Food items that are bad for you?

Options
Just found out apples are horrible for you? And so is nature Valley granola bars are too? It sounds like I should have been eating donuts and pizza all along instead of apples and granola bars. Any one have any advice on this?

Replies

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    What is your source on this? Your information is only as good as the source.
  • Hollywatson2016
    Hollywatson2016 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My co worker went to the doctor and the doctor said any kind of fruit is bad for you and you should not eat any of it.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Apple's are horrible for you? That's new.

All foods can be part of a balanced, healthy diet.
  • Hamsibian
    Hamsibian Posts: 1,388 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    is your Co worker diabetic, insulin resistant, sensitive to fruit (yes, this exists), what? Some context is needed, but chances are this does not apply to you.
  • bizgirl26
    bizgirl26 Posts: 1,808 Member
    Options
    I dont know how some Dr's are still able to keep their licenses . Need a new Dr for sure
  • BaddS4
    BaddS4 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Anything processed is bad for you, however delicious... lol If you're trying to go low carb then stay away from most fruit... Stick to berries...
  • gemstoneisland
    gemstoneisland Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    All foods found in nature = good for you and nutritious!

Granola bars are highly processed food with a ton of added sugar, I consider them junk food. I had a coworker constantly on a diet and she would eat one of those every day for breakfast (I forgot which brand) and one day she looked at the nutrition information on the package and says, "150 calories?! You mean I could have just had a candy bar instead???. LOL!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    ugofatcat wrote: »
    bizgirl26 wrote: »
    I dont know how some Dr's are still able to keep their licenses . Need a new Dr for sure

I would be very careful about any information you receive second hand. It is very likely that your coworker is prediabetic/diabetic. The doctor told them they need to watch their carbohydrates, and fruit has carbohydrates. Which your coworker somehow translated to apples are bad for you.

Or it's a digestive fiber thing specific to the patient.