The diet sabatogers

Options

Replies

• leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    I've yoyo'd over the last 20+ years and this time I'm losing weight for me. Not an event, occasion or person.

Just losing weight because I want to. This small change had made me give zero cares what anyone else does, says or eats. I can't explain it. On other "diets" I cared. This time not one bit.

I'd simply say thanks but no thanks. If they persists I would very nicely tell them you appreciate it but if you make me take it I'm going to give it or throw it away.

If its chocolate I would make room for it:).

• DebSozo
    DebSozo Posts: 2,578 Member
    Options
    I do find, "No thanks-- I'm not hungry," works really well. Most people shrug and forget about it. When they KNOW you want it then they will tempt you because they can tell that you won't stick to your plan. My hubby tempted me for a while at first but did give up when he realized I am serious. Most people think diets are fleeting and forget you are even on one.
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    DebSozo wrote: »
    JaydedMiss wrote: »
    yeah no shes been truely trying to sabotage me since i started XD she also rubs butter on my food when i go to pee when we go to restaurants i had to stop drinking water before we go out just to stop her lol

Iv told her to stop and she hasnt xD

Wow. Seriously? Boundary issues. When you get mad at her, she doesn't stop?

nah when i call her out on it she says shes helping me lose weight by giving me the fat and proteins i need....as if i need butter in my salad and melted in my coffee to lose weight xD ...shes had that arguement with me multiple times thinking her huge buttered fatty deep fried meal loses more weight thn my side salad and black coffee XD Shes not stupid so one has to assume shes sabotaging on purpose lol. Seeing as whenever SHE brings my weight loss up (since i stopped ages ago) she gets mad and grumpy

Screw her i lost healthy i look and feel fabulous shes just jealous XD
  • laceyslabaugh
    laceyslabaugh Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I agree. I just say "No thank you" and it works. I've never felt pressured into eating anything they buy or bake. Most people I work with just responds with "Good, more for me" and I just smile.
  • DebSozo
    Options
    Jo, I'd make room for chocolate also.
    :p
  • JaydedMiss
    Options
    Honestly i had no idea until my grampa called and told on her. Was atleast a few weeks in of her doing it... Just thought wendys coffee tasted weird XD

I think shed mad that no matter where she took me (places super non dietary) id find a way to keep my senses and just order black coffee while she had zero self restraint. Still not sure why it pisses her off so much youd think itd motivate her or atleast make her happy im getting healthy, Her reaction is truely confusing to me though

Whenever she (very angrily) mentions anything dietary like shes right (do you remember diet coke sticking to her insides forever kriss?) She hears no other side and will argue until the end of time so iv just begun very bluntly ignoring her if she tries and texting on my phone until she shuts up xD

If i didnt need her to drive me to see my grampa weekly i wouldnt put up with her at all.
  • DebSozo
    Options
    I agree. I just say "No thank you" and it works. I've never felt pressured into eating anything they buy or bake. Most people I work with just responds with "Good, more for me" and I just smile.

Good points. A lot of people just want permission to eat in front of you without feeling guilty. If they offer and you say, "no" they've done due diligence. Lol.
    I feel a bit conflicted when people give homemade food or a gift food. I don't want to seem unappreciative.
  • DebSozo
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Jayded, I would pour out the coffee in the restroom or tell her to take it to her home if she complains. Then she can reheat it for herself in microwave the next day. Or just drink a little bit. That is frustrating!

You might want to buy your black coffee for yourself or monitor her while she is ordering before restroom. Lol
  • JaydedMiss
    Options
    yeah we work our booties off and did our research youd think people would listen when they ask what we do and we tell them, Vs the infamous eyes glazing over and topic changes.

Guess some people dont want it half as bad as they claim.

I do find it funny when she slaps "bad food" out of my hands when we shop, after she had just finished putting butter in my coffee....
  • JenHuedy
    JenHuedy Posts: 611 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    My co worker probably only seen me once in a while and if she did see me eating it was probably something she put on her "bad foods" list

If someone says something like "oh you probably don't eat stuff like this..." I will take some every time just because I'm contrary that way. :D
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    I think some people are unintentionally sabotagers. They want you to enjoy and partake, and generally mean well but just have no real clue. Prove them wrong, silently, and do what you know works.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    Take control over your own food intake. No foods are "fattening" or "unhealthy", diets are more or less healthy, and you gain weight by consistently eating more than you burn. Understanding these simple things made me immune to "sabotage".

THIS.

Excess calories are fattening. A piece of candy won't cause anyone to immediately pack on weight.

No need to place blame on others.
  • JaydedMiss
    Options
    JaydedMiss wrote: »
    yeah we work our booties off and did our research youd think people would listen when they ask what we do and we tell them, Vs the infamous eyes glazing over and topic changes.

Guess some people dont want it half as bad as they claim.

I do find it funny when she slaps "bad food" out of my hands when we shop, after she had just finished putting butter in my coffee....

LOL..
    I always enjoy the whole bad food mentality... like.. i will eat a cookie or whatever and ill hear all the hens clucking at work going "I cant believe she lost all that weight and still eats cookies"
    ... well duh... Cookie is only 150 Calories
    It's not like im spooning 4000 calories worth of pure lard into my mouth and then bathing in the remainder like some crazy fat gaining ritual..

Those same hens tell me they can't lose weight cause they work nights and eating at night makes you fat...
    ...Right... okay... cause i forgot the moons gravitational pull with the earth is total fat storage mode
    When the moon is out, the body stores fat.. does a fuller moon mean more fat gain? i should ask them

Youve quickly become one of my favorite people in the forums :D
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    I work for a small company. 11 employees and that includes the owners. Only 3 of us in the office on a day to day basis. The other 2 have seen me lose the weight, and both have commented after routine doctor visits about how they need to lose weight. They know I walk every day. They know I use the food scale. I don't offer any info/advice unless asked, as a general rule, and they don't ask. One does get out and walk sometimes at lunch. I am constantly in the kitchen. They probably get the impression that I eat all day. (Well, sort of true.)

I can imagine it might perplex them lol. But if they ask, I will point them to MFP and explain the whole CICO theory.