WHAT IS HAPPENING TO MY BODY!

Options

Replies

• courtneyfabulous
    courtneyfabulous Posts: 1,863 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Did you drink some water or eat between seeing 317 and 320? Is your scale on a flat stable hard surface?
  • courtneyfabulous
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Also you gotta stop obsessing- at your weight 3 pounds isn't going to make a huge difference anyways. Start logging EVERYTHING, stop eating cheat meals, just focus on hitting your calorie and macros goals every day.

Mark your calendar for 2 weeks from now and eat perfectly for those next 2 weeks, then reward yourself with weighing yourself on the marked day and see what the change is.

Maybe get a better scale too- the older ones aren't so great, my new scale always gives me an accurate weight.
  • courtneyfabulous
    Options
    And check back and let us know what you weigh in 2 weeks.
  • comeonnow142857
    comeonnow142857 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Hi you guys,

I eat only 1900 to 2000 cals a day. I also snack a lot during the day.

I'm a bit confused by this juxtaposition... You're counting every single snack accurately within those "1900 to 2000 cals a day", right? Because the way you wrote it sounds like you're considering the snacking a lot additional to those calories.

• CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,750 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Stop messing about with the scale and get down to business. Get your calories in line and settle in for the long haul. A 3lb error on the scale is neither here nor there when you have over 100lb to lose. Time to shift your focus to what matters.
  • refinedredbird
    refinedredbird Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Step away from the scale! Follow your caloric goals and move your body. Stop looking for instant gratification and be patient. Check back with the scale in a month or two.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    @DeterminedbyGod I have a question. You said you eat 1900-2000 calories per day. Then you said, "I also snack a lot during the day." My question is, Do you accurately and truthfully record your lots of snacks in that range of calories which is between 1900 and 2000? I only ask because of that 4-letter word "also".
  • Doctorsookiestrikesback
    Options
    toss the body scale; buy a food scale; up your water intake and take a fiber supplement; log EVERYTHING (even if it's one M&M); and whatever you do DO NOT GIVE UP!!!! Good luck to you!
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    Hi you guys,

I eat only 1900 to 2000 cals a day. I also snack a lot during the day.

I'm a bit confused by this juxtaposition... You're counting every single snack accurately within those "1900 to 2000 cals a day", right? Because the way you wrote it sounds like you're considering the snacking a lot additional to those calories.

I took it to mean she snacks rather than eats meals within those calories. Some still think snacking is worse for weight loss.
  • locoloon
    locoloon Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    for 2 weeks don't snack between meals. (unless you have a blood sugar issue that might require it) at some point in your weight loss journey you will have to cut them out anyway, if that works then continue with just the standard 3 meals a day till you get to your goal. it will make it a lot easier to log everything.
  • DeterminedbyGod
    DeterminedbyGod Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Hey you all,

MY period has started today. Probable the reason for the weight fluctuations. I should've known this due to all the other PMS symptoms I was having.
  • comeonnow142857
    Options
    @DeterminedbyGod I have a question. You said you eat 1900-2000 calories per day. Then you said, "I also snack a lot during the day." My question is, Do you accurately and truthfully record your lots of snacks in that range of calories which is between 1900 and 2000? I only ask because of that 4-letter word "also".

^^^
  • CafeRacer808
    CafeRacer808 Posts: 2,396 Member
    Options
    Hey you all,

MY period has started today. Probable the reason for the weight fluctuations. I should've known this due to all the other PMS symptoms I was having.

Good. You're starting to realize that things other than food can affect our weight. But you should still weigh yourself less frequently. Once per day is the most that's necessary, but since you seem a bit obsessive about the numbers on the scale, weighing once every couple of days (or even once per week) will likely be more appropriate for you.
  • DeterminedbyGod
    Options
    Thanks for the input. I have been without a period for a whole entire month! I blame it on not exercising and weight gain. This is the second time it has went on a hiatus. The first time it went missing was 3 years ago. It was gone for four months because of weight gain and once I lost all of the weight my period started again.
  • comeonnow142857
    Options
    Well.. thats good.
    However it would be nice if you could at least acknowledge or take in the amount of amazing advice being given to you instead of just popping in randomly and not responding to almost any of it.

I don't think she's reading it.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Well.. thats good.
    However it would be nice if you could at least acknowledge or take in the amount of amazing advice being given to you instead of just popping in randomly and not responding to almost any of it.

Well.. thats good.

I honestly don't think so either.. lol
    I only repeat myself so many times then i just stop talking, i do that enough at work with the elderly, but they are old.. they have an excuse lol

Agreed. I'm unbookmarking this thread now.
  • DeterminedbyGod
    Options
    Hi you all I am reading your posts and will be taken the advice not to weigh myself constantly