Husband advice, please...

Options

Replies

• Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    This thread went better then I thought it would, good job!

.... give it time
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    RayReed15 wrote: »
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    jtegirl1 wrote: »
    As a woman, I think it's fine and even good for you to tell her you like the way she looks now, but beyond that you just have to be supportive of her goals. Unless they're unhealthy, then yes, it's fine to say something.

Pretty solid advice here.

Agree, thanks for the feedback.

by the way... if that is her in your profile pic, she's lovely
  • zezelryck
    zezelryck Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I'd tell her if her tit's get any smaller then I want a divorce. I married a woman with big tits and that's what I want.

In case you didn't understand my above comment, I was being sarcastic or ironic, whichever. Stop thinking with your *kitten*. Your lady rocks. No offence was meant by my post. wishing you guys many many happy years together :-)
  • Savage__AF
    Savage__AF Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    She doesn't make that *kitten* clap like she used to does she?
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Say " I love you. I want you to be healthy and happy with your body."
  • PandoraGreen721
    PandoraGreen721 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    You seem like a good husband..so as others have already said just being supportive is all you can do! You might find you love her shape even more since it's HER you ultimately love.
  • thebryanmckinley
    thebryanmckinley Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I guess it really boils down to why you don't want her to lose some of her size. Is it truly that you like what she looks like now or that you are afraid that if she gets into shape that other men will begin to notice? Not sure if that is the case, but if it is, support your wife openly and honestly and she will know you are there and it won't matter if other guys are looking. Not trying to be disrespectful to you. Like I said, I don't know if that is the case, but I do know my friend had the same concern when his wife started going to the gym often. He actually did voice almost the same opinion and it was out of lack of confidence. Just know she probably wants to work out for herself AND for you. Hope all goes well and best wishes, but just be supportive of her.
  • Sheisinlove109
    Sheisinlove109 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Just love her. I am going through big weight loss now and see every part of my body as disgusting. I watched the show "skin tight" last night and was traumatized and had anxiety even though I know that is exactly the direction I'm going.

If hubby said anything (married for 20 years) I would be forever hurt. It takes every bit of me to be working as hard as I can to get healthy for myself and family and I would find that a huge hurdle and I can't take many more of those.

Love her, love her every second just the way she is. Chances are she needs support more than anything, as would you :)
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    raindawg wrote: »
    In the spirit of TMI I'll share my experience. But then again maybe guys perceptions are different. When I put on weight it goes on my backside as well as other places. My wife says she really liked my bubble butt and misses it as it went away as my weight drops. I in no way took that as she'd prefer I stay fat and unhealthy but more of stating a fact of how my body changes with weight loss.

I think it's ok to mention what you liked and notice what's changing. As long as you're not suggesting she stop pursuing her weight loss goals. It's definitely a balancing act with this one though.

That's because you are a guy and most likely respond to things differently than most women would
  • JstTheWayIam
    JstTheWayIam Posts: 6,357 Member
    Options
    RayReed15 wrote: »
    I have a question about my wife's fitness goals. I love her and I am very attracted to her. I am very proud of her for getting back in shape. However, is it possible for a husband to be supportive and selfish at the same time? There are certain "features" that are disappearing that I am kinda missing. I don't want anyone to think I am not attracted to my wife or anything. How do I approach her and tell her to maybe slow down while still being supportive and proud of her? Thanks

You are not alone brother...

My wife has lost a lot of weight and I'm starting to notice the same...

However having a massive weight loss story myself, I would never discourage her from getting after it... Unless of course she starts to make herself sick...

Just got to learn how to appreciate the new her and I'm digging it...

She's a Babe, a Scorpio and a Rooster (grief) but 17yrs and she still puts up with this Gemini Dog...
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    socalrock wrote: »
    Health reasons set aside... I've taught my hubby to tell me what he wants, after all he is the ONLY one I'm trying to look good for. I guess it depends on how you look at it and what kind of woman you're dealing with.

Fully agree. It's called communication.
  • MarineArmyVeteran1978
    Options
    Thanks to all who responded. I do love my wife and will always love her for her, not her body. She is a great person, wife, and mother. I would never forget that. I am proud of her. I was, in fact maybe just being a little selfish. Again, I thank you all for your comments.