Motivation, Success and Frustration Sharing!

Replies

• PhedraJD
    PhedraJD Posts: 1,392 Member
    @rachel0778 Sounds like your family is great, and Dad just wants to spend time with his girl. :) Enjoy your weekend and your dad's visit.

@bluepoppies777 Thanks for the Memes. I know the feeling my scale keeps going up. not down. I spent all of one day in onederland. Grr. I will get back down though.

Took the BF to dinner. Ended up at Red Lobster. I moderated what I ate, and ended up over calories, but below maintenance. I will take that as a win. I could have so easily gone over calories by the thousands.
  • ShyCush6
    ShyCush6 Posts: 951 Member
    edited March 2017
    Rachel: That’s great advice for hungry days! Glad you made time for a great date night!! Nice job getting a workout in this morning!! Have fun at the concert!

Joy: Love the memes! Of course you love those Canadian boys!! LOL! That damn cheese! =) And wine! LOL!

Jdelaroy: Love Red Lobster! Way to go on staying below maintenance!

Had a good day yesterday… Stayed under calories and got in a good workout. Hoping to get to the gym tonight with Lexi! Those are always awesome burn nights for me! Good news... I think... Lexi passed her written permit test... Yikes!! She will be behind the wheel come May 7th! Exciting, yet scary!! Looks like the snow has held off for the most part… Was suppose to be a dreaded 10” as of Monday… looking more like 2”… I’ll take it! Have a great day ladies!!
  • ngolden3320
    ngolden3320 Posts: 360 Member
    Shy. Glad Mother Nature was kind to u and only gave u about 2". Good for Lexi. Scary for us parents. Yikes.

Rachel. Enjoy your weekend w your dad. I would give anything to sit and watch tv with my dad o:)
    Everything will work out.

Jdelaroy. Nice job at Red Lobster. You are my hero. I Never would have been that good.

Joy your memes are to live by.

Janet. Hope everything works out in the job b department

Well everyone will be happy to know that buddy is safe. I did not eat the dog. I did however eat a cheeseburger and fries from McDonald's >:) At least the dog is safe. Made it to the gym and now my legs r going to fall off.

• PhedraJD
    @shycush6 A teenage driver! It is exciting and scary. My oldest is 17 and has no interest in learning to drive. (I am glad, she has some learning disabilities and doesn’t react well to stress. I think driving would be very difficult for her.) I would love it if she wanted to go to the gym with me.

@ngolden3320 So glad the dog is safe! A cheat meal, followed by a good burn isn’t too bad. Don’t be too proud of me. I blew it yesterday.

So the BF has been wanting a shake all week. I have gone with him to several places over the week to get one, and each time, their shake machine has been down. On Tuesday night he was craving donuts. We were going to pick some up after Red Lobster, but they were closed. So last night, I went and got him donuts and a shake. Problem is, I got a shake for me, and ate a donut. One or the other would have fit my calories okay, both not so much. Plus I am still not getting much exercise in while body is recovering. Maybe today will be better, but I doubt it. I am visiting an old high school friend and she is making snacks. Haven’t seen her in 8 years.  Plus the BF has to work late tonight. Hopefully, I can find enough stuff to do to keep me from grazing.

This place has been quiet lately. Where is everyone?
  • janetay01
    janetay01 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Jen - still here, just winding up work in preparation for a few days off - woohoo! Will catch up properly tomorrow when I have a day to myself
  • ShyCush6
    Nicole: Yes.. I was happy the roads were fine on my commute home! Way to go getting to the gym… made up for the McD’s but then again.. if you craved it… it’s probably better than eating 100 different things to satisfy the craving.. that’s how I am!

Jdelaroy: Yes, I’m sure I will bawl the first time she drives out of the driveway alone!! ;) No worries about the donut and shake… one cheat meal will not kill ya… I hate regret… it’s so hard to say no sometimes! I was thinking the same thing.. our page is getting quiet… =(

Janetay: Got exciting plans for your time off?

Missy: Awesome job on the cycle workout!!! Woot! Woot!

So last night, Lexi and I made dinner… Chicken and mac ‘n cheese… comfort food, but in my calories… then I decided I needed a Lindor Truffle… and 3 thin mint girl scout cookies… Ugh! I did go down on the elliptical and workout, and suffered through a horrible stomach ache to get my 500 cal burn… come to find out Lexi and I both had food poisoning… I figured out the butter was bad that I used to make the mac’n cheese. So we had a night of barfing and ya know… ugh! So the scale is down 2 lbs. this morning… I’m guessing dehydration… So not counting anything as a loss! So had a good protein breakfast and lots of water to get my energy back today. Running errands tonight, so hoping I can at least squeeze in the elliptical as the gym might not be an option. Tomorrow is my day off.. Taking the kids to the waterpark in the Dells… So I will be soaking up the sunshine under the glass roof by the pool with a good book! Hopefully I’ll get in a workout in the morning! Next Friday I was suppose to have off for a girls wknd but it got rescheduled as one of my gf’s dad died... diagnosed with cancer 2 weeks ago. =( So instead I have Monday off for the funeral. My hubby is taking the day off with me as it is a 3 hour drive there and he is good friends with her boyfriend as well. So kind of a bummer! Any fun plans for the weekend for you guys? It’s a friend’s 70th birthday so we are going out for lunch Saturday, then my nephews 30th that evening so out for dinner and Sunday is a Nascar race and a meat raffle… which I’m not sure if we are going for sure or not… Kind of hoping not as I might need to recoup! Today is my Friday and I pry won’t check in until Tuesday! Have a great weekend!
  • kasey39
    kasey39 Posts: 39 Member
    edited March 2017
    Hmm...frustration...yep!! Haha!! Long story short, I've slowly been gaining weight since my early 20s (and my early 20s was nearly 20 years ago now!), despite an awesome metabolism prior to that, even when I was in the Army and running every day. I just lucked out that I always made weight when it counted. Blamed bad eating habits. Later, blamed pregnancy and child birth, along with eating habits and lack of exercise (out of the Army by then.) Lost some when I had gall bladder trouble a few years ago, prompting its removal (couldn't keep anything down!) but put it back on again when I could eat again. Really ballooned this year - gained almost 40 pounds just in about 6 months, right about the same time they found a 1" nodule on my thyroid. They removed it and part of my thryoid because it was pressing on my esophagus (something that's probably been going on for years - I've always had a horrible cough - they just always blamed asthma!), and found evidence of thyroiditis while they were in there (despite several tests once we discovered the nodule, and I had "normal" numbers). Just started levothyroxine a week ago because my numbers finally went up a little (by finally I mean, I've had the symptoms once I put two and two together for a long time, but they wouldn't treat with my numbers being normal) - hoped that tracking my food and exercise for the last month, I'd start to see some changes. I used to be a skinny-minnie!! When they found the nodule they asked about family history, and it turns out I had several cases of thyroid problems on both sides. I need to drop about 90 lbs at this point - thought when I started walking at lunch and really tracking my calories I'd start to see at least a little chip away, but nothing yet! Hoping I just need to be patient!! I can't stay this size!!
  • ShyCush6
    Hey Kasey! Sounds like you have a lot on your plate! Please check in often and share with us. Love to help you along on the journey! This is a great group of supporters!! You have to know you are doing your body good whether the scale moves or not... but you know eventually it will... Damn thing can be stubborn sometimes! Read my posts from last week! ;) Hang in there and hope we can help!
  • janetay01
    janetay01 Posts: 1,298 Member
    @kasey39 - that's a lot to deal with! As Shy says, check in often - we've got a great group of people here :)

Shy - so sorry to hear about the food poisoning - that truly sucks!

Missy - well done with the cycle class, bet you felt that afterwards!

So, first day of my 4 days off work - woohoo! Shy: lots of nice bits and pieces planned. Swimming and play date with Alistair tomorrow then my aunt and uncle are babysitting on Sunday so that we can go out for an evening meal - first time in months so really looking forward to that. Getting our logs delivered for next winter as well (yep, planning ahead!!) so got a log store to build on Monday. Probably do stuff in the garden if the weather improves - and we may go shopping for a new mattress - exciting stuff :) And right now, taking a break from cleaning the house. Hope the weekend treats everyone well!
  • kasey39
    edited March 2017
    :) Thank you for the warm welcome!! A lot of the hypo symptoms I'm experiencing at this point I've had for a long, long time, just always blamed each one on something different. I actually thought I was a lazy person. In college, I blamed being tired on being a college student. In more recent years, I blamed it on balancing single parenting (a rather challenging child at times) with working full-time. I blamed all the hair coming out when I showered or brushed my hair on just plain unhealthy hair. I didn't put it together until they found the nodule and I started doing some research on my own. It especially didn't help when my numbers were "normal", though if you put my numbers on some of the more up-to-date ranges, they actually wouldn't have fallen in the normal range. Most of that the other stuff, was over a long period of time. I did see the scale move a couple pounds this morning, so I'm hopeful we're starting down the slope. We'll see! My reasons for tracking my calories and exercise are two-fold. One, so I can see what I'm doing and two, so that if I continue to not see results, I can take that to my PA and say "don't pay attention to my numbers...look at this. Something isn't working right!" I'm not looking for something to blame. I should have been more concerned about this years ago but it just seems like life kept getting in the way, and my recent balloon along with the thyroid surgery was the wake-up call. I'm tired of having to go up in clothes sizes, and I'm completely disproportionate with where my weight is located (mostly hips/thighs.) I can never find clothes to fit! It helps that I finally got my daughter to find the safety key to the treadmill so I can hit that in the mornings. Our road doesn't have a berm and I live in the country, so until we get daylight around 5am it's not very safe to be out there walking, especially in the winter, and based on the topography of the land. I've pretty much just been walking about a mile and a half during my lunch break for the last month or so whenever I could. I hate the treadmill and I hate my basement (where the treadmill is!), but such is life, at least until we get a little further into spring and I can get back outside in the mornings.
  • ngolden3320
    Kasey. Welcome. Please don't give up and keep coming back here. We have all been through the numbers not moving. Keep at it. Someone on here told me last year to measure myself. When the numbers don't move it is nice to see that u have lost inches. By the way I also hate the treadmill I avoid it at all costs.

Janet. Enjoy your swim with alistair and ur night out w hubby.

Shy. I'm glad to hear that you and Lexi are feeling better.

My big plans for the weekend. Hubby decided it would b a good idea for us to paint Jenna's room this wknd and Cassidy's next. Yeah me. I hate/suck at painting. Feels good to be going to gym on regular basis again. Happy Friday everyone.
  • ngolden3320
    ugixzy2nhulw.jpg
  • PhedraJD
    @janetay01 Glad to hear you are still around. Enjoy that 4 day weekend. Time away with the hubby sounds great.

@gemwolf110 I can’t wait to start classes, but I have to heal. When do you start the new position?

@shycush6 I love your memes. Sorry about your friend. My BF likes Nascar, but he found out that Carl Edwards stepped down, and that was his guy. Last weekend, he wasn’t really into it. (Last season was the first season I had ever watched.) I can take it or leave it.

@kasey39 Welcome to the board, glad you saw some movement. Mine is moving in the wrong direction lately, and I am having a hard time getting back on the ball. I will get there, but it might take me a few tries. Any time you need to vent, celebrate, or just need advice, this is a great place to get it.
    @ngolden3320 I love when other people make plans for you. I don’t mind painting, but I am not great at it either. It will be a good workout for you. Hope you get a little relaxing time. I so miss going to the gym. Hoping I will make it back next weekend. Those puppies are too cute.

Yesterday, was a pretty good day! Saw an old high school friend, and she was doing snacks. She had donuts, cheese and apples. I said no to donuts (I really, really wanted one), had a little bit of cheese, and loved the apples. Managed to stay within calories yesterday, got 10000 steps in (having a hard time hitting my old goal of 12500) and got lots of water.
    So excited, tonight we are getting a puppy. He is 8 week old yellow lab. We are going to name him Apollo. (We have seen him twice so far.) He is a big ball of fluff, but very bulky. A little mischievous, and so freaking cute. So that is our plan for the weekend. Getting him used to us and the new house. Even better my kids have been asking for a pet, and they have no idea we are getting him. Can’t wait to see there faces.

Happy, and healthy weekend!
  • ngolden3320
    @jdelaroy yeah you saying no to the donuts. Great NSV I cant wait to see pics of your new puppy. I just love puppies. How can you have a bad day when you come home and get puppy kisses. There isn't much better. We have been thinking of adding a new puppy to our family also. Just in the thinking stage right now.
  • kasey39
    edited March 2017
    Typical stroll in March, in NW PA! The pictures are terrible, but you get the idea. This was about a 20 minute timeframe. Robin, wall of white ahead, then whiteout. Then the sun was back out, bright as can be, as it was when I started. Fun times! :)

yr4bskvtff54.jpgmjqyab0lrygx.jpg

9ksm01qtjli0.jpg
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,261 Member
    Haven't been to the gym all last week. The week before, my back started hurting. I think it was the day I swept & raked the rest of the leaves off patio. It was only a little sore. The next morning I went to the gym & decided to up the weight on an ab machine I use & after that my back hurt. Not too bad as long as I don't strain it.Still been walking the dogs a couple times a day. A few days ago, one of our beloved animal rescue volunteer died, all of a sudden. She owned a horse ranch & there's a large pond on her property when her foster dogs would have a ball. She took the large dogs home to foster. She adopted out over 250 dogs. Today is her funeral. I was feeling a lot better so I went to go help clean the rescue building this morning. Even tho I didn't lift anything heavy, the middle of my back really hurts. Also I'm dog sitting my friends dog down the street over night. I'm going to visit him several times a day & if I feel ok, walk him but I'm not bringing him here, we have 2 cats & he goes after them. I'm planing to sleep there since he has separation anxiety & bring one of my dogs to sleep with me. Hubby home with the rest. I feel very bad not taking my dogs out today but I just plain don't feel up to it. hopefully I'll feel better by tomorrow. Sunday I'm planing to go to the rescue & bring some food to share. It'll be something I can eat too.Hope ya'll have a great week end,