Motivation, Success and Frustration Sharing!

Replies

• Rachel0778
    Rachel0778 Posts: 1,701 Member
    Just wanted to pop in and say hi! My vacation is going wonderfully so far. I'm eating more than normal, but no binging which is good. I also read an entire book today and am starting another one in front of the fire right now. I'm getting my workouts in so I'm not completely slacking though ;) Tomorrow is supposed to be 65 here so I'll definitely be enjoying the outdoors! Happy weekend everyone!

@kasey39 Welcome!

@evamutt Sorry for your loss, it's terrible to lose a friend. Especially one who did much good in the animal community. I hope your back feels better soon!

@janetay01 I hope you enjoy your 4 day weekend!

@ShyCush6 Food poisoning is no joke, yikes! Glad to hear you're feeling better today

@jdelaroy Sounds like you made great choices at your friends house, way to go! I can't wait to see new pictures of your puppy

@ngolden3320 All that painting sounds awful, I hope you find some time to yourself!

@gemwolf110 I'm glad the first spinning class was a hit, even if your butt is sore after!
  • ngolden3320
    ngolden3320 Posts: 360 Member
    @Evamutt I'm sorry to hear about the loss of you friend and that your back is hurting. Hopefully this week will be much better for you.

@jdelaroy I hope they find your replacement and get them trained soon.

Rachel Was your book good? What kind of books do you like to read. I love to read just haven't gotten to do much of it.

@kasey39 Your weather in PA looks a lot like Ohio weather. Crazy! We can get sunburn one week and frostbite the next
  • ngolden3320
    Well we got Jenna's room painted. It took forever to take the border down. Didn't get a gym workout in, however my arms received a great workout. Not much happened this weekend except for laundry. I can't wait until everyone can go back to shorts and tshirts instead of 5 million hoodies and jeans. ugh. Hope everyone has a productive week.
  • Rachel0778
    Happy Monday everyone! Today is my "me day" and I am so glad I took it off to recover. I've got piles of laundry and stuff to cook up for the week ahead. I had a wonderful week with family but it feels so good to be home. I literally got home yesterday and took a 2 hour nap I was so exhausted! Then I got to see a friend I haven't seen in weeks since I've had so much family stuff going on. I always have a hard time transitioning so today is the perfect day to get back into my groove.

@ngolden3320 I'm glad painting the rooms went well even if you weren't able to fit in a workout (painting is a workout in and of itself!) I read a lot of historical fiction and fantasy novels. This past week I've been able to read more than I have in months and it felt amazing!

• PhedraJD
    PhedraJD Posts: 1,392 Member
    @gemwolf110 I hope that is soon then.

@ngolden3320 Great job getting the bedroom done. I bet with all that painting your calories were good.

@rachel0778 Sounds like you had a great week, and a day off to catch up and relax. I am jealous.

I had a busy weekend. We got the new puppy. I haven't figured out how to post pics from my phone :( He is so adorable, and good natured. He loves to chew already, but he does pretty good with redirection. Saturday was an errand/spend lots of time with the puppy day. Oh, and eat a lot too. :( Sunday, I went with the BF to work, he is going to take Apollo to work everyday with him. So I was along to see how he would handle it/babysit. Then we went roller skating. I hugged the wall the whole time, and skated super slow. It was probably a good thing. I felt all of the work I did where they cut me for my surgery (basically, the whole stomach and pelvis area. ) I ate everything in sight yesterday as well. I keep going over my calories, and can't seem to control it. :(
  • PhedraJD
    ntoso1ebw2jy.jpg

v1z1esnqt1c4.jpg

The new puppy! I think I figured out how to post pics!
  • bluepoppies777
    bluepoppies777 Posts: 438 Member
    Jen - Ok, that puppy is adorable!! apollo!! So cute, I bet your kids were over the moon and instantly in love! :) I've had that problem (still do lots of time) of feeling like I can't stay within my cals no matter how hard I try. So I feel your pain! Drink lots of water, and keep busy (even reading or cleaning or something) instead of being by the food. It seems like it takes so long to get into a good groove of being on point, and then once you get derailed one time, it's virtually impossible to get back on track. I think I was off track and off kilter from December to a few weeks ago!

Gem - yeah SPIN!! My all time fav class! Glad you tried it! I think you have to give yourself 3 x of trying it to begin to really like it. So definitely sign up for another class! Your down under (LOL!) gets used to the big seat after a few classes! ;)

Kasey - welcome to the group. Sorry to hear about your thyroid, that is hard to go through. At least you know what it is and the doctors can help you.

Shy - Sunning yourself in an indoor water park sounds so awesome right about now - snowed yesterday again here. Today is sunny and warmer, feels like the weather doesn't know what to do, it switches almost every day between winter and spring! Food poisoning bites BUTT majorly. The last time I had it was in 1996 (aging myself! LOL) and I didn't eat chinese food for about 9 years after. It was BADDDD! Lexi driving will be awesome! Just think, she will say "I've got volleyball tonight" and you will say "awesome, drive yourself!" HA!

Rachel - glad your weekend went well, and you got some good reading time and visiting time in. it's nice after company leaves to have a day to regroup! Do laundry and get yourself all set for the week. Nice!

Nic - painting is a work out for sure! good job, one room down - one more to go!

Well, I had a good weekend. Not a ton of exercise, and not really logging but I am feeling fine. I know I am not as strict on weekends, so I'm not stressing about it. I've heard before of that idea if you are eating well/exercising lots 80% of the time, the other 20% of the time you can relax a bit... not sure if that is really how things will work for me, but I'm testing the waters. One of my coworkers was SO strict all of the time for so long, she lost almost 40 lbs. But then something clicked and she was so sick of it, she lost all control and went nutso - and now she's gained it all back plus more! So even though I want to lose 17 more lbs before the cruise, I don't want to kill myself and be miserable to get there!
  • bluepoppies777
    mawzmsfysaie.jpg

You guys know how much I love pizza! :)
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,299 Member
    Love the puppy, Apollo, so darn cute.
  • PhedraJD
    Thank you guys, he reminds me of a baby polar bear. He is doing great, mostly potty trained, I can take him out front and he doesn't run off. He likes to follow me or the BF around, and he is already very well socialized.

@bluepoppies777 Thanks for the encouragement. It sounds like you had a fantastic weekend, and I like your attitude of not being so strict that it is going to make you go off the deep end. I wasn't super worried about my calories, because I was staying close to maintenance, so I knew I wouldn't really be gaining weight, but I am no where near my goal.

Had an overall good day health wise. Under calories, over on step goal, did 20 minutes of cardio/fat burn walking.
    My scale however said I gained 4 pounds, I flipped it the bird, called it a liar, and am chalking it up to sodium and water retention. It is getting close to ToM and gotta love those cravings. Aiming to do it again today.

Hope everyone has a great and successful day.
  • Rachel0778
    @jdelaroy My heart is melting! Your puppy is sooooo cute! I am amazed you're already back on roller skates and killing your activity goals. Tell the scale it is a *kitten* liar and keep doing what you're doing!

@bluepoppies777 I agree completely. The last time I lost weight I was soooo strict and got down to an unsustainable weight. I ended up driving myself crazy trying to maintain it and definitely gained it back. I can say from experience that it is not worth it! I'd rather go slower and weigh a bit more and still be able to enjoy life. You're going to look great on the cruise no matter what!

@gemwolf110 Great job fitting in activity and healthy homemade meals! You do such a great job of balancing it all with a crazy work schedule!

Back at work today and not happy about it. My dog was equally not amused this morning when I started getting dressed for work (he even refused to play ball with me in protest).

My "me" day yesterday was definitely a success! I got all of my cooking and shopping done, took the dog for a long walk, watched mindless TV, and read another 100 pages of my book. I ended the night by going to derby and holy hip flexors batman! I am so sore today after we did walking lunges on skates (it's as hard as it sounds). Today I'm taking it easy and doing yoga and walking until they stretch out again!

Someone dropped out of the match this weekend so there's a chance I might be able to travel and actually play with the team! I'm still waiting to hear back on the official decision, but I'm hopeful!
  • CallaLilyNess
    CallaLilyNess Posts: 32 Member
    So, I've got about 50lbs to lose. Super overwhelmed about it. I started this journey at 183 and now I'm down to 173. I'm not sure how I even lost that 10lbs because I am struggling with being consistant. I've gotten down to 167 just to get back up to 173. Been that way for months. Have a lot of health problems associated with the weight gain since I'm very petite. I've struggled with yo yo dieting for as long as I can remember. Got down to 125 once but it didn't last long. I'd love to have some support in all of this cause I don't have much at home.
  • ShyCush6
    ShyCush6 Posts: 951 Member
    Janetay: Sounds like you had a great weekend planned! Hope it went well and you enjoyed the time off!!

Kasey: I hate being in my basement on my elliptical as well… I watch Netflix on my phone to entertain me while I am down there! I look forward to Daylight Savings and warmer weather as well!!

Nicole: Great job on the gym routine!! Hope you found a little time for yourself this weekend! Love the memes!

Jdelaroy: Yay!! A puppy!!! How exciting!!! Apollo! Love it! He is adorable!!! Way to turn down the donut!! I wish I could say the same… I ate one Friday… =( Sodium and water retention are huge… I have finally figured out my body and when that happens… frustrating though!

Eva: So sorry to hear of your friend. So sad, so sudden. Hoping for a speedy recovery of your back!

Rachel: Sounds like a great get away! What a nice time with family and time for yourself! Awesome! You rocked it!!! Good luck on playing this weekend!! Fingers crossed for you!

Missy: Here is hoping your transition happens soon! I love spin too!!! Nice jobat the gym last night!

Joy: Way to have a good weekend! I agree… you can’t be strict all the time… Got to let lose or you will bail on it! Love the memes! My swimsuit said that Friday!! ;) Mmmmm… stuffed crust pizza! LOL! Pizza is my major downfall!

Calla: Welcome, post often and share… Great group to support you!

Well ladies! Friday was amazing… Sat by the pool, read my book and the sun drowned me through the glass ceiling… it was wonderful… felt like summer! Dipped in the water to cool off often! Stayed home Friday night and finished my book while cuddling my pup. Sat we had a long day of birthdays… I drank my fill of vodka but kept a water with me at all times as well! I think that really helped! Sunday was a lazy day. I didn’t pig out but I didn’t get in too much physical either. I went to my inlaws for 4 hours in the morning while my MIL went to church and grocery shopping. My FIL is still unsteady on his feet and gets confused easily so we don’t leave him alone at all. Then I came home watched some Nascar, raked the yard (looks so much better), and chilled with the hubby watching a movie! Monday was 5 hours in the car for the funeral, so long day. Lexi and I did get in a gym trip. 700 calorie burn and 20 reps on the legs! Whooa! That girl pushes me! Love it! This morning I did a quick 350 on the elliptical and working 10 hours, so nothing more tonight I would guess! I’m down 8.5 lbs. for the year, so still moving along! Staying even with my 1.5 lb goal loss/week chart! Feels really good. Hoping to hit 10 lbs. so Lexi and I can go for my manicure reward Saturday!! Hope you all have a great day!
  • Rachel0778
    Welcome @CallaLilyNess Please keep posting here, we're happy to be your support group!

@ShyCush6 You are killing it this year! How do you stay so busy and not get overwhelmed? I'm always so impressed by how much you have going on!

Quiet board today! I got the news that I'm officially on the roster for this weekend! If anyone lives near Appleton, WI we're playing there (it's going to be a loooong drive but totally worth it!). Even though I'm not a strong player this is going to be a great experience!

Last night I went to a pole dancing drop it class. It ended up being 2 hours long since the owner was teaching and gave us extra time! I am sooooo sore today, I'm going to take it easy and just do yoga and walk the dog. Have to get that recovery in before the big game this weekend!
  • selectdiva
    selectdiva Posts: 1 Member
    Hello Everyone! I have been reading the posts and this sounds like my kind of support group! I am trying to get my activity level up and get fit! My job can be stressful and I am a single parent caring for my mom too. My struggle is eating poorly and being lazy when I get stressed. I admit that I am a sugar addict! Looking to share my ups and downs of everyday life that impact my health goals and get some good advice.

Posting is very new to me and I will try to do it M-F for sure!
  • PhedraJD
    @gemwolf110 You are doing excellent! I have never made a quiche in my life. Not even sure if I would like them.

@Rachel0778 Glad your Me day was a success. I wish I could do that. I can't ever get my house to myself. Good luck on your first match. I bet you will do awesome. I had a friend who did derby. I loved to watch, but she doesn't do it any more. 2 hour pole dancing, lucky you!

@CallaLilyNess Welcome! You can do this. Remember we all have a bad day, and despite that, you can do it. Just dust yourself off and start at it again. Post often, ask lots of questions.

@shycush6 You are doing so great! So close to your 10 pound goal. I need a break like you took at the pool.
    Keep thinking I need to do a chart, but never do it.

@selectdiva You have picked the right place for your first post (Woot hoo) and the right place for lots of support. I used to be a single mom of 3, Now my BF and his Mom live with me. He helps with what he can, and I help take care of his mom. So I get the stress of both. I also love sweet things. If you can cut them out for about a week, you stop craving them so much. Please post often and ask lots of questions.

So, yesterday was an alright day. I had a migraine at work, and carried over to going home. Spent almost 2 hours lying down. This helped some, but than the BF came home, and his mom was being pissy, said some not so nice things about me. I no longer gave a crap about what I ate. Went over my goal by 250 calories. Dang gummy bears and pop. I wanted to go to the gym, but the bf got home late, and I was tired by then. I spent the rest of the evening in my bedroom. I plan on doing the same thing tonight, either my bedroom, outside or shopping. At this time I really want nothing to do with his mom. I know she is old, has memory issues, but really, I just don't want to deal with her, her dog or anything else. Gah. I feel like a horrible person for thinking this, but I really think I just need time away from her. On the plus side, I was still below maintenance calories, made all my steps, got my water goal in. The scale was back down to 201.6. Guess it didn't like me flipping it the bird and calling it a liar. I had one day in onederland and have been hovering right above it since that day. I would really like to see it again, and soon.
  • ngolden3320
    @jdelaroy. I'm sorry u r having such a hard time with ur BF mom. I can feel ur pain. My mom is getting older and has early onset Alzheimer's and she complains about everything. It is time for us to start looking for her someplace to live and I thought about w us. But I'm not sure I could do that. I am the one she *kitten* to all the time never my sister. And I don't think I can live with that everyday. Way to show the scale who is boss. I have to flip mine the bird and go on from there

@callalillyness & @selectdiva you have come to the right place. Welcome and hope to hear from you both often.

Shy. Great job. You are inspiring me. And believe me I really need it right now.

Rachel. I really wish I lived near you. I would totally come and watch you. Just know I will b cheering you on from Ohio. And pole dancing that sounds like fun.

Really struggling this week. Everyone at work is stressing me out. Which is only making by the nutty bars more appealing. Haven't been able to resist. I am definitely a stress eater and I'm up to my eyeballs in it now. I'm going to hope I make it to Friday without hurting anyone and that will be my big NSV for the week. Other people are slow so boss thought it was a good idea to give me help for the last month or so. Why WTH. I wasn't behind before but I sure am now cause I have to flipping redo everything she has done. Lord give me strength

Instead of happy hump day. Happy pump day at the gym. Talk to u peeps tomorrow. :#
  • bluepoppies777
    Happy Hump Day! The sun is shining here today, so I'm hoping for good weather for the rest of the week, I want to get cycling to work again! Last night it was snowing like crazy again, this weather is driving me nuts.

Rachel - congrats on getting to go on the away trip with the team! That is exciting, you are going to kill it! Pole dancing for 2 hours sounds crazy hard to me, I'm sure I would have fallen on my face! LOL! You always do such cool activities, I'm just going to live vicariously through you. :) Glad you had some me time, you have to try to schedule yourself that weekly - not a whole day, but an evening or 2 hours or whatever.

Gem - Glad you love that spin and are going to do it again! We have a Cycle and Sculpt class at my gym that I have done, you bring in weights and half the class is cycling while the other class is doing weight stuff, and then you switch back and forth. You get real sweaty and it's a crazy work out that you walk out feeling like your whole body is made of jelly!

CallaLilly - welcome to the group! I've lost about 20 lbs and have at least 45 left to lose... so don't feel discouraged. We all have our ups and downs, but just remember it is health first. We are all trying to live a healthy life and lose weight in a healthy way. So if it takes you a year or two to lose it, but you can keep it off because you have done it with a healthy lifestyle, that is awesome. I'm aiming for losing 17 more lbs by mid august.

Shy - 10 lbs and a manicure reward sounds fab! Great idea to keep you motivated! Glad the FIL is doing better, and really good that you all don't leave him alone because he might get scared or fall and that would be awful.
    I'm going to have to think of a reward for myself when I get back down into onederland - I'm 5 lbs away!!

SelectDiva - welcome to the group too! I'm definitely a stress eater as well. It's funny, it doesn't really matter that I know that I'm a stress eater, I still seem to stress eat! Working on that! I was a single mom for 9 years, so I know how busy that is. Hopefully you can remind yourself that you are worth taking 30 minutes a day for yourself! I'm married and my youngest is turning 10, and I feel like I am still reminding myself of that! Our health is our wealth, so we have to make it a priority. :)

Jen - Sounds like it's a good idea to keep yourself busy and give yourself some space from the BF's mom. Definitely take the high road, especially since she's old and her memory isn't there. As long as your bf is on your side, there's not really much you can do probably. Aren't mother in law's a treat? LOL. I just booked my hubs a plane ticket to go see his mom for 4 nights later this month. No one else in the family wanted to go because she can be such a hag!!! I'm just glad I'm not going, I pretty much get high blood pressure and get close to a stroke every time I spend time with her. LOL!!

So I tried that Yoga Barre Fusion class yesterday at the gym... and reminded myself that no, I still don't really like yoga at all! Should have done the spin! Gahhh! Oh well, I did it and I did sweat. Sometimes I think I'm doing the same thing all the time, so I try to switch it up, just to realize that I'm doing the same thing because I like it. haha! I already got my cardio in this morning at 5:30am because I'm working 12 hours today. I'll be pooped by the time I get home tonight. Hope everyone has an awesome day!