Ask and/or answer the opposite sex... Likes, dislikes, advice, gift ideas, hye, etc

Options
JstTheWayIam
JstTheWayIam Posts: 6,357 Member
Ask a question for the opposite sex... Or answer any questions asked of the opposite sex...

Question:

Would you rather your SO just go buy you the new FITBIT (You already have the older model) ... Or take you shopping and let you pick out clothes, shoes whatever you want?

Replies

• Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    Gift cards are great.
    Personally I prefer shopping alone 'cause I don't like to feel like people are waiting around for me to decide (I can take a long time :) )
    Lots of girls seem to like to shop with other people tho, so keep that in mind too, your SO may want company and or an opinion (hard to say :) )
  • JstTheWayIam
    Options
    Good advice... I figured it was best to just take her shopping so she could get whatever she wants but it sort of kills the surprise you know...

This helps, now I don't feel inconsiderate
  • JstTheWayIam
    Options
    jtegirl1 wrote: »
    Maybe pick out something small to wrap and surprise, something you know she'd like. A book, CD, DVD, her favorite perfume/scent of body wash/lotion etc. Then take her shopping.

Yeah thats a pretty good idea, probably going to go with it... Many thanks!
  • dpwellman
    dpwellman Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    Gift cards are sub-optimal: took money that was good everywhere and made it good only somewhere. Better be a pretty good somewhere. . .

Speaking of gifts, I was planning on sending birthday cookies to a friend of mine (by friend, I mean friend), but not wanting to sabotage her fitness goals (they're not entirely unhealthy). So, what now? Sending a box of Quest bars seems so impersonal.
  • Vikka_V
    Options
    dpwellman wrote: »
    Gift cards are sub-optimal: took money that was good everywhere and made it good only somewhere. Better be a pretty good somewhere. . .

Speaking of gifts, I was planning on sending birthday cookies to a friend of mine (by friend, I mean friend), but not wanting to sabotage her fitness goals (they're not entirely unhealthy). So, what now? Sending a box of Quest bars seems so impersonal.

I think cookies are fine. Anyone can sabotage their own efforts with or without tempting treats.
    It is a kind gesture, and a good choice, not too personal for a "friend" friend
  • Chadxx
    Chadxx Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    My wife loves gift cards because she loves to shop and can pick out exactly what she wants. For that matter, I love gift cards myself . There are many things that I would much rather pick out myself. I will also save them up for large purchases.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options

I have enough (too much) gear already; give me an experience.

without pants
  • JstTheWayIam
    Options
    The man cave thread was still better. Even a pig attests it.

I agree but the authorities disagree unfortunately, shocked I'm not behind bars right now lol
  • JstTheWayIam
    Options
    OK ladies, many thanks. Here's another question, and all previous questions are still of course, up for discussion as well...

Question: Rank these SO traits in order of importance to you...

Work Ethic
    Confidence
    Kindness
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Ask a question for the opposite sex... Or answer any questions asked of the opposite sex...

Question:

Would you rather your SO just go buy you the new FITBIT (You already have the older model) ... Or take you shopping and let you pick out clothes, shoes whatever you want?

Take me shopping I guess- but not necessarily for clothes or shoes. Maybe a book store or antique store.
    OK ladies, many thanks. Here's another question, and all previous questions are still of course, up for discussion as well...

Work Ethic
    Confidence
    Kindness

Kindness, work ethic, confidence I guess.

• Pamela_43
    Pamela_43 Posts: 315 Member
    Options

I have sent edible fruit arrangements to people I know who are dieting, but cookies are always welcome :) Last week a little girl scout told us cookies are fine, if you just eat one a day you wont have to go to the gym. LOL. Smart little sales girl.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options

The edibile arrangement is sweet. Or go to a nice bakery and get a nice gourmet cupcake. Sometimes its awesome to have one really great splurge but not a whole box.
  • LittleHearseDriver
    LittleHearseDriver Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    jtegirl1 wrote: »
    Exactly! Usually cash gets put in my wallet and spent on regular stuff during errands. A gift card to a specific store will make me go to that store when I normally wouldn't splurge on myself.

I'm guilty of this too. Amazon or Old time Pottery gift cards are best way to go for me.
    Rank these SO traits in order of importance to you...

Work Ethic
    Confidence
    Kindness

Kindness
    Work Ethic
    Confidence
  • JstTheWayIam
    Options
    Favorite type of clothes and hair style on a guy?
  • Vikka_V
    Options

Work Ethic
    Confidence
    Kindness

kindness - for sure, #1 personality trait to me
    work ethic
    confidence