1 - Track it!
    2 - 30 minutes exercise 2X to 3X a week
    3 - No soda!
    4 - Cook dinner 3X a week
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,061 Member
    Options
    Greetings Lovelies!

Back from church and just stopping by. The past few days I've been busy with work and study projects, so I am not in the least surprised to see that I have missed out on more than 400 messages from you all.

Please know that I have nothing but love for you all, but I will only be able to just skim the large majority of them all before getting on with the rest of the day. <3

My weigh in this morning was disappointing - after 3 weeks on a plateau I managed to gain 1.6lb :'( Oh well, I guess I will have to look to my NSVs to keep my spirits up this week.

Welcome all newbies, and I'll try to stop by later.

Love love love from

Yinka in Worcestershire (UK)

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,924 Member
    Options
    :)Katla, thanks for the poem. My mother liked to recite that.

:)Annie, get out of your chair and walk a bit....then walk a bit more later....before long, you'll be walking a lot...then add something more strenuous.

:)Kelly, I have many of those crazy nights when my brain reminds me of a lot of things I don't want to think about and suggests that we sit up for awhile and talk about them. Getting out of bed and doing something useful is the only thing that works for me to shut off my pushy brain.

<3 Barbie from dark NW Washington
  • gotu52
    gotu52 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Good morning, and Happy lose an hour day for those who are forced to celebrate lol!

Ceramic pan feedback: yes the instructions recommend using wood or plastic utensils only and no abrasive cleaning. So far I love it and nothing sticks and I don't use any oil or spray. Cleaning has just been a wipe with a soapy sponge. We are piloting it for a few months and then may buy a few more sizes.

Always feel weird when we lose an hour. Can't get myself grounded. Today is cleaning day: my duties are two bathrooms, laundry room and depending who is done first DH and I usually share the kitchen. He does all the sweeping and dusting. I am so blessed to have a husband who sees women truly as equals, not that I would put up with anything less but his mama raised him right. He loves his family, is very loyal and works hard in and out of the home. I tell her how thankful I am for him and what a great job she did every time I see her.

Watched a good movie on Netflix "The Siege of Jadotville", a true story. It is a war movie in a sense but that is not the point and although there is violence, it is not gratuitous. Love to hear others' Netflix suggestions although sometimes we don't get in Canada what you US folks get but let me know your favs.

Well it is chore time, have a great day beautiful gals! <3 Sarah, Ontario
  • queenegreene
    queenegreene Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    I had my once a month lunch date with dear former co-worker yesterday. What a nice 4 hour lunch ;) . I had a salad and water and lots of taliking, but not much movement. Once the weather warms up a bit, maybe we will take to a walking path instead of sitting to talk.

Well the pomeranian puppy went home with her mommy, my DDD, late last night. She's alot of work (the pup, not my DDD :D , although DDD can also be a lot of work too sometimes ) but I'm going to miss her. She plays and runs and jump with all her heart, but then just plops over on my lap and takes a snuggly nap for an hour- fun!

Chris in MA -your date sounds nice.  You had asked about the success (or not) of my finger surgery 2 weeks ago. My finger is mostly healed on the outside, still a bit of pain if I bump it on the incision, i can bend finger as I used to before the cyst, and still a bit of swelling in the joint from the arthritis 'scraping' .  I think the scar will be very faint. Overall, I count the procedure a huge success and definitely worth it (and i had two weeks off from cooking and washing dishes AND 2 weekends off from laundry!  Back to doing my share yesterday though). The surgeon had said to expect 4 to 6 weeks until full recovery but I think this will be a shorter time frame considering the progress made in 2 weeks.

Regarding annoying telemarketers -We once had a so-called computer memory clean up service call and my DH played dumb asking them all kinds of computer questions. At first i thought he was seriously interested, until i listened more closely. They ended up cursing at DH and hanging up on him when they finally realized they just might have a professional computer nerd on the line who was just stringing them along. he's pulled that on a few other telemarketers, but none to the same level of success. I told him he needs a more productive hobby.

Becca -I read books the same way. I don't enjoy movies that are based on novels, because the movie on the screen rarely lives up to the movie in my mind as I read the book! 

Thanks for sharing the pics of grandbabies, fur babies, beautiful scenery, etc!

Have a great day!
    queene in PA
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    Going to look at more RVs today. Older ones we can buy outright. Wish me luck. Stress will drop if we find something.......

Rita
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,055 Member
    Options
    :heart:
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,118 Member
    Options
    Stronglift Workout B
    Squats-1X5X 55/65/75/85, 5X5X 90
    OHP- 1X5X45/50, 5X5X 55
    DL- 1X5X95/105/115/120

Kettlebell Swing
    GobletSquats- 3X5X30
    Russian Kettlebell Swing- 18X10X30

40lbs loss by May 27th Challenge
    Walk daily! Still extremely cold so a short 2 mile walk today!

My keto diet has been going awesome! I lost another 0.8 lbs this morning!

Heather - beautiful grandchildren!

Chris- thrilled for you!

Lisa- Congratulations on 2 months not smoking!

Katla - thanks for the poem!

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • pitegny
    pitegny Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone!

Ginger - I love thin mints!
    Chris - what an inspirational loss. I hope to reach the point that I can shop regular sizes. That is one of my long term incentives, but I am still pretty far away.

The weather here is beautiful. All of my daffodils are in bloom and my yard is carpeted with yellow primroses. A sure sign that spring is here.
  • gotu52
    gotu52 Posts: 315 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Lisa congrats on quitting smoking what an accomplishment. I know how hard it is; I smoked for 7 years and quit over 30 years ago. And I love the "which do you want more" mantra." It speaks to me! Thanks.
    Rita good luck today, I hope you find your perfect home away on wheels!

Well done part 1 of chores and don't feel like doing anymore but to heed my new mantra, which do I want more? A clean kitchen or to sit on my butt typing a longer post. Which you all would probably appreciate more that I clean and write a shorter post lol!

Today, I am changing my goals to 1.5lb loss per week, and lowering my calorie intake from 1590 to 1290 to see if I can encourage my beautiful body to let go of some of its insulation ha ha!
    <3 Sarah
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Happy Daylight Savings Time!!!!! <3:)
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Thought For Today:

Change is the end result of all true learning.
    — Leo Buscaglia

Janetr okc
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,707 Member
    Options
    Swell~ we have a blizzard warning for Tuesday.. over a foot of snow or more possible... and of course Tom will take off for work and leave me here to snowblow and shovel.. which I HATE... hope they close the state down and he will have to stay home..
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Cold, Wet Rainy Day in GA

Carol
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,924 Member
    Options
    :)Lisa, congrats on your no smoking milestone. There are many who say that quitting smoking is harder than quitting alcohol or cocaine.

:)Rita, good luck on your RV shopping.

:)Katla, I know that you and I disagree on Daylight Savings Time. I tried not to grumble for the first hour of walking the dogs while carrying a flashlight after getting used to morning daylight.

:)Queene, great news on your finger's recovery from surgery.

:) I have a restful day planned with folding laundry and dog walking as my major chores. Jake offered to make lunch so we're having grilled cheese sandwiches and I suggested a vegetable as a side dish. I rarely eat sandwiches but I love that he wanted to fix lunch. In honor of keeping the sodium at a manageable level, I declined the dill pickle.

<3 Barbie in NW Washington