New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »
    Guys.
    Enlightened will be releasing seven MORE flavors.

hhme1hjhfjxw.png

I'm hoping Giant eventually gets more of the flavors!

I went to another Giant today & bought more of the Peanut Butter & one of the Triple Chocolate & Mint before it went back up in price.

I really want to try the Birthday Cake, Bananas Fosters, & Red Velvet Cake.

I'm hoping they soon revamp the Organic section ice cream (where Halo Top is kept at) because they were completely wiped out at the second Giant I visited & the first had no ice cream in the organic section whatsoever.

I don't know what it is with Giant but I've gone to two different ones near my house and they both have the least exciting flavors and not really that many of them even stocked! I definitely rely on Shoprite when I stock up on these. Also, add cold brew coffee to that list unless you hate coffee. Trust me, you'll be very thankful you did! I thought I wouldn't care for that one but it's seriously incredible.

I'm thinking that since it's new to Giant they got some of the pretty basic flavors & if it sells decently then they'll add more flavors to the lineup. Or at least I'm hoping that's what will happen.

Have you found the Edy's new frozen yogurt flavor?

I was excited when I went to the Grocery Outlet & saw they had Talenti for $1.99 until I read the label & it was Oatmeal Raisin Cookie. Blech. They had a crapton of the Edy's Slow Churned Luscious Red Velvet Cake for around $0.99.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Guys.
    Enlightened will be releasing seven MORE flavors.

hhme1hjhfjxw.png

I'm hoping Giant eventually gets more of the flavors!

I went to another Giant today & bought more of the Peanut Butter & one of the Triple Chocolate & Mint before it went back up in price.

I really want to try the Birthday Cake, Bananas Fosters, & Red Velvet Cake.

I'm hoping they soon revamp the Organic section ice cream (where Halo Top is kept at) because they were completely wiped out at the second Giant I visited & the first had no ice cream in the organic section whatsoever.

I don't know what it is with Giant but I've gone to two different ones near my house and they both have the least exciting flavors and not really that many of them even stocked! I definitely rely on Shoprite when I stock up on these. Also, add cold brew coffee to that list unless you hate coffee. Trust me, you'll be very thankful you did! I thought I wouldn't care for that one but it's seriously incredible.

I'm thinking that since it's new to Giant they got some of the pretty basic flavors & if it sells decently then they'll add more flavors to the lineup. Or at least I'm hoping that's what will happen.

Have you found the Edy's new frozen yogurt flavor?

I was excited when I went to the Grocery Outlet & saw they had Talenti for $1.99 until I read the label & it was Oatmeal Raisin Cookie. Blech. They had a crapton of the Edy's Slow Churned Luscious Red Velvet Cake for around $0.99.

Are you talking about Edy's new Red Velvet frozen yogurt? Unfortunately I have not seen it anywhere, but I'm DYING to!!! I love Edy's!

Also, The Bagel Shop sent me the ingredients pdf and said that was the closest thing to nutritional information they had so I guess I was mislead but I can't be upset because they're beautiful and I wasn't expecting it to be available originally. I'll probably log 400-500 calories per bagel and call it a day.

I tried the Spinach Parmesan Cragel tonight (not sure if cragel is a croissant bagel or what) and for not being a huge parmesan person myself (and my mother not being a huge spinach person) we both loved it! VERY fresh, flavorful, and had a spicy kick to it! I was expecting it to be 3/5 but it's a solid 5/5. Not sure what I would have put on it, perhaps Einstein Bro's Jalapeno Salsa Cream Cheese Spread would have been great but I wasn't expecting that much heat!
    I'll hopefully be trying the rainbow/cotton candy bagels tomorrow with my boyfriend, I promised him I'd wait :)

lz5kg01ps99r.jpg
  • cocates
    cocates Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I bought this so whatever...

31325652806_851ab8728f_z.jpg?resize=640%2C453&ssl=1

Yogurt is again a watery, bland disappointment. Mix-ins are good but still not enough to save it. Never again, lol.

Agreed. Tried that flavor along with the toasted coconut and carrot cake. All watery. Toppings add nice crunch. Def not worth the cals.

• shinycrazy
    shinycrazy Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options
    patceoh wrote: »
    Where do you all buy Enlightened ice cream? Only places listed in Ohio has crisps only.Booo
    I need ice cream!

Yes! I'm in Cinci. One cannot live on Graeter's alone (without being rounder, LOL).
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    shinycrazy wrote: »
    patceoh wrote: »
    Where do you all buy Enlightened ice cream? Only places listed in Ohio has crisps only.Booo
    I need ice cream!

Yes! I'm in Cinci. One cannot live on Graeter's alone (without being rounder, LOL).

I wish we had Graeter's! The Cheese Crown ice cream (I think that's the name) sounds awesome.
  • Strawblackcat
    Strawblackcat Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    Tried a cotton candy bagel and then had half the rainbow bagel tonight from the Bagel Shop!
    Cotton Candy Bagel - Those who have tried these bagels and cautioned me that they weren't anything special and a waste of money... I should have listened to you. Did not taste like cotton candy at all, was hardly even that sweet. As much as I wanted it to taste like cotton candy, not even my own forceful thinking could pick up. Unlike the cragels, these were tougher. These tasted like they were going stale a little, perhaps because they were in my fridge for a few days.
    Rainbow Bagel - Pretty much the same thing as the Cotton Candy Bagel, except it was a little sweeter. A little. I read somewhere they taste like vanilla/cereal, but honestly it was just a slightly sweeter plain bagel. The colors are fun, but for the price you'd think they would have flavored it better.

Overall, The Bagel Shop's bagels were a 2/5 while their cragels were a 3.5-5/5, depending on the flavor. Glad I tried them as they're beautiful, but I'd never pay for them again.
    kuo2g4t42909.jpg

How much did they cost?
  • Strawblackcat
    Strawblackcat Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    So, I tried the Quest Cinnamon protein powder last night. I really, really liked it! The cinnamon taste was really forward (which I like, since I love cinnamon so much -- I'll sometimes eat the really good ground cinnamon by itself) but it wasn't drying or cloying, like how some cinnamon-flavored things are. The thing that surprised me the most was that this flavor has crunchies in it. At first, I thought that it was clumping, but I realized that they were crunchy bits after I started eating it. I like to make my protein powders into faux "puddings" by mixing them with a minimal amount of water and eating it with a spoon, so I really liked the crunchy bits. Made it more like a bowl of cinnamon cereal.

8\10
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Tried a cotton candy bagel and then had half the rainbow bagel tonight from the Bagel Shop!
    Cotton Candy Bagel - Those who have tried these bagels and cautioned me that they weren't anything special and a waste of money... I should have listened to you. Did not taste like cotton candy at all, was hardly even that sweet. As much as I wanted it to taste like cotton candy, not even my own forceful thinking could pick up. Unlike the cragels, these were tougher. These tasted like they were going stale a little, perhaps because they were in my fridge for a few days.
    Rainbow Bagel - Pretty much the same thing as the Cotton Candy Bagel, except it was a little sweeter. A little. I read somewhere they taste like vanilla/cereal, but honestly it was just a slightly sweeter plain bagel. The colors are fun, but for the price you'd think they would have flavored it better.

Overall, The Bagel Shop's bagels were a 2/5 while their cragels were a 3.5-5/5, depending on the flavor. Glad I tried them as they're beautiful, but I'd never pay for them again.
    kuo2g4t42909.jpg

Honestly I'm surprised they even ship them. Bagels get stale fast. They're probably tastier when they are fresh.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options

kuo2g4t42909.jpg

How much did they cost?
    $3.95 per bagel and then $15.65 for shipping, which I split with three other people in my family so it wasn't too bad with them wanting to try some bagels too!

Francl27 wrote: »

kuo2g4t42909.jpg

Honestly I'm surprised they even ship them. Bagels get stale fast. They're probably tastier when they are fresh.

I agree, the cragels were very fresh and soft and I had them sooner so I should have done the same with the bagels but didn't really think about it and it's not healthy to sit down and eat 5+ bagels in one night xD I'm surprised they didn't ship with any care or freezing instructions
  • MayaSPapaya
    MayaSPapaya Posts: 735 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    2i20avs.png

These are really good! Very tropical tasting, and 3 grams of fiber in 80 calories is a good deal in my opinion.

Also, Cliff bars are no stranger to me, but the other day I had the idea to heat up the Chocolate Brownie flavor in the microwave for 15 seconds, and OMG why have I never done that before. Makes it even better.
  • Fuzzipeg
    Fuzzipeg Posts: 2,298 Member
    Options
    UK. Mc Vitie's Digestive Thins, three chocolate flavours with 31apx calories per biscuit,(31 for dark choc), crisp to bite. wish they also did a chocolate free version. Found at Tesco's
  • fitmom4lifemfp
    fitmom4lifemfp Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    arya8 wrote: »
    I just got the Kroger flyer and at least at our Kroger (Detroit area) they have Halo Top on sale for 3.49 if you buy 5. You can mix and match with Ben and Jerry's or Talenti gelato.

I did that last night. Never bought 5 pints of ice cream at once, in my life. :#
  • fitmom4lifemfp
    Options
    How is enlighteneds bday cake compared to halo tops bday cake? Cuz I love love halo tops. I just tried enlightened oatmeal caramel cookie thought it was pretty good with all the cookie chunks

I threw out my pint of Halo Top birthday cake. I thought it was awful. Have never tried Enlightened as it is not sold here.
  • fitmom4lifemfp
    Options
    I really liked this one! It's the only one of the cereal bars I've tried, but I was impressed. It WAS very sweet, but if you're a fan of maple syrup/waffles, I think you'll like it. Have you ever tried those Golden Grahams milk and cereal bars? Think like that, but small/better macros/no chocolate.

I love Golden Grahams, but the Quest Waffle bar doesn't even resemble that taste. My BF is a waffle and syrup freak, and he thought it was disgusting. However the Cinnamon Roll one was great!
  • arya8
    arya8 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I just got the Kroger flyer and at least at our Kroger (Detroit area) they have Halo Top on sale for 3.49 if you buy 5. You can mix and match with Ben and Jerry's or Talenti gelato.

I did that last night. Never bought 5 pints of ice cream at once, in my life. :#

Awesome! I still haven't done it since we have power outage for the last four days! If it comes back by tomorrow I'll go.
    jenilla1 wrote: »
    Those Green Giant vegetable crumble things. I think they have frozen ones, but I used fresh. I was feeling too lazy to chop all the vegetables for dinner, so used these to make my potsticker noodle bowls. You could use them in stir fry, egg rolls, spring rolls, etc. Anywhere you need finely chopped stuff. Awesome!

g9hf81g9fnfv.jpg

My favourite thing!! I use it as rice so now I can eat orange chicken and actually feel full after! So good.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options

Welcome to the club!