30 Day Slimdown Challenge (Starting August 1st)

Options

Replies

• nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    July 15th, Shred #1 & 1/2 of C25K...thunderstorm became a little too close for comfort...LOL
  • kel7298
    kel7298 Posts: 1,542 Member
    Options
    I am currently doing a similar challenge. I go ahead and do circuit 2 so I dont have to stop and forward the dvd, but that just me.

Good Luck everyone!
  • JustBreathe418
    JustBreathe418 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tip kel7298! That's a really good idea.
  • RubyRed1999
    RubyRed1999 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    This sound very interesting. I'll finish 30DS on August 4th but I could do this with it.
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Day #1, July 15th, Shred #1 & 1/2 of C25K
    Day #2, July 16th, Shred #1...186 calories

I vote the F4 is a good choice for a HRM as well...

I've decided to take picture today and see if there is a big difference at the end of the month. I took measurements yesterday and officially weigh-in.

Is anyone else starting now? Let the games begin....
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Day #1, July 15th, Shred #1...182 calories & 1/2 of C25K
    Day #3, July 18th, NMTZ...437 calories & W5D3 of C25K later when it cools off

I forgot how brutal the plank circuit is!!! But, I got thru it!!!
  • coquetona
    coquetona Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Day #1, July 15th, Shred #1...182 calories & 1/2 of C25K
    Day #3, July 18th, NMTZ...437 calories & W5D3 of C25K later when it cools off

I forgot how brutal the plank circuit is!!! But, I got thru it!!!

WTG! It sounds like you will be starting us all off! Keep up the great work!
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Thanks, I just was ready to get started. I took pictures, my weight and measurements at the beginning...so, when I hit day 30, I can post and hopefully have dramatic, gorgeous results to inspire everyone :drinker:

I just bought Ripped in 30...the cover even looks scary!! :noway:
  • chi88
    chi88 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I am new to MFP and would like a challenge to really jump start my workouts. I have tried the 30 day shred in the past but never completed it. I was actually thinking about giving it a try again. I think this mix of workouts will really keep me interested because I don't like doing the same workouts everyday.
  • kel7298
    kel7298 Posts: 1,542 Member
    Options
    I just bought Ripped in 30...the cover even looks scary!! :noway:

I personally loved it! Then again, I am a big fan of hers.
  • BeckyJill7
    BeckyJill7 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    Ok- I've done a couple of these and really like them. I think it's about time I join another one. I never lose much weight but I do lose inches. Make sure to track inches or you'll get frustrated :) I learned the hard way.

I will probably start early but I'm glad to have found this group.
  • jamie78
    jamie78 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    bump
  • gforcex4
    gforcex4 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I have all of her videos as well & am SO ready for this. Need the motivation so was looking for a good group to join for August & glad I found it! I'm actually going to start tonight because if I put it off until August 1st then I just know I won't start at all...LOL! I'm also doing another round of C25K training so will incorporate that in there. So measurements & first round tonight!!
    Good luck to you all & I'll share progress tomorrow!
  • nisijam5
    Options
    July 15th, Shred #1...182 calories
    July 16th, Shred #1...186 calories
    July 18th, NMTZ...437 calories
    July 18th Shred #1...184 calories

I drank a bottle of wine last night and now I have to do BFBM...funny, how I like this one better the NMTZ

I haven't been able to do the C25K, the weather outside is brutal :frown:
  • BeckyJill7
    BeckyJill7 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    July 15th, Shred #1...182 calories
    July 16th, Shred #1...186 calories
    July 18th, NMTZ...437 calories
    July 18th Shred #1...184 calories

I drank a bottle of wine last night and now I have to do BFBM...funny, how I like this one better the NMTZ

I haven't been able to do the C25K, the weather outside is brutal :frown:

Way to get it girl!! Wine is on my menu tonight :) Guys' night out means chic tv and wine for me :)
    Keep up the good work lady!
  • nisijam5
    Options
    July 15th, Shred #1...182 cals
    July 16th, Shred #1...186 cals
    July 18th, NMTZ...437 cals
    July 19th Shred #1...184 cals
    July 20th, BFBM...440 cals

Thanks for the encouragement BeckyJill....Enjoy the girls' night in~!
  • coquetona
    coquetona Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    July 15th, Shred #1...182 cals
    July 16th, Shred #1...186 cals
    July 18th, NMTZ...437 cals
    July 19th Shred #1...184 cals
    July 20th, BFBM...440 cals

Thanks for the encouragement BeckyJill....Enjoy the girls' night in~!

Thanks for starting us all off! You are doing great!

I'm still working through Ripped in 30 but I have decided to also add two circuits from NMTZ into the mix too. I want some additional ab and butt work since those are the areas that need the most work.

I can't wait to start the slimdown!
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Thanks coquetona...I am trying to set a good example...well, except for the wine...

Tomorrow is QTZ, I've decided that I am going to alternate even and odd sets...I think I will start with odds since the next day is a rest day...I really don't like the NMTZ...I much like cardio better.

Oh, I just bought the Ripped in 30 yesterday *wooo hooo*
  • kmalcer
    kmalcer Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi Everyone-

So I am one of those people who workout hard for a month and dont see super dramatic results and then I quit....I have almost all of JM videos and love them just have a hard time finding time to do them. I have 2 babies at home (4 & 3) and they really dont give me time to do anything. I have decided that I am going to start getting up at 5 am before work and do my video and then do one at night when the kids are sleeping as well.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to do this faster. I have had the last 6 months to lose 25-30 pounds and now I only have 37 days until my best friends wedding.....HELP!!!!!
  • Nikki_is_Knotty
    Nikki_is_Knotty Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a good plan!! I only have 30 DS and i am still a bit heavy to do that very often, I'll work on doing that more often tho!! Good luck with your month!