WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2017

Options

Replies

• grogers511
    grogers511 Posts: 476 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    FYI - you can correct errors in your posting for up to 1 hour after posting. Click on the little gear in the upper right at the top of your posted message. A note at the bottom of your will pop up: Edit (xx minutes).
    Edit your post and save it.
  • grogers511
    grogers511 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Heather - I don't think he's consciously trying to sabotage me. We are trying to have supper every night at 6:30pm and he had an urge for breakfast. Jumped up at 6pm and started cooking. I was working at the kitchen table and it smelled so good. And... without my own plan for supper - I left myself vulnerable. He's just not 100% on board with my way of eating. He's not ready to make the changes HE needs to make for himself. Ultimately - I make the decision about what I put in my mouth. So... he doesn't get high marks for support... yet. I have faith... he will get there. And... so will I. ❤

Ginger in Texas
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Happy Sunday Everyone! Made bean soup with a ham hock today. Husband loved loved it!

Rinsed my hair, feels a bit waxy still from the sebum, natural oils in the scalp, but otherwise its doing OK. Notice less strands on the shower drain, and in my brush. Hair feels stronger. Its getting a personality I suppose.

Becca
    Oregon
  • jma2017
    jma2017 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just found this thread - I think it would be wise to join. I have been maintaining my weight since gaining some after Xmas. I guess I am not being perfectly honest with myself so I am hoping that by making myself accountable in this thread it will help somewhat. So here goes -

March Goals:

1. Log EVERYTHING I eat on MFP
    2. Weigh myself ONCE ONLY a week - MONDAYS
    3. drink at least 4-6 cups of water and LOG
    4. Walk / run 4 times a week starting Mondays / Weds / Fri / Sun
    5. Go to bed by 10 o'clock
    6. Exercise 3 times a week with weights
    7. Make time for myself
    8. lose at least 7 lbs this month
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    B)<3o:)
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,596 Member
    Options
    Dads for the day-
    Jog- 8,40min, 138ahr, 158mhr, 8.41min mi, 1mi = 99c
    Appleiwatch- 106c
    Bosu ball- 38min, 3sets of 15 with 10# weights, 5 different exercises, 139mhr, = 274c
    Appleiwatch- 227c
    Total Cal- 373

Light day
  • cbw1958
    cbw1958 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Seeing the picture of Pooh and Tiger reminds me of the time I was in a play in high school as Tiger and fell of the stage! Luckily the audience did not know it was not planned...at least that is what I told myself!
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,596 Member
    Options
    Kkkk
  • jbrinker23
    jbrinker23 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    ANNR... that bowl of soup looks pretty tasty! I made White Chili tonight. It's made with chicken and Great Northern beans.
  • 01debigail10
    01debigail10 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I roasted a chicken yesterday and made chicken and dumplings and chicken noodle soup. Nice freezer foods
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    All these cooks are making me :p
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies: Very tired today after time change. It always seems to take about a week for me to adjust. Went to church and sang in choir, then to a funeral for a 104 yo lady who died recently. What a marvelous life she led. Got her masters degree when it was not common for women and taught in a college in MN. She was not in the service but worked in a civilian capacity during the war in charge of getting ordinance and supplies to the soldiers. She was with-it and sassy right up to the end.

We had lots of wind the last couple of days and were without power for most of the night. It has been back on since early, about 4:00 this morning and luckily has remained on.

DD and I bought two new blueberry bushes to plant where we think some were but died. We have six bushes that we uncovered from waist-high weeds when we moved in here. We are working on getting them to have berries again. We got a whole six berries the first year and had about 5 dozen last year. The new ones are a different variety so we shall see what happens.

Annieoldie - I had a pulmonary embolus in 2008 and had to get back to exercise very slowly afterwards. I have a Fitbit and started with just 250 steps at a time several times a day and also did stretches. I added Laughter Yoga once a week to that after a while and just kept gradually increasing things then when I went back to work I added water walking and range of motion exercises. I agree with the others, you just have to take it in small steps and be persistent.

Lisa - Congratz on quitting the smoking!!!

Everyone take care, Sue in WA