40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,957 Member
    Options
    ...I remember somewhere along the way when I had an aerobics instructor who would play Elvis Presley music, but sped up, lol...those were (NOT!) the days!!

I lifted today and am pretty glad that we are headed away for daughter's hockey tournament this weekend. My weightloss has stalled. I am stiff-and-sore everywhere. I think few days away from the gym, to shake out cobwebs, is not such a bad idea.

Happy Family Day weekend to those who get to celebrate.

BOOM!
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    "Body Beast Build: Back/Bis"=Done!
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Bike trainer ride done today.

Warmer temps will be a treat this weekend. Our long run tomorrow will be a race simulation with aid stations setup by our coach. We'll run about 18 miles by doing laps around an 8.5 mile loop and practice holding race pace for specific distances with occasional 1 mile recovery splits mixed in. Only thirty days until race day....
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    I supervised the indoor walking program last night, so got a nice, easy 90 min walk in.

It is winter carnival weekend here - theme is "Where's Waldo". :)

We are headed into a nice long weekend as well (Family Day). We are headed out of town tomorrow, just for the day, for our granddaughter's bday party. <3

Have a great weekend all!
  • RacerX_14
    RacerX_14 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    46 in years here, but still act and feel 26... most of the time. Cheers!
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday kids. I missed TRX this morning because I could not stop hitting the snooze. I will find something to do. Have a great weekend.
  • larrodarro
    larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday kids. I missed TRX this morning because I could not stop hitting the snooze.

I guess that beats not being able to stop hitting the booze :DB)

Unless of course you were oversleeping because of not being able to. . .. ah, never mind.

• gam3rguy
    Options
    "Body Beast Bulk: Shoulders"=Done!
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Workout delayed by eye doc appointment. Bifocals.

Edit: But the eye doc flirted the whole time, so that balances out the "feeling old" part.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    warm out today. heading out with the pup to hunt Pokémon! :p
  • Deatsy
    Deatsy Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    43 and never felt better. Feel free to add me
  • tojo_73
    tojo_73 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Had a great day skiing with the family yesterday and the back seems all better so....thats good. Rainy here for the rest of the weekend though which stands to reason given my dad is visiting :/ .

• misscagal
    misscagal Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    HIIT class done! Am back on track after Christmas and "big" birthday indulging. I have a race in two weeks but my running buddy and I agreed we will treat it more like a training run as she's been sick on and off since November. Next race after this is early May - will try to finally break the 2 hour barrier! I think it's doable.
  • Persephonestar9
    Persephonestar9 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi. Just turned 40 last year. Hoping to lose approximately 15-20kgs with clean eating and exercise.
    My main goal is really to be leaner, have more muscle tone and be more flexible.
    Good to see something about losing weight and being healthy.
    Some posts are just about losing weight, not being healthy. (Not here though) :)
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    T25 Core Speed=Done!
  • larrodarro
    larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
    Options
    30 pound pack
    6-7 miles
    2.5 hours
    Tired and sore

Nice. I just bought a cheap Walmart pack and some trekking poles this morning. I got a 60L, 2.5 pound pack for 23 bucks. And twist to tighten aluminium poles with cork grips for 24. I'm trying to buy 75% of my gear 2nd hand or from Walmart. Those will qualify.
  • LeoT0917
    LeoT0917 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Davona1825 wrote: »
    41 yr old here..... I have (in the past 3 months ) gone grain free. It's HARD but I have seen amazing results from a medical stand point and a physical one. I have a lot to loose lb wise but I have started a lifting program and work out 5 days a week. I'm down 15 lbs and multiple inches!!

Cudos on the decision to make a change! Way to go on the progress!!!