Replies

• LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    zfitgal wrote: »
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Soy sauce is NOTORIOUS for water retention. Cut back on it and see what happens. Also with only less than 10lbs to lose, your goal should be only .25lbs a week or so.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

I have ace too and afaa :)

I know but I can't even lose that, I have been fluctuating between 3 pounds for 19 months :/

Make your diary public if you've started tracking & logging.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,391 MFP Moderator
    edited February 2017
    Options
    psuLemon wrote: »
    Whats your overall program? Its more than bivep curls.

push pull, chest nd back, shoulders, bicep nd triceps and then legs

Can you provide more details on that? Days, move/sets/reps/weight,etc..
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options

Do you squat, deadlift, bench press, etc????
  • zfitgal
    zfitgal Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »

yes to all the above...back I do 6 sets, chest 4, biceps AND triceps I do 6 sets but I super set heavy to light...shoulders 10 with super setting

my body look great, very toned and fit. but I just want to be leaner
  • ndj1979
    Options

yes to all the above...back I do 6 sets, chest 4, biceps AND triceps I do 6 sets but I super set heavy to light...shoulders 10 with super setting

if you are "very toned and fit" why are you trying to lose another ten pounds? Maybe you should focus on recomping...
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options

if you are "very toned and fit" why are you trying to lose another ten pounds? Maybe you should focus on recomping...

I suggested that too.
  • zfitgal
    zfitgal Posts: 478 Member
    Options

what do you mean recomping
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options

what do you mean recomping

I said to eat in maintenance and lift weights to build muscle and lose fat/get leaner. its a slow process. thats when you said that 1100-1400 was not your maintenance. not being rude here but you should know what a recomp is.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,136 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Someone sent this to me..TDEE for Sedentary is around1600 and for lightly active is 1850 that's not taking into account exercise so personally if I was you I would aim for 1400-1500 per day and log your exercise, eat half the cals back and see where you are in a month. It might seem like slow progress but you're already at the top end of the "Normal" BMI range for your height so you probably don't have too much to lose.

For those on this post this is the other thread OP is referring to.. http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/comment/38918808#Comment_38918808

I feel like the last 2 pages are a re-run of yesterday pretty much doh!
  • brandonation_81
    brandonation_81 Posts: 373 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    What's helped me and I've only been doing it for 4 weeks is Medhi's Stronglifts 5x5 program. My core has tightened up and I may not necessarily be losing weight, but I have noticed the fat burning to muscle conversions. It's a 3 day a week program of squats and other full body compounds. and on my active rest days, I do all core and abs. Minimal cardio. I may run 40-50 minutes a week.
  • ndj1979
    Options
    TR0berts wrote: »
    I'm having a really hard time believing this is (all) true/real.

starting to believe that too...
  • AbelMendoza
    AbelMendoza Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Women: BMR = 655 + (4.35 x weight in pounds) + (4.7 x height in inches) - (4.7 x age in years)

Men: BMR = 66 + (6.23 x weight in pounds) + (12.7 x height in inches) - (6.8 x age in years)

-If you are sedentary (little or no exercise) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.2
    -If you are lightly active (light exercise/sports 1-3 days/week) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.375
    -If you are moderatetely active (moderate exercise/sports 3-5 days/week) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.55
    -If you are very active (hard exercise/sports 6-7 days a week) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.725
    -If you are extra active (very hard exercise/sports & physical job or 2x training) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.9

Use that formula to determin the amount of calories that you shoukd be eating a day, don't rely on MFP to do that for you. Hopefully that helps. This will be your maintenance level btw, so once you get that number, subtract 300-500 to get in your defecit and go from there based on your week to week progress.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Women: BMR = 655 + (4.35 x weight in pounds) + (4.7 x height in inches) - (4.7 x age in years)

Men: BMR = 66 + (6.23 x weight in pounds) + (12.7 x height in inches) - (6.8 x age in years)

-If you are sedentary (little or no exercise) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.2
    -If you are lightly active (light exercise/sports 1-3 days/week) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.375
    -If you are moderatetely active (moderate exercise/sports 3-5 days/week) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.55
    -If you are very active (hard exercise/sports 6-7 days a week) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.725
    -If you are extra active (very hard exercise/sports & physical job or 2x training) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.9

Use that formula to determin the amount of calories that you shoukd be eating a day, don't rely on MFP to do that for you. Hopefully that helps. This will be your maintenance level btw, so once you get that number, subtract 300-500 to get in your defecit and go from there based on your week to week progress.

that will be for most of the population but for those with metabolic issues the formulas may or may not work,also for me that would mean I could eat 2000 calories a day. not true. I gain weight eating that much. I have a metabolic disorder too so.I tried to do the TDEE method and saw no results,I saw more results using MFP,. I know its all about CICO but for me MFP gave me results
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    dannyjoe54 wrote: »
    eating clean ie or smart simply means avoiding any and all products that are high in fat, sodium or refined sugar. I should have corrected my statement earlier, instead of no salt, no sugar, it should have read low salt, low sugar. my apologies.

which is totally unnecessary for any weight loss goal. ...

you've got to be kidding. you want to be healthy don't you?

Cutting out salt is not healthy... it disturbs your body's natural electrolyte balance.

According to a dietitian I've known for a while, sugar is not unhealthy if moderated.
  • dannyjoe54
    dannyjoe54 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    eating clean ie or smart simply means avoiding any and all products that are high in fat, sodium or refined sugar. I should have corrected my statement earlier, instead of no salt, no sugar, it should have read low salt, low sugar. my apologies.

which is totally unnecessary for any weight loss goal. ...

you've got to be kidding. you want to be healthy don't you?

Cutting out salt is not healthy... it disturbs your body's natural electrolyte balance.

According to a dietitian I've known for a while, sugar is not unhealthy if moderated.

Yes, thanks for pointing that out once again. I guess the fact that i corrected myself in the very next post continues to go unnoticed or unread. So why not continue to beat a dead horse. The basis of my statement is one does not want to ADD extra sodium or sugar to their diet when weight loss is the goal. There is more than enough sodium and sugar in the food we eat already.
  • Savyna
    Savyna Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    Maxematics wrote: »
    Good Morning! just weighed my vita top in grams I had to cut a piece off from it because serving size said 57 grams and it weighed in at 67

No need to cut bits off, that's a waste, just log the correct weight.

Agreed. If you can't find the gram weight for an entry, then you can still log it btw. For example, that 67g muffin that has a serving size of 57g. Just do 67/57 in a calculator and you'll get 1.17543..etc. I usually just round to the nearest hundredth and log it as that amount, so 1.18 servings.

Thanks a lot. It never dawned on me to do this mathematically and was always frustrated when I couldn't find the gram versions in the database.