Options
    3/1 6
    3/2 4.5 + 6 x strength circuits
    3/3 8.5
    3/4 6.2 + 60' athletic conditioning
    3/5 7.5 EZ pace
    3/6 7.25

40/175

Despite how tired I was this morning, I made it out the door early and got my run in, but man was it tough! Feels good to have that done though. Happy Monday all.
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    @erp3996 - Congrats on crushing the distance!

@MNLittleFinn - Sounds like great news! You'll be crushing the miles again soon it sounds like. :smile:
  • Lisahorstkamp
    Lisahorstkamp Posts: 11 Member
    Options

exercise.png
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    I have a question for those of you that have gone through PT for running injuries: How long do your daily assignments take to complete? My PT has me doing a set of 6 exercises, which takes about 20-25 minutes to complete all of the reps. I am supposed to do this 4-5 times per day. That is a lot of time! Way more time than I spend running! Seems excessive.
  • kimlight2
    kimlight2 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Goal : 60 Mi
    Strech goal : 65 Mi

Date Miles. MTD. To Go
    3/1 5.0 5.0 55 miles
    3/3 3.0 8.0 52 miles
    3/5 7.0 15.0 45 miles

Took off work on Friday so I would have a day to get in my long run with no guilt and nothing else to do but Mother Nature did not co-operate. It was snowy and Icy so I ended up doing a 3 mile run on my treadmill which killed the 'mill. It was on it's way out but this finished the job luckily spring is here (I hope) and I should be OK without it.
    My piraformis was complaining a little after Sunday's run so I am glad I have 2 days off and this is an easy week. Everything after this week is uncharted territory and I am a little nervous about it since my longest run to date is 7.5 miles. I think once I get my routes planned out that may help unfortunately it is difficult to find a route here that is safe from traffic and relatively flat. May just start driving the 40 minutes to the Metroparks and doing my long runs there since it is safe and I really can't get lost.
    I did get 2 nice ego boosts Sunday. I got a "You go girl" and a thumbs up from a random driver. Both came in the second half of my runs, one right before my turn around the other in my last mile and it made the rest of my run so much better.

March 11- St Malachi 5 miler (partial course preview for Cleveland Half)
    April 9 - Cleveland Towpath 5 miler (maybe)
    May 21 - Cleveland Marathon Half
    June 10 - Run and Ride Cedar Point 5k
    June 11 - Run and Ride Cedar Point Half Marathon (Back up Plan) or Quarter Marathon[/quote]

• kimlight2
    kimlight2 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    lporter229 wrote: »
    I have a question for those of you that have gone through PT for running injuries: How long do your daily assignments take to complete? My PT has me doing a set of 6 exercises, which takes about 20-25 minutes to complete all of the reps. I am supposed to do this 4-5 times per day. That is a lot of time! Way more time than I spend running! Seems excessive.

My PT had me doing 4 exercises 3 reps once a day and stretching 3-4 times a day. The exercises took maybe 20 minutes to half an hour and the stretches we maybe 5-10 minutes. It was not very time intensive but it also might depend on the injury/issue.
  • karllundy
    karllundy Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    @RespectTheKitty - Bwahahahaha! Oops!
  • RespectTheKitty
    RespectTheKitty Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    @7lenny7 Very impressive running!
  • MobyCarp
    MobyCarp Posts: 2,927 Member
    Options
    kimlight2 wrote: »
    lporter229 wrote: »

My PT had me doing 4 exercises 3 reps once a day and stretching 3-4 times a day. The exercises took maybe 20 minutes to half an hour and the stretches we maybe 5-10 minutes. It was not very time intensive but it also might depend on the injury/issue.

It very much depends on the injury/issue. I've been in PT three times for three different issues, and got three different sets of exercises and stretches to do. My PT wasn't very specific on how much to do at home; I think she recognized me as a self-motivated athlete who wouldn't slack off.