i lift very heavy weights and i can't seem to drop weight

Options
12345679»

Replies

• fitnessjunkie35
    fitnessjunkie35 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I was surprised to read you're cooking with soy sauce....first thought is that a high sodium level is gonna make you retain more water weight than if salt was lower. I'm 38yrs old, 5 ft 5 and fluctuate between 122 and 132lbs. It's rare for me to step on a scale, I just go by how I look and feel. For weight loss my calories stay under 1500 with macros of 120g protein, 100-150carbs, and fat btwn 30-60g. Cycling carbs up and down has helped. My fats are mainly avocado, eggs, lean beef and coconut oil. I drop the beef and eat baked cod or ground turkey when a fast lean out is needed. If your diet is on point you should be seeing a weight loss.
  • Alex
    Alex Posts: 10,145 MFP Staff
    Options
    Mods have cleaned up this thread a bit. If you are here to participate constructively in the discussion, great. If you are here to derail the discussion by focusing on the OP's credentials then please move along. We are not saying everyone has to agree, but please play nicely.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    dannyjoe54 wrote: »
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    eating clean ie or smart simply means avoiding any and all products that are high in fat, sodium or refined sugar. I should have corrected my statement earlier, instead of no salt, no sugar, it should have read low salt, low sugar. my apologies.

which is totally unnecessary for any weight loss goal. ...

you've got to be kidding. you want to be healthy don't you?

Cutting out salt is not healthy... it disturbs your body's natural electrolyte balance.

According to a dietitian I've known for a while, sugar is not unhealthy if moderated.

Yes, thanks for pointing that out once again. I guess the fact that i corrected myself in the very next post continues to go unnoticed or unread. So why not continue to beat a dead horse. The basis of my statement is one does not want to ADD extra sodium or sugar to their diet when weight loss is the goal. There is more than enough sodium and sugar in the food we eat already.

Added salt and sugar aren't a problem for weight loss/gaining/maintaining. Calories are.
    If I don't add salt, I personally don't hit the recommended 2300mg per day. If I do cardio, I consume even more salt.