Ask and/or answer the opposite sex... Likes, dislikes, advice, gift ideas, hye, etc

Options

Replies

• Pamela_43
    Pamela_43 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    Favorite type of clothes and hair style on a guy?
    This one is hard, my answers will differ from person to person

- clothes that fit right
    - casual with a bit of personality reflecting the individual

- hair that is clean and tidy (purposely tousled hair if fine), well groomed
    - bald, short or longer is fine, as long as it is well groomed (not gonna lie, I am jealous of many men's hair)

This ^^^
  • pattyreyes85
    pattyreyes85 Posts: 9 Member
    Options

dpwellman wrote: »
    Gift cards are sub-optimal: took money that was good everywhere and made it good only somewhere. Better be a pretty good somewhere. . .

Speaking of gifts, I was planning on sending birthday cookies to a friend of mine (by friend, I mean friend), but not wanting to sabotage her fitness goals (they're not entirely unhealthy). So, what now? Sending a box of Quest bars seems so impersonal.

LOL quest bars would be impersonal. Maybe send her an edible arrangement...different fruit variety and still brightens her day.

• pattyreyes85
    pattyreyes85 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Ask a question for the opposite sex... Or answer any questions asked of the opposite sex...

Question:

Would you rather your SO just go buy you the new FITBIT (You already have the older model) ... Or take you shopping and let you pick out clothes, shoes whatever you want?

Since I love my Fitbit and would love the newer model, I would be happy to receive that instead of shopping without a surprise...depends on how bad she wants it.
  • KyleGrace8
    KyleGrace8 Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    Favorite type of clothes and hair style on a guy?

Something clean cut. I only like it long if it's well kept or they have Jon snow hair. I don't like the surfer/emo look. Also not a fan of the one guard buzzed all over look.
    Clothing really just depends on the guy. Well fitted. I lean to a more professional look. Nice suit, fitted sweaters and scarves, slacks. That cliche lumberjack look is sexy. Even highly artsy and different can be sexy if they can rock it. I don't like baggy jeans, ball shorts, over sized jackets, loud colored sneakers or too casual like crocs and Hawaiian shirts and please no camo.
  • JstTheWayIam
    JstTheWayIam Posts: 6,357 Member
    Options
    Another question I thought of... Father types, which do you prefer?

Raised old school... You win some, you lose some, but you always go hard and never ever cry about it...

New school... Everyone is winner, everyone gets a trophy, heck we don't even keep score
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    We were brunching in a restaurant and the table right next to us was a first date.

The girl was dressed up and the guy shows up a little late. Jeans and white tube socks, with sneakers. Their conversation was awkward and he insists to pay but she pays half and then she says she has to go. He asks if they can walk around downtown and she says it's really cold and she has to go.

Felt so bad for the guy. The girl just ran away.

So have you ever run off from a date?

Sounds like a first time meeting face to face and first impression was a no go.

You can always run from a 'date' where you drove yourself and insisted paying your half..
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options

Raised old school... You win some, you lose some, but you always go hard and never ever cry about it...

New school... Everyone is winner, everyone gets a trophy, heck we don't even keep score

I never thought about this before and I don't have kids.

I would say maybe a combination of the two

"You win some, you lose some, but you always go hard" (or try your best, and if you fail you can try again) - agree

"Everyone is winner, everyone gets a trophy, heck we don't even keep score" - I like the idea...but I feel there is something wrong with this thinking, I can't pin point what
  • Vikka_V
    Options
    We were brunching in a restaurant and the table right next to us was a first date.

The girl was dressed up and the guy shows up a little late. Jeans and white tube socks, with sneakers. Their conversation was awkward and he insists to pay but she pays half and then she says she has to go. He asks if they can walk around downtown and she says it's really cold and she has to go.

Felt so bad for the guy. The girl just ran away.

So have you ever run off from a date?

I feel bad for the guy too. Maybe there was something he said or did that you missed that made her want to leave so quickly? Maybe she was upset that he was late? It really bothers some people (myself included).

I have never "run off" on someone. I'd suck it up and endure the awkwardness, but cut it as short as possible. I'd politely and firmly insist that I had to go at the end of the dinner.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,503 Member
    Options

"Everyone is winner, everyone gets a trophy, heck we don't even keep score" - I like the idea...but I feel there is something wrong with this thinking, I can't pin point what

If I may, let me help you with determining what is wrong with the above statement.

I can sum it up in one word; it is: everything
  • RoxieDawn
    Options

Raised Old School..

there was none of this everybody wins in my life ever and certainly not raising my girls.
  • Vikka_V
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »

If I may, let me help you with determining what is wrong with the above statement.

I can sum it up in one word; it is: everything

Thank-you! I knew something about it was kinda wrong...but at the same time it sounds like a nice sentiment.

• JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    That's the sort of question that neither of us would ask. She goes and gets what she wants. We are not wealthy and don't have compulsive shopping mental illnesses. We communicate and she knows what she can get without further discussion and what needs further discussion. I do too.
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    JHamilton6 wrote: »
    Looks like I'm in the minority. I LOVE surprises! The idea that someone put thought into what I'd enjoy then took the time to find it touches me.

I totally agree!!! Well thought out surprises make me weak at the knees!!!!!
  • Xvapor
    Xvapor Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    I feel bad for the girl... she must have felt awkward
  • JstTheWayIam
    Options
    RoxieDawn wrote: »

Raised Old School..

there was none of this everybody wins in my life ever and certainly not raising my girls.

Same here, raised old school, never quit, never cry because someone out worked or out hustled you.

But it helps when your kids a beast on the soccer field... Lol.

I have had to tell him to distribute more and get his teammates involved...
  • JstTheWayIam
    Options
    Question: Would you be upset with your husband for maintaining an open celebrity crush?

Think a Kate Upton poster in the home gym.
    Or...
    Wanting to go see a certain movie just because he digs Michelle Pfeiffer
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options
    Question: Would you be upset with your husband for maintaining an open celebrity crush?

Or...

O don't see any problem with have a celebrity crush or thinking someone else is attractive
  • Xvapor
    Options
    Lies
  • RoxieDawn
    Options

Or...

No I would not personally. Me and mine joke and kid about this all the time. He has a couple of these celebrity crushes himself, we should put up his and her posters in the gym cause he knows my crushes.. Heck I might have a girl crush on his crush...lol

we get a laugh about it and we do like to kid and joke, it keeps conversations fun and interesting.
  • Xvapor
    Options
    There are winners and losers. Don't whine cause someone wanted it more. If you ain't first you're last