WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2017

Options

Replies

• spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    No gym today have done 15 min HasFit weight training video (need to get next size dumbells) and 50 squats (day 19 of 30 day challenge)

Finished my 3 day egg fast which is HFLC lost 4 lbs and got below 126 lbs for the first time in years. I know I will probably gain a bit back so won't be upset Don't know if I could do HFLC for ever but will try to be better as carbs are my downfall. Now that I'm near to goal I will concentrate more on macros in order to maintain I think that is the hard part for a yoyo dieter like I have been

We have gale force winds and rain thanks to storm Doris but have a lunch appointment so will have to brave the elements

Kate UK
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,703 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies~
    got about 7 1/2 hrs sleep and woke up when Tom left for work... have a load of laundry in the dryer and have a new show I like to watch is treehouses.. they build these wonderful tree houses, it is on animal planet...
    taking Tal to Orthodontist today at 11 and the Chester to the Vet at 3...
    Might be watching Faith for 4-5 hrs on Saterday so my DB can go to a fishing show up in Ma.
    then taking dad to his brother's on sunday.. have to call my uncles girlfriend to see if I can bring something ,maybe make some baked mac and cheese, she is having leg of lamb.. but dad is vegetarian so want something I know he will eat.. or maybe a dessert..
    I really have to get back on the band wagon as I am as big as I was 4-5 yrs ago. have not gone to the gym in awhile... and just have been eating junk...
    I am making a conscious effort to get back on track and making changes in what I eat.. trying to cut out as much sugar as I can..
  • mikesmom1983
    mikesmom1983 Posts: 582 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    spikeyhair wrote: »
    No gym today have done 15 min HasFit weight training video (need to get next size dumbells) and 50 squats (day 19 of 30 day challenge)

Finished my 3 day egg fast which is HFLC lost 4 lbs and got below 126 lbs for the first time in years. I know I will probably gain a bit back so won't be upset Don't know if I could do HFLC for ever but will try to be better as carbs are my downfall. Now that I'm near to goal I will concentrate more on macros in order to maintain I think that is the hard part for a yoyo dieter like I have been

We have gale force winds and rain thanks to storm Doris but have a lunch appointment so will have to brave the elements

Kate UK

What is the HFLC diet? Carbs are my downfall also and I'm close to goal. Those stubborn pounds have been with me for 25 years and don't want to leave.
    Congrats on your fabulous loss and being below 126! You rock it girl!

Everyone have a wonderful day. Weather predicted to be in the 60's and sunny, in February, in New England! Such a gift. I'll send it to those who are having yucky weather.

Chris in MA

Update...just looked up hflc...high fat low carb...that's exactly what I have been doing and it's working for me. Kate did your diet have you eating a lot of eggs for 3 days? I love eggs so that may work for me.
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    CHRIS - High Fat Low Carb I'm no expert have just done it for a few days at a time like when I returned after holiday and this week the 3 day egg fast which I found easy to follow as it's just eggs butter and cheese. I believe it puts you into ketosis where your body burns fat instead of carbs. There are some ladies on this thread who do Keto you could ask Mary

Kate UK
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,212 Member
    Options
    Hi all!
    Quiet day today. Done my exercises. I will do a bit of my memoir today, but I'm having trouble getting started. I think I will use my tablet to help me get going. That was successful last time when I was on the train to London, then I just typed it onto my ×+÷=% laptop. :| My tablet is rarely far from my hands, but my old laptop is a PITA. I bought a new one last autumn, but I abandoned it after opening it up once and haven't looked at it again. It's on my To Do List, but I'm chicken.

Going to make skinnytaste.com 's Unstuffed Cabbage today. Don't like raisins with meat, so I'm going to combine apricots and prunes. Not so sweet. Will make double or triple for freezing.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx

• gotu52
    gotu52 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies,
    Lanette thanks for the info
    Margaret I am not diabetic and was diagnosed with carpal tunnel some years ago. I am curious for any DIY care and I should probably see the doc but I feel stupid going and saying this tiny part of my thumb is numb. Thank you.
    Karen Olivia is nestled in my prayers <3
    Katie Congrats what an accomplishment!
    Marnie your posts are very entertaining with creative layouts, they are like reading a magazine, hope you feel better!
    Pipyour knees look much better
    Becca your meetings sound like fun, love the clothes swap.

Today is my Friday as I am taking a vacation day tomorrow to be with my kids. They go back to University on Saturday. I am working extra hard to make it to my goal for Monday of 207. Wish me luck.

Have a great day everyone. <3 Sarah, Ontario
  • queenegreene
    queenegreene Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    Today I'm wrapping up loose ends at work. I'm off tomorrow for finger surgery (removal of some type of cyst). Will slow down my typing for a bit, but I peck away with just 2 fingers anyway. I'll be down to just 1 tomorrow B)

Sarah, Ontario - I'm loving the adjustable sleep number bed. It was pricey and I was worried I would have nightmares about dollar signs, but so far so good. I've averaged 82 out of 100 points for restful sleep and that was factoring in 2 nights of insomnia with all the tossing and turning until I decided to get up because I just would not be able to get back to sleep. This bed even has a snore setting- I can lift my husband's head to that setting and he sleeps right through it. I cannot confirm or deny if I have utilized that function haha ;)

Tere in RVA  -  I'm toying with idea of no more hair dye. My husband is a couple years younger than me and I don't want to look like his mother instead of his wife. I had 2+ weeks of asthma/allergy attacks when my multiple respiratory meds got put on hold - my employer forced an insurance provider change. And of course those attacks coincided with my hair appt. So I just got a trim at home rather than the professional color (to stay away from the fumes). Now I'm wondering -do I want to save the money each month?  I'm only 55 but had a few gray hair in my teens and have been fully gray for at least 8 years

Margaret- we enjoyed the movie Sully too. We don't see many movies, but that one made our list! 

Marnie- those tacos look delicious

Have a great day everyone!

queene in PA

• Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    :)<3o:)

Had a great day on Wednesday...the traffic on I-75 through Atlanta wasn't bad, the rain only drizzled, and my business transaction with my Sis was easily accomplished. We ate lunch at Shoney's and I only had salad and a piece of sauteed chicken breast. Very tired at the end of the day and so glad I won't have to drive down there any time soon. The older I get, I just hate long car trips.

Carol
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    <3:)<3
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,846 Member
    Options
    Not into posting much. Tired and stressed. House sale is moving along. Bank is coming today for buyer appraisal, inspector due an Saturday. Packed some more yesterday, slow going, but going. DH is having a hard time with choosing what to store, what to sell/donate, what to toss, and what to use in RV. Going to put some money on RV today once the appraisal is done. Taking measurements in the hope that will help DH.

Did 154 squats
    25 min yoga

Rita from CT
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    Queene and others thinking of ditching the hair dye..... about a year ago I stopped with the hair dye- foils. Yes, I think having some color did make me look a bit younger, but with retirement looming I couldn't justify the expense every 2 months. Plus, I also developed a very itchy scalp-likely allergy, hair (already thin) was in terrible shape from the chemicals.

So I decided to let it grow out. Went for a couple more trims at the hairdresser then took on the task myself - my hair is naturally curly so if I "chopped" at it a bit, who could tell. It's now all grown out to a couple inches below my ears which is perfect and a style I never had before (I also put it in rollers, first time in my life which stops the frizzies and gives it bounce - I wash it twice a week.)

I use coconut oil as a pre-wash conditioner, massage a dab into scalp and comb a bit thru the strands - I don't pack it on and it comes out with one shampoo but has really given my hair the body the color used to give it.

During this time, I also started noticing gals whose hair looked 20 years younger than their face, lol. I didn't want that to be me. So it was a mental adjustment too, but "going platinum" at least in my mind is working OK.

Sorry for the epistle. Happy Thursday to everyone!

Lanette
    SW WA State
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,116 Member
    Options
    Stronglift Rest Day

Kettlebell Swing
    Goblet squat-6X5X 30
    Russian kettle bell swing-26X 10 X 30

40lbs loss by May 27th Challenge
    Exercise daily and stay at or under calorie goal.

Keto 3 Week Challenge February 5th-25th
    I lost another 1.6 pounds! I love this way of eating! I'm a fat burning machine!

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    Sarah in Ontario - good luck with that thumb.

If I had a grand-daughter in college right now I'd advise her to hang out in the science building and target a pre-med student for husband material, lol. A ton of orthopedic docs are going to be needed to treat all the "text thumbs" or whatever they call it on kids (and adults) who use their hand-held devices a lot.

Or better yet, I'd tell HER to get her MD and focus on hand/wrist surgery and forget the MRS degree for a while.

Main thing is to have a nice condo somewhere warm for Grandparents to park in the winter.

Lanette
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,549 Member
    Options
    Z
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,212 Member
    Options
    The Unstuffed Cabbage Bowls has come out well. It makes a LOT because of all the cabbage. Enough for some tonight and some to freeze. I used the white cabbage so it has retained texture. :D I might drizzle some chilli sauce on mine and some low fat creme fraiche. <3
    Any newbies, do check out the skinnytaste.com Web site.
    Our buyer wants to come over tomorrow afternoon with her university age son. What a pain! I was beginning to relax about mess! Good job my cleaner was here this pm. I always drive her mad with my cooking smells. :laugh: DH also changed our bed linen. <3<3

Love to all. Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    Morning all... worked out, burned 585 calories with 27 minutes on the elliptical, 25 minutes running... once I get cooled down, I'll shower, then up to the Civic Center to decorate the table for the Chamber Banquet tonight. Quiet afternoon, then an evening of socializing--which is exhausting, usually, but we'll see.

Weight stinks, calorie levels stink, but am honing in the working out. If I could outrun a bad diet, I'd be happy! Just trying to make good choices. Last night was a baked potato for dinner with light sour cream and Smart Balance spread, pretty darn yummy.

Hubby's doing well, just itching to get his stitches out and get on the road with PT. Six more days in a soft cast, then he can start doing the work to get better. He had one really, really low day, but is back to his sunny self. Thank goodness.

Love y'all... think about you more than you know,
    Lisa in West Texas
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Barbie: I'm happy to hear that you're walking with both dogs again. I assume that Brandi is doing better. :bigsmile:

Lanette: I have just let my hair go natural all along. In my thirties it got darker and darker, then in my forties it started to have silver threads. Now it is mostly a color I'll call light, similar to what I see in your photo. My mom was also a natural blonde & her hair gradually lightened, too, but never got all the way to white. I have an appointment to get mine trimmed later today. :smiley:

Heather: Keeping my fingers crossed that the buyers for your home just keep getting more and more excited to move there. :bigsmile:

I have an appointment for a haircut this afternoon and can hardly wait for it. My hair has turned into a haystack. It needs to be trimmed and tamed. I'm thinking about going up to he stable to lunge Arrow, & waiting for a suitable time to call and see whether this is a good day. I don't want to ride today, just to work him on the lunge line. I am being extra cautious because I'm still the only driver and can't afford to get hurt until DH can also be a driver again. I hope I'm not fooling with myself about courage, and I actually have enough to work with Arrow on my own when I am no longer the only driver.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

Nothing is impossible, the word itself says 'I'm possible'!" -Audrey Hepburn