LEAN BY LABOR DAY - NEW CHALLENGE - *size limited* (starts w

Options

Replies

• AmyByExample
    AmyByExample Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    **PLEASE NOTE - THIS CHALLENGE IS FULL AND UNABLE TO ACCEPT ADDITIONAL MEMBERS - WE WISH YOU THE BEST OF LUCK ON YOUR WEIGHT LOSS JOURNEY & HOPE TO "CHALLENGE" WITH YOU IN THE FUTURE :)

Lean Ones....

QUESTION FOR WEDNESDAY: WHAT TYPES OF EXERCISE DO YOU DO? FAVORITE DVD'S, CLASSES, ACTIVITIES... WE MAY GET IDEAS OF NEW THINGS TO TRY OUT.
  • 14karatgold
    Options
    HI everyone,
    Is it to late to start this with you guys?
  • grover0ca
    grover0ca Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Sorry for the late post - it is usually my day home with kids, but I've been swamped at work so I had to go in. I did manage a 30 minute brisk walk at lunch, then while my oldest was at soccer practice I sent youngest to Grandma & Grandpa (middle guy was with Daddy at baseball) - so I had the whole hour to myself & despite the grotesque heat, power-walked my way around the 4 soccer fields at the school where he had practice.

So, my points for today:
    Logging food - 1
    Sleep - 1
    Exercise - 4.5
    Water - 1 (definately getting in more than usual!)
    So, 7.5 - big improvement from yesterday! Thanks to all of you & seeing how everyone is doing such a good job of getting workouts in.

As I read everyone's intro's, I am amazed at how much people have in common! I'll read something & it will instantly remind me of someone else's intro who described going through something similar :)

I am working my way through "friending" everyone. the website will only let you friend 5 people/10 minutes, so that slows things a bit.

QUESTION FOR WEDNESDAY: WHAT TYPES OF EXERCISE DO YOU DO? FAVORITE DVD'S, CLASSES, ACTIVITIES... WE MAY GET IDEAS OF NEW THINGS TO TRY OUT.

Hope you all have a fabulous day (or night's sleep if anyone else on the east coast is up)

It is sooo hot here as well. It was 28 degree's inside our dojang at taekwondo last night...ickkky!
  • nh2576
    nh2576 Posts: 69
    Options
    Tuesday Points = 4.

My normal exercises include walking, jogging, Leslie Sansone and/or Jillian Michaels DVD's. I also like the Wii, but do to its location, I usually don't use it...but i did just order Zumba for the Wii - that will probably prompt me to relocate the Wii down to my workout area, lol! My hubby and my kids will both like that. He won't have to kick controllers out of the way anymore and they won't have to quit playing when he wants to watch tv! It will be a win/win/win situation!!

Question: If you get 6.5 hours of sleep at night and take a 30 minute power nap, does it count as 7?
  • RubyRed1999
    RubyRed1999 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Monday = 4 points
    Tuesday = 4 points
    Exercise I like to do : I like to go walking with my family, Zumba when I can, I'm doing 30DS right now and I like it pretty good, and I am slowly working on the C25K program. I'm not following the 3 workout for each week that is set out in the program. I am working on week one now and will do it till I'm comfortable then move to week 2. I got all the way to week 4 a few weeks ago but got stuck just couldn't complete 3 workouts in a week. I would get day one fine but day 2 I couldn't make it.
  • Kell888
    Kell888 Posts: 51
    Options
    When I started getting serious about losing weight I joined the gym. I don't like exercising outside because of the heat. I worked up my strength to finally be able to stay ons the elliptical for longer then five minutes. I am now up to an hour and recently started increasing the resistance, I soon hope to be up to more then an hour. The next goal I have is to start lifting the weights. On another note the fall is going to be hectic for me because I will be taking on a second job so I was looking for something to do at home so I'm happy for all the wii and DVD selections. The first time I lost weight I used the wii, so any new " game" suggestions are great.
  • grover0ca
    grover0ca Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Exercise I like to do..definately Taekwondo, it is alot of fun, always learning something new, working on technique. It doesn't even feel like exercise to me I am just so busy enjoying myself! I have always wanted to be a runner as well..shin splints caused me problems for ever but I have finally been able to start going once in a while & I can't believe how much I really enjoy it!

Tuesday's Points
    Exercise-2
    Sleep-1
    Food-1
    Water-1
    Total=5

Grand Total= 12

Have a great day everyone :flowerforyou:
  • rpearce519
    rpearce519 Posts: 72
    Options
    Tuesday's points:

Exercise - 2
    Sleep - 1
    Food - 1
    Water - 1
    Total=5

Exercise I like to do....Walking/Running, bicycling, and honestly, I like to tear out the exercises out of Self or Shape magazines and do those at home, sometimes with weights, sometimes just my own weight:) I haven't tried much else, but am thinking about getting the wii fit thing and check that out!
  • PhiliciousCurves
    PhiliciousCurves Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I do anything as long as it keeps me moving! :wink: However, I enjoy intervals of walking and jogging. I also have an elliptical machine at home that I use often. I workout on it while watching episodes of Law & Order and before you know it, the episode has ended and an hour has passed!

As for favorite DVDs, I don't have a large selection, so I don't have a big favorite; however, I do enjoy "Kettlebell 3-in-1 with Amy Bento." It's quick and easy, but it does give a solid workout. Nonetheless, if I had to choose a favorite, I would have to say working out with the Xbox Kinect! Now that's fun! I use Dance Central (I think I've picked up a couple of good moves), and Your Shape: Fitness Evolved, which has kick-boxing, ! I plan on purchasing The Biggest Loser Ultimate Workout also so I can start using it!
  • Pam3
    Pam3 Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    TUESDAY POINTS

log 1
    water 1
    sleep 1
    exercise 3

total 6

favorite exercise by far is to spin....love love it

have a great wednesday....
  • meli_medina
    meli_medina Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    I am so draggin' this morning! I think this heat is really getting to me... I even stayed in bed for an extra half hour (much to my boys' dismay) to try to store up more energy. I'm not sure if it worked, though.

As far as exercise, I love to run. I will run, run, run, run, run, run. So much so, that I've had to add other cardio in just to give my body something different to do. I don't even know if I burn anymore calories through running than I do through living because I've run so much. Before my surgery, I was training for a 1/2M and I've run numerous 5Ks and even one 10K. So, I do Dance Dance Revolution a couple of days a week for 30-45 minutes. It really gets your heart going!

Right now, I've kind of put all of what I normally do on a back burner to do JM's 30 Day Shred, though. I really want to be toned up so when the fat does shed, I don't look skinny fat. I want firm arms, not flappy ones (like I have now) and I've seen so many amazing before and after pictures on here that it inspired me to give it a try. I've only finished day 4, but I already notice a difference in my endurance and strength. I couldn't complete the whole workout without taking multiple breaks before, and yesterday I got through it with only one break! Plus I could only do 1 real plank push up and now I'm up to 4. All the rest are the girly style, on my knees.

And upping my water seems to have helped... I'm back down to Monday's weight, which was +1 pound. So, today is going to be another water flush day to see if I can get that last pound out of me. lol.
  • HokieDor
    HokieDor Posts: 6
    Options
    So, I'm a little late with my points. Here they are for Monday and Tuesday:

Monday:
    Hours Slept: 1 (8 hours)
    Cups of Water: 1 (8 cups)
    Cardio: 1.5 (34 minutes)
    Food Logged: 1
    Monday Points: 4.5

Tuesday:
    Hours Slept: 1 (7 hours)
    Cups of Water: .5 (6 cups)
    Cardio: .5 (10 minutes)
    Food Logged: 1
    Tuesday Points: 3

I had a really tough time on Tuesday to be motivated to exercise. I was feeling a little icky, and it was HOT outside. Today, I am going to make up for that! Instead, since I wasn't able to exercise, I REALLY watched what I ate. Guess what? I stayed UNDER my necessary calories for the day (1200), which was a HUGE accomplishment for me.

As for working out, we have a new puppy, so I have been taking walks with her. That doesn't always get my HR up as I like, though. At the gym, I love to do Chair Pilates and the elliptical. At home, I really enjoy my Wii Fit or my Zumba Fitness.

Are we going to continue this thread for the week, and then start a new thread for the next week? I'm just curious at how this works and when I should look on the board for a new thread. Thanks everyone for the motivation!
  • 2girls4boys
    2girls4boys Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Tuesdays Points:
    Water - 1
    Food - 1
    Exercise - 2
    Sleep - 0
    Total - 4
    Weekly Total - 8

Right now I am on week 8 of the c25k. I am really liking it. I may do my 1st 5k this weekend. I love doing videos at home. I am about to do a Billy Blanks dvd in a few minutes. I have started 30DS so many times I can't even count. It always seems something comes up and I can't finish it. I am going on vacation Saturday, but when I get back I will start it again.
  • Alacey88
    Alacey88 Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    I will join if spots are available.
  • PhiliciousCurves
    PhiliciousCurves Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Hello Team Lean!

This website was suggested to me for those that have a desk job and may not have much time to workout during their workday! I tried a couple (Pump & Run and We're Not Worthy). A co-worker did stop at my desk and asked what I was doing, and I politely responded by saying "I'm working out, you should try it!" :smile:

If you would like to try a few, here's the link:
    http://fitness.wikia.com/wiki/Ten_Exercises_You_Can_Do_At_Your_Desk

Later Team!
  • babydbones
    babydbones Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Tuesday's Points

sleep-1
    water-1
    exercise- 4
    diary-1
    Total-7
    Total for week-13

My favorite excerise right now is swimming. i am not the best swimmer, but it's all a new learning process! i also do circuit traing and the elliptical. i like spin class too.
  • indigoangel86
    Options
    Wednesday's Question: I walk...mainly power walking and hill climbing as I live in a very hilly place! Lol. Also many of the walking trails here have stairs so I guess you can say I stair climb as well. I also do stretches and exercises at home when watching tv. I will be adding yoga after I've lost some more weight...I used to do yoga every day and I miss it!
  • sheBB
    sheBB Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    HAPPY WEDNESDAY EVERYONE!

"WHAT TYPES OF EXERCISE DO YOU DO? FAVORITE DVD'S, CLASSES, ACTIVITIES...."

I have zumba dvd's which I enjoy doing, I also took out a gym membership, since I had to pay for it, I knew I would use it. When I'm on the treadmill at the gym, I walk at 4.5 for about 5 minutes then down to 3.5 & back up again for 30 to 40 minutes. I started Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred yesterday for something different. I also like to do Turbo Jam & slim and 6(although I find it a bit boring sometimes (but it really works). I need a variety of things so I won't get bored. Now that I've lost a few pounds, I am going to try some classes at the gym.

Hope everyone is having a great day.
  • becca0211
    becca0211 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Tuesday's Points

Sleep-0
    Exercise -6
    Water-1
    Food-1

Total - 8

Weekly Total: 11

Going to try to get in bed by 11 tonight. I am a night owl, so this is tough, but I know it will help!

Hope everyone is drinking lots of water today and staying cool, it is hard to believe the end of this week will be even hotter! :glasses:
  • littlemount
    littlemount Posts: 223
    Options
    Well better with water yesterday.Pts for 7/19 wed
    sleep-1
    water-1
    exercise- 2 pts
    diet-0
    Total- 4 pts

Amy thanks for encouraging the group,My problem with not able to lose weight is mostly snacking issue. I love flavoured yogurts and lays chips.
    Now yesterday ate the chips and since being salt sensitive my blood pressure seems to have gone up,so the full day I was not feeling well.
    will definetely start tracking the food more accurately.