What are your top 3 grocery staples for weight loss?

Options

Replies

• fit_chickx
    fit_chickx Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    edamame
    raspberries/black berries
    Hard boiled eggs (pre-cooked package at the deli)
    Chicken
    ground turkey
    Jimmy dean turkey sausage
    Grill mates marinades
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    eggs
    romaine lettuce
    tuna
    chicken
  • StarBrightStarBright
    StarBrightStarBright Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    These three are always on my grocery list: Fish (any kind), Sweet Potatoes, and Eggs.

Close runner ups: Spinach, Chicken, Apples
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    Like other folks, I don't have any "diet" foods, but the things I eat most often are probably apples, peanut butter, and dark chocolate.
  • bienemajamfp
    bienemajamfp Posts: 32 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Full fat and whole milk jogurts like Fage or Siggi's, Egg's, Oatmeal.
  • Anna_137
    Anna_137 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Diet soda,
    Sugar Free Jello,
    Chicken

• deviousme7
    deviousme7 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Chicken
    Salmon
    Quinoa
  • ssin658
    ssin658 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Bananas, tuna and chicken :)
  • CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,750 Member
    Options
    Snack size fruit and vegetables - eg cherry tomatoes, mini cucumbers, mini peppers, clementines, fun size apples. I'm much more likely to eat it if it's cute and easy to grab. I'm just a big kid really.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I don't have any particular "weight loss" foods; it wasn't until I stopped having that mindset, that I could finally manage my weight. Now I eat anything I like, and I like most foods - in fact, not worrying about not "eaing right", has made me more adventurous and willing to try new foods and stop compulsively overeating, and a healthy diet is a varied diet and appropriate amounts.

I think she meant foods that you eat very often and/or foods that keep your hunger in check, but yes, I totally agree.

I have really tried hard to think through what I base my diet around, but I can't, because I eat like I said, I eat almost everything :p That's a way of eating that seems to keep me satisfied - not just mentally, from the variety in taste, colors, etc - I have noticed that whenever I eat something new or something I haven't had for a while, I tend to feel more full for the same amount of food. Like my body really liked the different range of nutrition I just gave it.
  • MelodyMomof2
    MelodyMomof2 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I don't buy specifically diet foods. I buy for my whole family, and we all eat the same things. I just eat less of it. I do try to make healthy choices, but that's not saying we eat 100% healthy all the time. Some things that I do buy every week are:
    chicken breasts
    potatoes (white and sweet)
    various veggies (fresh and steam in bag frozen)
    milk
    eggs
    various fruit (almost always bananas and some type of berries)
  • tmoede56258
    tmoede56258 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt, ground turkey and almond milk. Three things I can't do without!! I've found that most recipes turn out healthy and tasty if I replace unhealthy ingredients for these. ALSO THEY TASTE BETTER!! Greek yogurt is a great to-go snack that helps me hit my protein goal and fills me up. Almond milk tastes better than regular milk too! Yum! Favorite items for sure. Oranges are another one I love. I found that since I have to peel them, it's easier for me to recognize if I'm bored or if I'm actually hungry
  • crvynatrlbeauty
    crvynatrlbeauty Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Yoplait Greek 100 Whip - Strawberry Cheesecake, Salted Caramel, Vanilla Cupcake
    Dippin' Stix - Apples w/ Caramel
    Bolthouse Farms Fruit Smoothies - MOST of the Flavors :smile:
    Chicken
    Tilapia

... that's what I buy the most of ...
  • 2wise4u
    2wise4u Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt and Belvita breakfast bars
  • kelly1142
    kelly1142 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Avocado, chicken sausage, and broccoli
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    The stuff I use frequently is generally bought in quantities which last more than a week. I go through breakfast burrito and pizza components at a high rate.
  • shortiequinn
    shortiequinn Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I'm surprised with the amount of 'Diet Soda' I see on here. No judgement at all, really just surprised. I drink about a can a day and even more when I'm at work. I know there are healthier options but not too many 0 calorie drinks satisfy the cravings.
  • mme1127
    mme1127 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Every week I'm sure to include:
    Spinach
    Ground turkey
    Bottled water
  • andrea4736
    andrea4736 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Eggs
    Cheese