me to not have it at all.

As far as family support, we don't live my any extended family. They are all 8+ hours away, so it's just my DH and sons. The 3 of them are VERY supportive of me. DH doesn't necessarily like all the changes that I make (like very few snacks in the house and stuff), but he doesn't complain or anything, he just finds something healthy to snack on. As for extended family, my sister and dad say they are proud of me when we talk on the phone, but I haven't seen them since March, but when I did, they were supportive then. DH's family is not super supportive because they are HUGE eaters and EVERYTHING is about food. So our trip to Disney next week with them will be centered all around food. Luckily, I think I am strong enough now to just sit there and watch them eat and not feel weak. I will probably just want to get moving instead, LOL.
  • ♥Amy♥
    Options

You could always go to Chili's because Kids Eat Free Tonight and then do either half of your dinner and save the other half for tomorrow or pick something not too terrible for you. I eat the Chicken Fajitas there....not good for you, but oh so yummy, LOL!
  • linake11
    linake11 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Starting MFP Weight: 288.6
    Starting SAHMU Weight: 270.6
    Week 1 Weight: 270.6
    Goal Weight : 60 day goal 255.6 (ultimate goal, 160)

Emotional goal: I've always struggled with weight. Ever since I can remember. I think the reason I've gotten to my highest weight is because of stress. I'm learning to deal with it through exercise and better eating, and I've learned to not let things get to me so easily.
  • NewLife_11
    Options
    Starting MFP Weight: 288.6
    Starting SAHMU Weight: 270.6
    Week 1 Weight: 270.6
    Goal Weight : 60 day goal 255.6 (ultimate goal, 160)

Emotional goal: I've always struggled with weight. Ever since I can remember. I think the reason I've gotten to my highest weight is because of stress. I'm learning to deal with it through exercise and better eating, and I've learned to not let things get to me so easily.

Great Idea we should put our 60 day goal on our weigh in sheet, next week we will start this.
  • circusmom
    circusmom Posts: 662 Member
    Options

I've given up everything white, no rice, pasta, white potatoes, bread. It really wasn't that hard. The first week was the worst but after that it's been easy. I now eat only whole grain breads, and occassionaly I'll have some dreamfields pasta. My family is supportive, my huuby only once made the comment "It's only one biscuit, it's not going to ruin it all" I told him my goal was more important than that biscuit, and he's never asked anything like it again. He gets the kids ready for bed while I'm out walking, it gives him alone time with the kids.
  • circusmom
    circusmom Posts: 662 Member
    Options

You could always go to Chili's because Kids Eat Free Tonight and then do either half of your dinner and save the other half for tomorrow or pick something not too terrible for you. I eat the Chicken Fajitas there....not good for you, but oh so yummy, LOL!
    I love chili's fajita's, I skip the tortilla's and add a side of black beans sans rice, and ask for a little extra veggies on the skillet. Not a bad dinner. I actually had that about a week ago, also I never finish all the meat, so I bring it home and the next day I throw it in a salad for lunch. Yum!!!!
  • poesch77
    poesch77 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Starting MFP Weight: 247
    Starting SAHMU Weight: 225.5
    Week 1 Weight: 225
    Goal Weight : 60 day goal 210 (ultimate goal, 165)

25min of JM Shred done....doing squats tonite with 20 min of strength training

Emotional goal: I, too, was a child of divorce, not once but twice. These things in life were things I could'nt control...eating I could. I was a chunky kid from 9-13...then went thru a starvation period until 17 then kept eating from then on....time to nip it in the bud!
  • renubhat_82
    Options

Hardest thing for me would giving eating disorder.. The reason I put on weight was because I used to go stavation mode and no fixed time for breakfast, lunch or dinner.. There have been days when i skipped all of them.. and sometimes I was hungry that I would eat anything I find..lol... But now I am better off... Yes my husband supports me, he encourages me to do yoga everyday although at times he makes weird comments...
  • renubhat_82
    Options

• holli3586
    Options
    Yummy i love Chili's !!