WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2017

Options

Replies

• lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    Oh, whoopsie--and I meant to say on the veggie front, as Heather noted, I absolutely despise them as a group, singly and together. But, as I mentioned early on, I do get more willing to eat them as I get further into any program. And, for the beginning, at least, I don't even enter them as calories--it gives me a little more motivation to eat them. I do, however, log anything I put on them, such as sauces, butter, etc. Thus giving myself incentive to add naked vegetables in wherever I can. It probably won't ever be much, and never enough to have a negative impact on my total calorie level. A few bites and I'm done.

The reason I don't like the vast majority of green vegetables is because they taste quite bitter to me, or worse. Beets, turnips and most root vegetables are a whole different breed of foul--they bear a distinct resemblance, taste-wise, to the mud pies I made as a child. I've been told that my tastes never matured, as I don't like dry wines, either, and for the same reason.

Regards,
    Lisa
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    I love most veg but hate preparing them DH is not a lover, he likes peas, sprouts, cabbage and frozen mixed veg.

Has good customer service gone out the window. You know I cancelled my private dental insurance and wrote to my surgery to let them know(I thought that was good manners) Just thought today that after nearly 25 years as a patient I did not receive an acknowledgement or even a phone call to ask why I was leaving. Totally ******ed
    Sorry rant over, but I do hate bad manners

Kate UK
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,370 Member
    Options
    Grrrrrrrrrr! I've just rung the post office and the lady from the shop part, not the office, said that they have been "too busy" to sort out the cheque fiasco and it is in the tray to be attended to. :sad: :sad: She did go and speak to the idiot who messed it up. Apparently she has to speak to "Paul" about it to sort it out. :# I said I was extremely upset as it was a lot of money and I was very worried about it. :o:# Grrrrrrrrrr!

Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    Stronglift Workout A
    Squats-1X5X 55/65/75/85, 5X5X 90
    BP-1X5X 45/55/65, 5X5X 75
    BR-1X5X 75

Kettlebell Swing
    Goblet squats-3X5X 30
    Russian kettle bell swing-15X 10 X 30

40lbs loss by May 27 Challenge
    Walk every day! Today I am taking a minimum of 2 - 2 1/2 mile walks!

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,729 Member
    Options
    Ooooo
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    (((Heather))) Post office= :grumble: :devil:
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Joyce. May I ask what game on Facebook you were playing?

Becca
    Just curious in
    Oregon
  • ljdw99
    ljdw99 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I've been reading but not posting. I've lost my voice for some reason which is not like me but I think it's just been too much effort to gather my thoughts.

Katla we had a Keeshond as our boys were growing up. A special boy our Hans who could do all sorts of tricks, sit up on his hind legs on any surface, play dead etc. the funnily was when our cat, JC, would swat at him then run into the living room as Hans persued. Hans came to a dead stop at the threshold since he knew he wasn't allowed on the oriental rug

Beth hope your DH finds some relief. Part of what's been going on has to do with my hub's back also, EMG nerve study, MRI, neurosurgeon, physiatrist, pain management clinic & PT finally.

Through all this I developed an abscess tooth. I've put off dentist because there just wasn't time so now need 4 implants.

Hubs needs me more later

March Goals

Maintain current weight until I can swim again
    Log daily
    Exercise 5 days a week
    Sleep 7 hours
    Meditate, meditate, meditate
    Drink 4 glasses of water/day
    Continue supporting DH in recovery from back surgery
    Get paperwork organized
    Decorate for Spring
    Try to post as well as read each day
    Be thankful each day
  • ljdw99
    ljdw99 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Lois on the Morth Shore of Ma
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,820 Member
    Options
    afternoon ladies~ chilly and very very windy... Homer wouldnt let me out the door without going with us, soooo he is the one who got the hair cut. Chester will go in 2 weeks.. stopped at the office let the service guy in..... and off I went grocery shopping...2 hrs later and 228.00 later I picked Homer up and brought him and the groceries home and put them away.. Now I am sitting, and am soooo tired.. but have to get back at it in a few..
    got 3 good recipes to make for the next couple weeks...
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Loving all your words of wisdom! The great part about new months is the recommitment of us all. Heather thank you for being such a positive force. I admire you. I am learning to not settle for mediocre, and strive for magnificent!

Becca
    Oregon
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,729 Member
    Options
    Ppppp
  • grogers511
    grogers511 Posts: 476 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Accountability Post
    March Goals
    Wednesday's Progress
    ✔1. Carbs 50-75g (limit 25g/meal)
    (B11, L0, D12.6, BBS 24.7= 48.3)
    ✔2. Fiber 30g
    ✔3. Track/complete entry daily
    ✔4. Vegetables - big salad daily
    5. Exercise - log 30 Fitbit minutes.
    ✔6. No eating after 9pm.
    7. In bed by midnight.
    8. Declutter: Office Supplies, Electronics, Music, Craft Supplies, Cleaning Supplies, Utility Drawer, Utility Closet.

Wow!
    •Carbs. The carb limits may be a bit tougher to do and track. But I think it'll be worth it. I'll become more aware of my carbs and measure more carefully. I did not subtract the fiber from the carbs. I usually do. But I'm confused about the proper way to do it. I think you have to do it per item and not just by the total.
    • Exercise... forgot Fitbit on charger for most of the day. How convenient! ;-)
    • Bed by midnight? Nope. Tonight I will.
    • Declutter. Ambitious schedule. But I'll do office supplies today.

Have a great day!

**Ginger in Texas
  • ydailey
    ydailey Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Happy Thursday!

Welcome to all the new arrivals!

Charleen - What a lovely gift you gave that gentleman and his cat. Thank you for being so kind!

Heather - One BP pill isn't so bad. My dad is (and has always been) a skinny fellow and fit for his age, but he's had high blood pressure for years. You're right, genetics has a lot to do with it. While losing weight does tend to improve control of my blood pressure, I don't expect to be able to drop the meds.

Kelly - Your son's resolution is great, but I think I'd be asking him what he's planning on cooking! Thanks for the book recommendations.

Lisa - Glad that Corey is improving, but I do hope work won't push him to do stuff he's not supposed to do! Sounds like you could be what's known as a "supertaster."

Karen - Next time I see wildflowers I'll take pictures! I haven't seen any around here yet, but I expect they'll be coming in within the next week or so.

Allie - Isn't it fun to hear all the birds and frogs and bugs sing, "SPRING! SPRING! SPRING!" in their various voices?

Yinka - What a treasure that scrapbook must be! We recently transcribed some of my grandfather's letters home to his parents during World War I, and they provide a wonderful context that you don't get from history books.

It looks bright and beautiful outside my window, but for some reason I'm cold today. Guess I could take a break from work and get off my behind... a half hour on the Nordic Track would likely warm me up. I don't think I'll ever WANT to exercise but I'm forcing myself to do it anyway.

-Yvonne in TX
  • SGCFAb5320162016
    SGCFAb5320162016 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Kjlamore Action needs to be my word this year too.right after motivation.thanks for that thought
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    :)

The cortisone shot in my knee seems to be helping a lot. I walked around The Dollar Store, Walmart, and Costco today and was not in terrible pain which would have happened if I hadn't had the shot. Can't wait to get the gel injections.

Bought my 5 yr old GD two dresses to choose from for Easter and can't wait to give them to her (hoping they will fit). I would have loved to have had a daughter but that wasn't in the cards. So, I really enjoy buying this one girly things.

Kay ~ Your grandchildren are so cute. Love the fairy.

Heather ~ Bea has the most beautiful eyes.

Becca ~ Keep on keeping on! The weight will come off. Congrats on your reward.

Carol

• 01debigail10
    01debigail10 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I would love to join in. I'm new to this app so I'm a little slow at catching on
  • 01debigail10
    01debigail10 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Is there something I have to do to join