Ice Cream Bread

Options

Replies

• Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Here's some tips that were shared in the recipe bloggers comment section after they tried out the bread recipes:

Best Ingredients to use tips:
    Bread will sink/not rise properly if too many extra ingredients are added in, best to use only full fat premium ice creams (low fat or no fat ice creams don't work the same) and must be self rising flour. One person tried it with sherbet and loved the results.. so there's that.

Make your own self-rising flour: if you only have regular.
    For every cup of flour add
    1 1/2 tsp baking powder
    1/2 tsp salt
    Sift together

I've not tried making any bread yet, still waiting on feedback from those that plan on trying it out. :laugh:
    It is fun to dig up recipes though. A dish of ice cream on its own is tasty!
    I'd have to be pretty sold to put my ice cream in flour. :D

Here's some recipes I came across that sounds tasty!
    http://www.sugarandsoul.co/2015/08/peanut-butter-chocolate-ice-cream-bread-recipe.html
    peanut-butter-chocolate-ice-cream-bread-recipe-1-of-4.jpg

Haagen Daz Pineapple Coconut Ice Cream

http://crazedmom.com/ice-cream-bread-two-ingredient-recipes/
    Two-Ingredent-Ice-Cream-Bread-Main.jpg?resize=600%2C600
    It's not a flavor I would normally pick but the recipe sounds pretty good, she suggests tossing in extra pineapple chunks for texture and extra flavor.

HOW TO MAKE ICE CREAM BREAD: Cookies n Cream - YouTube
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOf-JTuJT6U

How to Make Ice Cream Bread in the Microwave | Eat the Trend - YouTube
    Ice Cream Bread/Cake in Mug
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRSn0yzn8a4
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Thank you very much for the tip on self rising flour! I was dreading the idea of buying something else that would take up precious pantry space. I feel bad enough with brown, white, and powdered sugar.
  • EricaCraigie
    EricaCraigie Posts: 1,396 Member
    Options
    How dangerous lol
  • gigieatss
    gigieatss Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I need a picture of this!
  • Hearts_2015
    Options

@giasbash6260
    Scroll up on the thread a bit... you'll see some photos. :wink:
  • HonuNui
    HonuNui Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Made with Tillamook Strawberry...I doubled the basic recipe (using 3c flour and 4c icecream)
    wkuci2sx50my.jpg

• CafeRacer808
    CafeRacer808 Posts: 2,396 Member
    Options
    HonuNui wrote: »
    Made with Tillamook Strawberry...I doubled the basic recipe (using 3c flour and 4c icecream)
    wkuci2sx50my.jpg

That looks awesome! How does it taste? And is the consistency like normal break, or is it more cakey?
  • HonuNui
    HonuNui Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    wkuci2sx50my.jpg

That looks awesome! How does it taste? And is the consistency like normal break, or is it more cakey?

It is like a banana or nut bread: dense and moderately sweet. (which of course would depend on the type of ice cream used.) I hope to find a rum/raisin ice cream to try, but here in Hawaii such a thing is Christmas/seasonal at best.....
  • CafeRacer808
    CafeRacer808 Posts: 2,396 Member
    Options
    It is like a banana or nut bread: dense and moderately sweet. (which of course would depend on the type of ice cream used.) I hope to find a rum/raisin ice cream to try, but here in Hawaii such a thing is Christmas/seasonal at best.....

Thanks, good to know!
  • Sunshine_And_Sand
    Sunshine_And_Sand Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    Gotta do this.... BUMP
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    PhattiPhat wrote: »
    post-14325-Keanu-Reeves-whoa-gif-JNOr.gif

:D
  • CurveAppeal86
    CurveAppeal86 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Do you think I could use frozen yogurt for this? My favourite is a blondie frozen yogurt.
  • vikinglander
    vikinglander Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    This can't end well...
  • Hearts_2015
    Options
    Do you think I could use frozen yogurt for this? My favourite is a blondie frozen yogurt.

Looks like you can! @CurveAppeal86 The link is below... she tried it out and seemed pretty pleased, she used a fatfree yogurt if I remember right? I saw another video where you can use Greek yogurt but didn't watch it so can't vouch for that one.

Making Bread Out of Frozen Yogurt! - YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rgL_oLAmDs
    This can't end well...
    I don't now... this threads been going on 3 years now :laugh:
  • jessiferrrb
    jessiferrrb Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    the ice cream bread french toast is the real winner here. i'm happy just contemplating what it would be like to eat it.
    source.gif
  • CurveAppeal86
    CurveAppeal86 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much @Hearts_2015 !
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    At last, a low calorie bread that fits into my daily goals.
  • ibcherry
    ibcherry Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Doesn't anyone else find this post a bit counter-productive and the reason most of us are here in the first place? I mean don't get me wrong, it sure does sound quite yummy and all, I'm not gonna lie. I just wish there was a better place to post such chatter than a health conscious weight loss forum. Some of us do come here to find motivation to stay on our diets.