True Confessions - Don't Judge

Options

Replies

• cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    FeraFilia wrote: »
    I confess I'm ready to just give up. On everything. First a nasty rumor and then the insult tonight. I'm so over it.

Apparently, caring about my health and my appearance is enough to make cranky old ladies tell people I'm trying to "trade up"... And then, I was just starting to think I looked okay today, and instead I'm told that I'm "starting to look like a woman with loose morals."

I hate this so much. :(

Tell those old heifers God doesn't like busy bodies and you'll pray for them.

I smiled and channeled my snarky southern mama and said "well bless your heart... I think I look nice, it's a shame you don't agree." Then came home, made sure my son was okay, and cried for 10 minutes.

Tell them: Before you judge me, you better make sure you are *kitten* perfect.
  • FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    LL5lifts wrote: »
    I confess I'm ready to just give up. On everything. First a nasty rumor and then the insult tonight. I'm so over it.

Apparently, caring about my health and my appearance is enough to make cranky old ladies tell people I'm trying to "trade up"... And then, I was just starting to think I looked okay today, and instead I'm told that I'm "starting to look like a woman with loose morals."

This is when you say "oh thank you so much for noticing! That's just the way my husband likes me"

He did appreciate the look when he came home.
  • FeraFilia
    Options
    @FeraFilia I'm sorry this happened to you. I hope you feel better soon.

Thank you. I'll get over it in a little bit... until the next time.
  • jamcdonel
    jamcdonel Posts: 533 Member
    Options

Ah! The joys of being related to the pastor!

One of my best friends in College was a PK. Really messed him up. His Mom was pretty screwed up by it too!
    "Church Ladies" can be brutal!
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,452 Member
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »

I smiled and channeled my snarky southern mama and said "well bless your heart... I think I look nice, it's a shame you don't agree." Then came home, made sure my son was okay, and cried for 10 minutes.

Great advice ...
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,837 Member
    Options

We've talked so you know my opinion. You are better than that. Stay amazing.
  • FeraFilia
    Options

Kasner1975 wrote: »

Yup. Right there. There's the answer.

Great advice ...

I agree with all of you. I'm sure there will be a next time. This lady hates me for some reason.
  • FeraFilia
    Options
    Timshel_ wrote: »

We've talked so you know my opinion. You are better than that. Stay amazing.

I'll try. Thank you. <3
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,368 Member
    Options

You could quote the Bible with John 8:7 but in all honesty they won't listen

You need to put your head up high and ignore them. they'll talk...let them. If you ignore them eventually they will stop and you know what if they don't who cares. You are happy and proud of yourself. Don't stoop to their level.

If someone says something like that just say I'm happy with the way I look thank you.
  • angelxsss
    angelxsss Posts: 2,402 Member
    Options
    I confess tonight I had tater tots with queso but it was so damn worth it
  • Cerealsensei
    Cerealsensei Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    angelxsss wrote: »
    I confess tonight I had tater tots with queso but it was so damn worth it

anything involving tater tots is a win
  • Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    Options
    Timshel_ wrote: »
    I haven't cried in years.

Wow! Really? That's nice. I cry too much.
  • LittleHearseDriver
    LittleHearseDriver Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the advise and words of encouragement. When I downloaded this app I didn't think I would ever make friends on it but I have met some of the best and greatest people I have ever known, some true real life friends.

I confess you guys are awesome!

We like having you around here ❤
  • sw33tp3a1
    sw33tp3a1 Posts: 5,065 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the advise and words of encouragement. When I downloaded this app I didn't think I would ever make friends on it but I have met some of the best and greatest people I have ever known, some true real life friends.

I confess you guys are awesome!

I like having you as a friend <3