WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2017

Options

Replies

• KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    Gray hair- My gray is coming in slowly. I color it myself; generally a warm dark brown (as close to natural as I can get). I, however, am hoping my gray will come in a pretty gray, so I don't have to color it gray or a brighter gray. I would go gray now, except for the expense to keep it up. AND my hubby doesn't want me to go gray yet. We are both 50, he is six months older than I. He looks about 10 or more years older than me; so I accuse him of wanting people to think he has a "trophy" wife! Yeah. That's me. ;)KJ (Kelly)
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,916 Member
    Options
    :)Chris, I have been maintaining for several years and I do it by staying close to all of you on this thread and logging food and exercise just like I did when I was losing. I deal with many social/eating occasions by not eating at the event and concentrating on the people instead.

<3 Barbie
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,051 Member
    Options
    Joyce great picture!

I do treat my hair differently than when I was younger. I used to wash my hair daily. Now I only wash it one to two times a week unless I do a dusty messy project. I use a shampoo that does not contain sulfates. I also eat a much more nutritious diet than I did when younger. I also have a natural wave and when I get a good blunt cut I rarely have to curl it. I do count myself very fortunate.

:heart: Margaret
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,207 Member
    Options
    Rori - Thank you for asking about my memoir. You encouraged me to get some done this morning on my tablet. :D I was writing about my favourite doll, who had the same name as my very best friend. Shirley. She was the one with German parents. I sooooooo loved her for years. Lost touch about 30 years ago.

Made 24 meatballs this morning and froze 12. Will have the others tonight with tomato sauce (also made) and shiritaki noodles. Plus veg. It will come out around 450 cals. DH will have real spaghetti. <3

Going to watch a German film this pm while DH is upstairs watching the rugby. Saturday is also newspaper reading day. At the moment DH is in the kitchen making stewed apple and blackberry. (Hardly any sugar) <3 We have stewed fruit every night for dessert with my homemade yoghurt. We eat our main course around 18.15, then dessert at 20.00. Then an oz of cheese. Then one sweet. Takes us up to 20.45. :D That way I don't feel deprived and I feel I have had a four course dinner. :laugh:

My hair costs me very little. I colour it myself (roots only) and I have a "wet cut" at the hairdresser every eight to ten weeks.
    I do condition it well.

Beth - I was always told that I was "plain" as a child, but that when I grew up I could do something with makeup to enhance my piggy eyes. My friend Shirley was stunningly pretty. I was very jealous. As I've grown older I've come into my own more. I was never good looking but I made the best of myself - hence my attachment to my hair, which I've always had shoulder length, though it used to be brown. I hid behind it and had a long fringe for years. I am now fairly happy with myself when I am "scrubbed up", though not "au naturel". :noway: I think the fact that I have always kept religiously out of the sun has helped my skin, plus a good diet and genetics. Not too many wrinkles! I do face exercises every day, plus use serum and factor 15 moisturizer, but I think the sun thing is the most important. One day I fear everything will collapse, but so far, so good for a 67 year old. B)

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    1664047ta8ktv5ec1.gif
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    Stress is getting to us. Bank appraiser came did house yesterday, now house inspector is here. Applied for loan on RV Thursday, no word on that. Worried The bankruptcy last year will prevent us from getting it.

On grey hair, I started finding grays at 18. Stared coloring at 30 for the next 20 years. When I turned 50, had it colored light then let the gray grow in. Figured I was 50 and a grandmother so time look it. I colored it a DH blond for a while once I turned 60, but don't see the point any more, so back to au naturale!

Later Peeps!

Rita from CT
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,112 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Stronglift Rest Day

Kettlebell Swing
    Goblet squat-6X5X 30
    Russian kettle bell swing-26X 10 X 30

40lbs loss by May 27th Challenge
    Exercise daily and stay at or under calorie goal.

Keto 3 Week Challenge February 5th-25th
    Last day! I am planning on continuing on with this way of eating! My husband had to stop because he donated one of his kidneys and this way of eating can be hard on people with kidney issues. We have to make sure his lasts a lifetime!

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    I somethings wish they made hair dye; that one could use and make their hair more gray. Seems like a few years ago, they did. Probably did not sell very well; but, now more people are going to let their gray grow in, to save the money on coloring it.

HA! HA! HA! - DH says I am his 'trophy' wife, only because I am his 'charm'.

Lenora
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Like Heather I color my own hair. An $8 pkg of Loreal every 4 to 5 wks does the job. It's so easy to do and takes little time. As for wrinkles, I don't have any on my face (good genes) but am getting some on my neck. I was not mindful of the sun as it improved my acne so now I pay for that with splotches and pre-cancerous cells that have to be periodically removed.

Carol
  • karenleona
    karenleona Posts: 3,959 Member
    Options
    Did not have a good day food wise yesterday. Today will be better
    So tired after coming off night shift. Home to bed.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,542 Member
    Options
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    I do love the sun but I'm not too wrinkly, I think never smoking helped. I use lots of moisturiser, do face exercises (when I remember as haven't managed to form the daily habit) maybe should make that a goal for next month. They say it takes 30 days to establish a habit.

Gym this morning 20 mins each bike, rower and treadmill (did some HIIT on each)
    145 squats on the challenge today

Kate UK <3
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Margaret - Thought of you when I saw this site. I hope it will open for you; it is from Greek Daddy (and shows people throwing clay. You might have to cut and paste to another program, such as a word processing program.

Lenora

https://biggeekdad.com/2017/02/ceramics-pottery-masters/
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,699 Member
    Options
    afternoon/morning ladies~
    Tom on a roll today.. just nasty and ornery.. told me he will pay the mortgage and car payments and I will pay everything else. and has been just a nasty so and so, he if off getting his glasses fixed and then will be back.. gonna try and get him to sit down and show me exactly what bills I have to pay and when...
    grrrrr
  • tngram2seven
    tngram2seven Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Working a double shift today including basketball games this afternoon. Next Saturday is the last game day! HOORAY!!!!!
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,821 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies: I have worked in pools for over 40 years and have always kept my hair short. Thought once about coloring it but too many problems with the chlorine all the time so just let it grow gray. It has been mostly salt and pepper but is getting more silver. It is thick and has lots of body. Cold here this morning, only 33*. There was a skim of ice on the horses' water. DD is flying home from Costa Rica today but is currently stuck in Houston. She flies free but standby since her best friend works for United. Sometimes that means long hours in an airport.

Rita - Hope things work out. Hang in there.

Karen VA - Ruby is a head tosser. Sometimes I wonder she doesn't have whiplash. Looks pretty though especially when she is trotting with her tail lifted.

Everyone take care, Sue in WA
  • gotu52
    gotu52 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, today is endurance training:
    Treadmill x 60 min = 414k
    Leslie Sansone video x 46 min = 227k
    Billy Blanks Tae Bo x 60 min = 400
    Weights x 15 min = 70
    Total burn 1111k

Hereslibby Welcome
    Beth Great news about your son. So sorry to hear about your hubby. I hope the surgery helps!
    Pip Hey, what's up? Sending you hugs <3
    Chris Congrats on the loss. Losing 48lbs takes discipline and perseverance which you obviously have. You will lean on those skills and do very well in maintenance. Plus we are here to keep you in line lol!

Well my body is exhausted so it's probably couch and movies today.

Hugs to all. <3 Sarah, Ontario
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,542 Member
    Options
    nqa2oflyyl6u.jpg
    Just got finished at the gym and he got to the car b4 I did. Awwwwe he can now sport a man bun
  • Charleen2
    Charleen2 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Gray or color? For many years I dyed my own hair blonde like it had been when I was younger. Yes, it was a pain to maintain. After I retired I grew my hair out and cut away the blonde. I've been 'natural' for 7 years.

Here is an interesting problem to have - my current natural hair color is a medium brown with a stray gray hair. It's hard to see them. I am 65 years old. I always ask for a 'Senior Discount' when I buy anything. I have my driver's license at the ready to show I am eligible for the discount. But the looks I get! My hair color works against me when I declare myself a Senior.

Charleen in Colorado (Totally swaying to the music of Ed Sheeran while cutting quilt fabric. Pure heaven!)