WHAT IS HAPPENING TO MY BODY!

Options
1235»

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Hi you all I cut out snacking. I only snack on veggies and apples but in moderation

doesnt matter if the snacks are healthy or not,. do you count them in your calories?

Time for a 'flogging a dead horse' gif yet?!
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    Hi you all I cut out snacking. I only snack on veggies and apples but in moderation

doesnt matter if the snacks are healthy or not,. do you count them in your calories?

Time for a 'flogging a dead horse' gif yet?!

I think so,flog away
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    Hi you all,
    I finally pooped yesterday by doing the saltwater flush. I went from 320 to 317. Then I went back on the scale shortly after seeing the 317 and my weight went back up to 320. Not sure what is going on! I had a cheat meal yesterday and after pooping this morning I am at 321. I thought maybe I will see 318 or 319. Not sure what is going on with my body.

Please, please, please do not do that saltwater flush ever again. It really screws around with the body's natural electrolyte balance so it's quite dangerous.

You ingested a ton of salt... that is why you went back up on the scale.

If you need to poop, drink enough water so that your urine is straw coloured, eat 25g of finer (if you're not close, slowly build up to 25g), eat at least 30g of fat per day and place a heat pad on your abdomen. Abdominal massage helps, too.

Pick up some miralax as it encourages water into the colon to help with constipation. Long warm Epsom salt baths help as well. Walking, too.

No more nasty salt flushes!
  • cheryldumais
    cheryldumais Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    Hope things are moving normally again. Just wanted to add my 2 cents worth. When you do a liquid diet alot of the waste in your system gets moved out and you lose water. When you start eating again it takes a day or two for your bowels to fill up and start moving. Couple that with your PMS and voila you have a weight gain. Having said that though the fact that you get a weight that varies within seconds by 3 pounds makes me suspect your scale isn't accurate or if it may need new batteries. I have also noticed at times mine gets a little piece of fluff or something under one foot and that throws it off. Make sure to clean off the feet if none of the other ideas helps. Hang in there kiddo you can do it. You need to be patient tho. It is tempting to weigh constantly but it will only frustrate you.
  • CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,750 Member
    Options
    I am appalled by the salt water flush. If you mess with this or use a bad recipe it could be seriously dangerous! I second @cerise_noir - Do Not Do This. Drinking salt water is not recommended.

If you want to tackle constipation, just drink normal water! Seriously, salt does nothing beneficial here, but increasing hydration can solve constipation almost immediately - I've seen it happen in children, I've done it myself, it works. Not in every case, but often.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    Probably time to let this thread float out to sea and then sink..

Not sure how much sinking will be done with all that sodium....
  • DeterminedbyGod
    DeterminedbyGod Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Hi you all,
    I finally pooped yesterday by doing the saltwater flush. I went from 320 to 317. Then I went back on the scale shortly after seeing the 317 and my weight went back up to 320. Not sure what is going on! I had a cheat meal yesterday and after pooping this morning I am at 321. I thought maybe I will see 318 or 319. Not sure what is going on with my body.

Please, please, please do not do that saltwater flush ever again. It really screws around with the body's natural electrolyte balance so it's quite dangerous.

You ingested a ton of salt... that is why you went back up on the scale.

If you need to poop, drink enough water so that your urine is straw coloured, eat 25g of finer (if you're not close, slowly build up to 25g), eat at least 30g of fat per day and place a heat pad on your abdomen. Abdominal massage helps, too.

Pick up some miralax as it encourages water into the colon to help with constipation. Long warm Epsom salt baths help as well. Walking, too.

No more nasty salt flushes!

wow! I did not know this! I will do more research! Thanks for the advice
  • DeterminedbyGod
    Options
    Hope things are moving normally again. Just wanted to add my 2 cents worth. When you do a liquid diet alot of the waste in your system gets moved out and you lose water. When you start eating again it takes a day or two for your bowels to fill up and start moving. Couple that with your PMS and voila you have a weight gain. Having said that though the fact that you get a weight that varies within seconds by 3 pounds makes me suspect your scale isn't accurate or if it may need new batteries. I have also noticed at times mine gets a little piece of fluff or something under one foot and that throws it off. Make sure to clean off the feet if none of the other ideas helps. Hang in there kiddo you can do it. You need to be patient tho. It is tempting to weigh constantly but it will only frustrate you.

Thanks for the encouragement!
  • DeterminedbyGod
    Options
    Hi you all,

I log all of my snacks. I always stay into calorie range
  • DeterminedbyGod
    Options
    Sorry for dropping in so late. I am so busy with work
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    seriously. Either open up your diary or we need to let the thread die.