Beautiful Behaviors - February 2017

Options

Replies

• jessiquoi
    jessiquoi Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    lea, fermented food is very good for you. i have some handouts about them that i got from the classes i took, but i can't put my hands on anything because it's all still in boxes. google "microbiome". fermented foods increase the health of this, which was described to me as our largest organ.
  • theamazingcassiebunny
    Options
    Lea, I am hanging in there. It will get better if I keep trying.

Jessi, a hobby sounds like a great idea!
  • jessiquoi
    Options
    Good morning, all!

I'm having a tough day today. It's the first time John is away for the whole day and i'm in the house by myself since we moved in, and i'm feeling anxiety. I don't know why, but I do suffer from anxiety. I'm working through it by making a list of things i could do and checking them off. 10 hrs to go before he returns. :neutral:

How is everybody today? What's on your Saturday agenda?

later,
    jess
  • aleahurst
    aleahurst Posts: 325 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I'm just going to put in 5000 calories on the world's largest burrito and go to bed. Mom and son took me out to dinner. I got home and the cats looked at me with accusing eyes. So, I told them that I was out getting the human equivalent of tuna. They lined up at their bowls. I guess if I go off diet, they want to as well!

This makes up for three days of lack of appetite this week!

I will be back on the program tomorrow!

Love you all.

Lea
  • aleahurst
    Options
    Jess - How are you doing today? I've kept you in prayer.
  • jessiquoi
    Options
    thank you, Lea! i'm doing ok. i didn't track my food yesterday and today, but i'll get back on program tomorrow. i got through the hard part and survived. <3
  • woznube7
    woznube7 Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon! Happy Sunday!

It is SO sunny in Michigan with spring-like temps. I am loving it. My sister (best friend) and I went for a 4.5 mile walk. I told her it was nice to be out of hibernation. he he Go big or go home. I haven't walked since I did the 5k, so it felt really good to move. Definitely am ready to get back into this getting healthy routine!
  • happysherri
    happysherri Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    I was at the hospital all Saturday. My dad has many issues and he was having trouble breathing, not to worry he has bronchitis and he was released the same day. I still was able to go to volleyball that night - I was so tired.

-So, even though I was at the hospital all day Saturday I managed to eat healthy and stay within calorie budget all weekend. However, I did take yesterday as a rest day because my shoulder was sore from volleyball because we only played with 4 people (we still won 2 games).
    -Today I am on track with my food and will be going to the gym tonight. I may have to lift a little lighter on the weights because of my shoulder.

Hope you all are having a great Monday.
  • jessiquoi
    Options
    Sherri, best wishes for your dad's speedy recovery!

Libby, that's a great walk! good for you!

Good morning, all! I had an ok weekend food-wise. I want to start doing better on the weekends, because right now it's like I'm on maintenance... I work hard all week, and then negate my efforts in a couple of days. I got on the scale this morning and no movement. I'm glad I didn't go up, but I'm SO ready for it to go down!

I don't know about where you live, but here in MD, the weather is CRAZY! It's so warm, I didn't wear a coat this morning. And it's supposed to go up to the 70s this week! Every time I get happily excited about the warmth, John goes into his "global warming" speech about how awful it is. Well, the biggest part of me knows he's right, but the rest of me is gleeful for the rise in temps. We even have crocuses coming up in the front yard already!

Today I'm going to try something new at work. I'm going to try to get up every hour and walk around the floor to add some steps in. I usually get about 3500 - 4000 steps in on my work days, and I really want to increase that to try to make up for the days when I'm home and lucky to get 2500. Tomorrow, when I'm home, I'm going to go out for a walk and take advantage of the weather. That's my plan for the next two days... watch my food intake and up my activity.

What are your plans for the week to support the gorgeous habits we're trying to build?

later,
    jess
  • KimF0715
    KimF0715 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Trying to get back on track and get it together. Really discouraged and annoyed at myself. Ugghhhhhhh
  • jessiquoi
    Options
    Kim, one thing I learned is that when I allow myself to get too annoyed at myself, I tend to punish myself by acting badly to myself by, you guessed it, eating. Instead of being down on yourself, try picking one beautiful behavior to focus on today and set yourself up for success. Little successes breed larger ones. Be positive!!! You got this!!!
  • happysherri
    Options
    Kim - you are here and you are wanting to make change so that is a great start. we all have set backs but you can do it.
    Jessi - wonderful idea on the walking. I too tend to eat when I get mad at myself, trying to break that habit :neutral:

Update - did not make it to the gym, I fell asleep. I felt wiped out, my ears are clogged and my neck was sore, so I actually listened to my body instead of being stubborn. I iced my neck (it helped) and got some sleep. I was under my calories and feel way better today. WIN - I also wanted the Thin Mint cookies in my freezer but walked away and drank some water instead!

OH, OH, OH ...and it's my baby girl's birthday, she is 20 years old today! Love her
  • fruitydelicious
    fruitydelicious Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    sherri- awesome pic!!!!
  • aleahurst
    Options
    Today was not a good one, until tonight. I was tired, no actually I was *weary* all day. I got energy at night. I wish my mind and body would behave themselves. The good part is that when I am weary, I don't eat. But I drink coffee. So, I am switching to decaf. :s yuck. Maybe I'll switch to chicory. or green tea. Decaf just isn't real coffee.

Sherri, best wishes for your dad. Breathing problems are scary. Are you in need of encouragement? Be encouraged. You are keeping up with the gym and with what life is throwing at you, and you are doing it well!

Jess, yeah I think about global warming, too. but wow I love seeing the flowers! Anyway, you're doing so well at self discovery!

Libby, wow. Job, attitude, stick-to-it-ness! You got it all!

Okay, tomorrow's goals:
    1. Self care - got to get back on track - Start the day with breathing exercises and visualizing health
    2. Spiritual - Spend some of my down time in prayer
    3. Exercise - clean brush from back yard
    4. Drink lots of water

Love to all - Especially you @KimF0715 - discouragement is just something we go through, realize it, and let it pass.

Lea
  • jessiquoi
    Options
    Good morning, all. Yesterday ended on a high note for me. John and I took a walk after dinner, and I was able to go all the way to the stop sign at the top of the road and back! That's a new distance for me, and it's so small, if you saw it, you'd know how much trouble I have moving. But the great news is that the after dinner walk made my blood sugars stay in a normal range all night! I'm going to make this walk a regular thing, and hopefully begin to increase my endurance and distance slowly but surely.

I went a little above my calories, but not enough to concern myself with (less than 200). Yesterday was such a good day that I am actually excited about being on program today to build on that success. Keeping my blood sugars in a normal range (I'm a Type 1 diabetic) has always been a challenge for me. This morning I keep looking at my CGM (continuous glucose monitor, a little device that tells me my blood sugar without having to prick myself) just to gloat. It makes me smile.

My baby step goals for today:
    1. stay within my calorie goals
    2. walk to the stop sign again after dinner
    3. keep my blood sugar as close to normal as possible all day
    4. walk up the stairs every hour

Time to go upstairs for my first break of the morning!
    later,
    jess
  • happysherri
    edited February 2017
    Options
    @fruitydelicious - thanks! how are you doing? hope the day is treating you well.
    @aleahurst - I always need motivation. I agree, I like my coffee with full caffeine! Way to keep that positive attitude.
    @jessiquoi - WIN! - Walked to that stop sign!!! When I took up jogging that's how I started I would pick a tree and jog to it and then walk and then the next week I would try the next tree down and so on. I don't jog much anymore because it is not good for my jump in volleyball (replaced it with jump training). I love that you list your goals, I need to physically write down mine each week - great idea.

Update - I've decided to take some time off from training. This will be my 4th day away from the gym and won't be working out until Friday. I did this last year, I would take a week off about every other month or so, it helped. I am still eating healthy and at a deficit with 1 splurge meal a week. I fluctuated down a pound this morning, I realize it will fluctuate back up after my splurge meal (sodium).

because of Jessi :wink: My Goals right now
    1 Drink my water (atleast 130 ounces)
    2 Eat healthy and under my calories
    3 Rest
    4 Enjoy my food (never feel guilty)
    5 Eat veggies everyday
  • aleahurst
    Options
    Love that goal "enjoy my food"! Hey, if you chose to eat it, then enjoy it!
    Yay Jess! You are rising above!

I haven't seen @gatamadriz . Are you there? How is it going?

• aleahurst
    Options
    wow. I did okay with the goals!!!
  • jessiquoi
    Options
    hi, all! i took today off to enjoy the beautiful weather. i've got the windows open now while i'm doing my chores, and walking up and down the steps a lot! trying to make up for the steps i would be taking if i were in the office, where i should be. :)

i had a huge breakfast, and a small lunch, and now i'm hungry way before dinner. we didn't go food shopping yet and snacks are not to be found, so i think i'll make a veggie burger to fill me up.

how is everyone today?
  • aleahurst
    Options
    Thank you jess! I really really really need to hear what others are doing. Even the boring and mundane! Really.

Will everyone who reads this please respond with a short sentence about what you are doing.

I need an extra dose of strength and energy today. While this may sound silly, it really has a purpose! Will everyone who reads this please respond with a short sentence about what you are doing. I'm trying to gear up and convince my mind and body to just be a normal active adult. Sometimes, when I can't seem to motivate myself, I am at least able to imitate others.

Thank you! Love going out to you all.

Lea