Motivation, Success and Frustration Sharing!

Replies

• ShyCush6
    ShyCush6 Posts: 951 Member
    Rachel: I’ve always been a busy body… I need something going on… I don’t like too much lazy home time. Although I succeeded last weekend with it! ;) Way to get on the roster!! Best of luck to you girl!! Your pole class sounds like a great workout!

Diva: Welcome sugar addict!! I’m right there with you!!

Jdelaroy: Shake it off… today is a new day! Hope the migraine is better. It can’t be easy to care for a parent, especially not your own. Hope you get a much needed break and hope things get better!

Nicole: Glad I can inspire… I sure am trying! You got it.. that is a great NSV! LOL! Happy pump day! Woot!

Joy: I am so hoping for warmer weather soon! Looking forward to the manicure… Hopes I can do it this weekend!! 5 lbs! Sweet! I wish I was that close to wonderland!! You can do it girl! And find a great reward.. you will have earned it! Wow woman! A workout and 12 hours!! You are superwoman!! I’d be dead… Your memes are the best! LOL! Love them!

So last night I ate good, nothing to exciting. Hitting the gym again with Lexi tonight! Hoping for a good burn! Nothing new to report! Still on verge of a good eating day today. I did get into cookie dough last night, but only a small bit of it, all good!
  • ShyCush6
    Donuts, Cake, Wine, Beer, PIZZA! Gahhhhh!

20oiyaji02l8.png
  • ShyCush6
    Not sure if you all have the high winds, but it is brutal here is Wisconsin... Day 3 already... enough!
    ueq2he7q3g58.jpg
  • PhedraJD
    PhedraJD Posts: 1,392 Member
    @ngolden3320 Did you make it through the day? Hopefully, you got a great work out. I think BF's mom might be better in a home, but the BF wants to keep her with him as long as possible. I understand it, but some days are super hard.

@bluepoppies777 Thanks, I really do try and be as nice as possible to her. I love yoga, wish I could find a class I could make it too. 12 hours, I remember those days. I hated 12 hour shifts.

Shycush6 I love cookie dough, good job making it fit into your macros. I would have eaten it all. I am sure Lexi gave you a good challenge.

I got home from work, and the BF locked me out of my bedroom. Our key has been lost *We keep it on the door frame above the door. It was gone. So, I was stuck in the living room for the evening. (Ugh) I just watched tv and didn't say anything. Even when she dumped dog food all over the kitchen floor because she decided he needed more than a half a bowl of food. I survived. Made all my goals yesterday. Woo hoo! Today, I have brought the puppy with me to work. He has a vet appt after work. So right now I have a sleeping dog at my feet.
  • Rachel0778
    Rachel0778 Posts: 1,701 Member
    @jdelaroy Why'd he lock you out of your bedroom? Have you been able to locate the key? Sleeping puppies make everything better :) Great job hitting your goals amidst the chaos. I'm glad the scale responded! You're so close to onderland!

@ShyCush6 Only eating a bit of cookie dough is a big accomplishment, that is totally my kryptonite! I had to laugh at your body type meme! That is totally me! If I gave up sweets I'd be much leaner....but it is soooo not worth it!

@bluepoppies777 Sorry that the yoga class wasn't your jam. Hopefully you can fit in some spinning this week! I always thought I hated working out, but really I just hated standard exercises (biking, running, group fitness classes, etc). It wasn't until I found non-traditional sports (Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, Boxing, Derby) that I finally realized how awesome exercise could be! I'm glad you found something you love!

@ngolden3320 So sorry to hear the week is so stressful. I hate having to overcompensate for slow coworkers. Hopefully you're able to carve out some time for yourself this weekend!

Welcome @selectdiva, keep posting!

I was so tired last night I fell asleep at 8:30! My dog was being such a cuddler it was so relaxing. After 10 hours of sleep I woke up before my alarm with enough time to fit in a morning walk for him :) Today I've got my last derby practice before the big game, eek! I'm excited but nervous. Work has been slow this week since students are on Spring break. It's kind of nice so I can take a breather before all the intense socializing of this weekend. I hope everyone has a great day!
  • ShyCush6
    Jdelaroy: So jealous… I’d love to bring my dog to work! I think the workplace would be so much better if everyone could! That’d be awesome! My dog sleeps all day anyway! Sorry you were locked out, but way to make the best of it.

Rachel: I love cookie dough! We keep it in the freezer and hardly ever bake cookies anymore! ;) I totally agree… I sometimes see these skinny girls walk by and I’m always say to myself… I bet she hasn’t ate a cookie in years! LOL! It’s not always worth it! =) Sounds like you had a great night!

Well I didn’t make it to the gym. Lexi and I ran all over town picking up applications for her this summer and spent the night filling them out and she did her homework too! I did get in a elliptical workout and then we watched Survivor… Anyone else a fan? I’m cheering for Malcolm… I liked him the last time.. Although I have a lot of them I liked previously… Been working on my water today! Had a high sodium dinner and trying to flush it out! ;) Have a great day ladies!
  • ngolden3320
    ngolden3320 Posts: 360 Member
    Shy. I used it I b a survivor fan but haven't watched in a couple of seasons. I saw on the commercial a bunch of people I like before so I think I will watch on demand this weekend. Yeah Lexi looking for her first job. Cassidy has been at Bob Evans almost two months. She likes it but is going to quit every Saturday morning when she has to be there at 8:30. Very windy here in Ohio yesterday. Buddy has those big ears and I thought the wind would catch them just right and he would be gone.

@jdelaroy. Arnt u lucky get to bring puppy to work with you. Hope thing get better soon with ur BF mom. Fingers crossed

Rachel. Good luck this weekend. You will kick *kitten* I'm sure.

Joy. Not a big fan of yoga either. But I like ur workout meme that is me. Lol

So it is almost Friday and I haven't hurt anyone yet so almost a win. My neck and should started hurting yesterday from Sunday's border removal and today I woke up and it hurts so bad I can't turn my head to the right. Cassidy's room will have to wait until next weekend or I won't b able to move at all so tonight hubby wanted ice cream instead if more dinner so of course u couldn't let him have some without me. What is written by with me. I am really have by a hard time getting back on track. Everyone enjoy your evenings.
  • jenny5344
    jenny5344 Posts: 1 Member
    Hi everyone! I would love to be a part of this group! Personally I have about 80lbs to lose and 33.6 lbs to lose in order to be over weight, but not obese! I've been really motivated and eating cleaner than I ever have my entire life (paleo). In the last 7 days I have lost 4.6lbs which I know is a lot but I have a lot to lose and it's probably mostly water weight but nevertheless still exciting! I know the time will come when my weight loss will slow down and I may get discouraged so I look forward to staying motivated by reading all of your stories!
  • ngolden3320
    Jenny5344. Welcome to the group. Check in and post often. This is the best place for encouragement or just when u need someone to listen. We have all been there so we get it.
  • janetay01
    janetay01 Posts: 1,298 Member
    @jenny5344 - welcome! Come back and post often :) I should take that advice myself right now!!

One day, I will get back on track and catch up with everything that is going on here. Not sure what my problem is right now - I started the year so well and it's all just gone to bits as I've lost my focus. Had a lovely few days off doing bits and pieces round the house and went out for dinner with my husband on Sunday - lovely and we realised part way through the meal that it was 15 years almost to the day since we first met...so that justified another glass of wine! Going out for a meal tonight with a couple of girlfriends - 3 mums let loose for the evening - yikes! going to try and make some sensible decisions tonight regarding food and drink but it's just one more thing to manage alongside my complete lack of discipline.

Anyway, hope the week has treated you all well and have good weekends lined up.
  • ngolden3320
    Janetay01. When u say 3 mums letting loose for the evening the movie bad moms popped into my head. I hope u have as much fun as they did in that movie.
  • CallaLilyNess
    CallaLilyNess Posts: 32 Member
    @Rachel-I have always wanted to go pole dancing! Too bad we don't live closer so we could go together. Heard it's an awesome workout.

@ngolden- I 100% understand hating your coworkers. I actually just left my retail job because the stress of the job and my coworkers were ruining my life. Congrats on not murdering anyone!

@shy- I have no idea how you stay so motivated. Also, love, love, love survivor! Malcom is amazing! Beautiful piece of man too! Lol.

@selectdiva- My biggest downfall is stress eating. Many, many times I can't identify that's what I'm doing. It's not so black in white (black being eating all the junk food ever and white being healthy eating all the way). I function on always hungry. People ask me, "You wanna eat?" The answer is always hell yes. I'm slowly working on getting my body to calm down and get used to not eating a horse for breakfast, lunch, dinner and every snack. I feel your pain.

Last night was the first night in a very long time I could breathe and even my DF said he could tell the moment I walked through the door that I felt lighter. I left my retail job yesterday. It was completely destroying me. It was a hostile environment to be in. I've never worked in an environment where the manager broke policies and verbally abused us when she was in a bad mood. I will eventually start looking for something else, but after all of that I need to focus on me and get to feeling better. On another note, we were bad last night and ordered Papa John's. I'm gonna try to go out on a walk. Am I the only one here that feels like exercise is the bane of my existence?? It's so damn boring!!
  • Rachel0778
    @CallaLilyNess If you have a pole studio near you I definitely recommend it! I used to hate exercise until I started doing things outside of the box. Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, Boxing, Pole Dancing, Roller Derby etc. None of these feel like exercise because I'm so focused on learning new things and having fun. Keep trying new things until something clicks!

@janetay01 Congrats on 15 years together! I hope you have a great time out with your girlfriends, please tell us all about it!

Welcome @jenny5344! Please keep posting!

@ngolden3320 Sorry to hear about your neck! It's hard to get back on track during stressful times. I hope you're able to carve out some time to regenerate among all the stress

@ShyCush6 I hope Lexi finds a great summer job! Great job fitting in the elliptical at home. I'm so jealous, I wish I had one so I could sneak in quick workouts too.

HAPPY FRIDAY!!!! My SO and I have literally spent 2 hours together since last Wednesday so we are carving out some time tonight for a date night (much needed!). I also have to pack for our derby away game since we are leaving at 10am on Saturday, eek! I'm hoping I don't have to keep up 5 hours of small talk in the car so I can relax and maybe get some reading in on the way. Hope you all have wonderful weekends!
  • Rachel0778
    xph312ravu9z.jpg

(How I'm feeling right now)
  • ngolden3320
    uytheiu2za95.png
  • ShyCush6
    Nicole: I do like that I know most of the players. I haven’t watched all seasons… became a fan probably 5 years ago… Lexi loved watching it with me… still does! Yes, she said she wants a real job! I don’t take working at a daycare or a nanny as not a real job but she wants to whole interview, working with friends… I get it. Shake off the ice cream… today is a new day! Hope your neck and shoulder feel better!

Welcome Jenny!

Janetay: Have a great time tonight! Sounds awesome!! My girls weekend is 4 weeks away!! Yes, I am counting down! Congrats on 15 years! What a great realization and worth another bottle of wine! LOL!

Calla: ohhh! A Malcolm fan!! Love! I didn’t watch the seasons Sandra won, but if she keeps referring to herself as the queen… I hope she is next off… ;) And another pizza fan... Love! I actually like going on a treadmill, elliptical, etc… just to get some me time and watch whatever the hell I want too. Other exercise… I see where you are coming from!

Rachel: Have a great date night!! What ya got planned? Hopefully you grab some me time on the car ride, if not there, at least home!! Good luck! You will do awesome!!

So I’m kind of disappointed with yesterday… I worked 10 hours… then basically came home and turned right around and went to the wrestling banquet for Lexi. There had quite the array of food and I was good and just grabbed a few small things… But it went on for hours… I expected to be home by 8-8:30 and get in a workout… nope… a lil after 9:30… ugh! I was not doing anything at that point… so no workout yesterday. Luckily the scale didn’t go up… it didn’t go down either, so I guess that is a win? Ugh! Oh well… on to next week!! I did get in a nice 700 cal burn this morning! Felt great… but as I was exercising… the first 5 min, I felt like a Exercise Queen, 10 min.. Lord, I’m dying… 20 min… I’ve got this!!! 30-40 min… You feel awesome… Know you rocked it!! So note to self… keep pushing!! Now to behave all weekend. I have Lexi so I doubt I will have much if any alcohol! That will help right there! Have a great weekend!!
  • ShyCush6
  • ShyCush6
    This is so me with cookie dough around... I know I shouldn't but damn it is tempting!

2easasogp2z8.gif
  • bluepoppies777
    bluepoppies777 Posts: 438 Member
    We made it to FRIDAY!!!

Shy - I'm in love with cookie dough right now, thanks to you! LOL!! Last night I had to put myself to bed at 8:30 or I would have eaten a dozen cookies I'm sure. Gah!! I also have thought when I see skinny people "you'd be a lot happier if you just ate a cheeseburger!" LOL! What is with mean skinny people? They are obviously hungry! haha! Hope you have a fun weekend with Lexi. I'm sure you guys will get up to tons of fun stuff.

Rachel - I hope you have a fab time this weekend! Date night sounds awesome, and good luck tomorrow with your first away game. We are all rooting for you! I say be yourself, and if you want to read on the way there, just read!

Nic - hope your neck is feeling a lot better soon, that is painful! Get hubs to get the paint and start rolling on the next room. LOL! Don't worry about that ice cream, sometimes we just need a treat. (maybe not the whole container though). I'm guilty of that for sure!

Jane - Sounds like a fun weekend for you too. That's funny, I thought of the bad mom's movie too! Wild moms on the loose! I've definitely been part of that pack before - haha! Makes for good memories with friends, that's for sure. And 15 years is nothing to sneeze at! You've already gone through the 7 year itch twice! LOL! Once I jokingly threatened my hubs about the 7 year itch (around year 6) and he said "pppfffff, it's now called the 3 year itch and we're well past that!" So good for you guys. :)

well, I'm happy to report that I lost a lb this week, so that is 4 of 7 lbs by the end of March - right on track. That wasn't easy though, I worked out 5 days and was really trying. Going to really try to behave this weekend. That is how I stalled for ages, behaving during the week, but then un-doing everything on the weekends. SIGH! I wish it wasn't so hard! I had a girl's overnight trip planned for Saturday with friends: spa, swimming, dinner out and hotel. But people are sick and it all fell apart. So the ones who aren't sick are just going out for dinner instead. Hope everyone has a great weekend!