New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    josette06 wrote: »
    My Giant started carrying Enlightened! I no longer will have ice cream envy from you guys. I bought the peanut butter one because my t-rex arms couldn't reach the salted caramel. :smiley:

The peanut butter was probably one of my least favorites unfortunately and the salted caramel generally tastes fake, but if they have any other flavor you need to go back and try it! Especially if it's frozen hot cocoa or caramel oatmeal cookie!!!
    Francl27 wrote: »

Ignorance is bliss. I will never unsee that. I need that.
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    My Giant started carrying Enlightened! I no longer will have ice cream envy from you guys. I bought the peanut butter one because my t-rex arms couldn't reach the salted caramel. :smiley:

LOL. I also have this problem but will just climb onto the freezer ledge for whatever I need at the back because I have no shame.
  • JessicaMcB
    JessicaMcB Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options

Jelly donut? Excuse me while I sob in the corner :'(
  • hgycta
    edited February 2017
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »

LOL. I also have this problem but will just climb onto the freezer ledge for whatever I need at the back because I have no shame.

I totally do that all the time I'm glad I'm not the only one!! XD

Also was very impressed with this! Has anyone tried the other flavors? Usually I hate soft bars but I couldn't get enough of it! Caramel flavor was very subtle to me but still, very satisfying even though I normally don't like pea protein, reminds me of a softer Orgain protein bar!
    s1rrgaucfde2.jpg
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    31415448664_2f9fbbffbf_z.jpg

Extremely yummy.

I'll have to try this flavor after I'm finished with the regular.
  • extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    OhMsDiva wrote: »
    MiamiSeoul wrote: »
    9viqetpvv6an.jpg

WHY, OH WHY, did I have to try these?!?!?!?!?!

A little too sweet for my taste, but so damn good.

Dangerous.

NSV: I only had one.

Way to sweet. They were so sweet that I could not eat them. Another red velvet bust

The red velvet expert in my life agrees.. I didn't mind them as much but they were pretty much just red cookies IMO.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Giant has a lot of new products in their ice cream area for those that shop there. They had four flavors of what I imagine is the older Enlightened, all three of the new Ben & Jerry's flavors (I am definitely scooping up Oat Of This Swirled when there's a sale), Kemp's has some kind of yogurt pint now, a few interesting flavors of Yuengling's in pints, & the Hostess Novelties (none were on the shelf). I'm hoping Giant eventually gets the Hostess Pints so I can try the Twinkies ice cream.

I'm hoping they'll eventually get more flavors of Enlightened & once I get a bonus I'll definitely buy some to try it out.

I talked to the lady who is usually in the organic section where they stock Halo Top & asked her if they were ever going to get the new flavors. She said not at the moment, but they're killing a lot of the products near it so chances are they could at some point. I joked around & told her they should just get rid of Arctic Zero, but she said surprisingly it sells fairly well.

I think Giant had Mint Chocolate Chip, Frozen Hot Cocoa, & the other two escape my mind at the moment.

Other new products were Noosa Apple (anyone try that) & the Provision Icelandic Yogurts @Francl27 haven't you tried the latter?
  • ActivatedAlm0nds
    ActivatedAlm0nds Posts: 169 Member
    Options
  • josette06
    josette06 Posts: 119 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options

The Yuengling Ice Cream is delicious! It's so expensive though which is disappointing. I think the beer is cheaper. :disappointed:
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    These are delightful.

cq5dam.web.1280.1280.png
  • hgycta
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Red Velvet: Halo Top or Enlightened?
    I choose Enlightened hands down! I can see why people might favor Halo Top, however.
    Enlightened's version has less calories, I find it creamer, and sweeter. The base has a stronger cocoa flavor and it wins with me because it has cream cheese swirls, an essential element of Red Velvet as far as I'm concerned. However, Enlightened's Red Velvet does have that stereotypical artificial food dye flavoring to its base, which I secretly enjoy but I'm sure leads most people to avoid this flavor. Also, while it had cream cheese swirls it wasn't as much as I had been hoping for. It was mostly in the middle and I really found myself digging for them more than anything. Still, better than the single glob of caramel in the Halo Top's caramel pint so as for swirls I guess I can't complain! I wanted to chew something though, I wanted cake or more chocolate somehow so I'll hand it to Halo Top for their brownie pieces. Still, the cream cheese swirls kept winning me over as they were gritty and pleasantly tart.
    So there you have it, they both have their positive and negative qualities. Enlightened is lower calorie and definitely tastes more like "Red Velvet," however, so I'll definitely be buying this one over Halo Top. If you love Red Velvet you should try it, if you hate Red Velvet it won't win you over.
    a8i9pyg5jzft.jpg
    ujpcnqelzfxy.jpg
    p9kfcz3qe0jw.jpg
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    Got the caramel cashew and fudge walnut ones
  • ActivatedAlm0nds
    ActivatedAlm0nds Posts: 169 Member
    Options

The Yuengling Ice Cream is delicious! It's so expensive though which is disappointing. I think the beer is cheaper. :disappointed:
    Yeesh. Guess that's the one good thing about not being where it's sold

• Strawblackcat
    Strawblackcat Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »

Also was very impressed with this! Has anyone tried the other flavors? Usually I hate soft bars but I couldn't get enough of it! Caramel flavor was very subtle to me but still, very satisfying even though I normally don't like pea protein, reminds me of a softer Orgain protein bar!
    s1rrgaucfde2.jpg

I love these! We have them 20% off at work, and I get to stack my 25% employee discount on top of that, so I've been stocking up. The chocolate peanut butter is my favorite, though. I just really like that chocolate-y coating on the bottom. I think the Fit bars are much better than the Sport protein bars. The Sport bars have a good taste, but the texture is way too dense and protein bar-y.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Options

s1rrgaucfde2.jpg

I love these! We have them 20% off at work, and I get to stack my 25% employee discount on top of that, so I've been stocking up. The chocolate peanut butter is my favorite, though. I just really like that chocolate-y coating on the bottom. I think the Fit bars are much better than the Sport protein bars. The Sport bars have a good taste, but the texture is way too dense and protein bar-y.

i need to try these havent seen them yet
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Options
    Luna caramel cashew bar: WOW Really REALLY good. Had a nice caramel drizzle on top. Had a very prominent roasted and salted cashew flavor. At first the salt was like WOW salty, but as I ate it it grew on me and complemented the cashew flavor soooo nicely. Would buy these again. I LOVE salted cashews. I like bars with the drizzle on top too.
  • hgycta
    Options
    Luna caramel cashew bar: WOW Really REALLY good. Had a nice caramel drizzle on top. Had a very prominent roasted and salted cashew flavor. At first the salt was like WOW salty, but as I ate it it grew on me and complemented the cashew flavor soooo nicely. Would buy these again. I LOVE salted cashews. I like bars with the drizzle on top too.

Next time post a picture I want to see! I'll have to keep an eye out I'm a bit of a salt addict unfortunately x3

s1rrgaucfde2.jpg

Thanks for letting me know, I'll definitely be sure to try out the chocolate peanut butter then!!! I just wish they didn't have caffeine I'm super sensitive and only try to have it once every other day so now I had to give up my beloved coffee for it haha