Realistically gained 9 pounds in 2 days?

Options
124»

Replies

• try2again
    try2again Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    lizery wrote: »
    Hi.

Please see a doctor today to make sure nothing exciting like refeeding syndrome or heart failure is going on.

This is enough of a concern to warrant emergency review. You need to be medically assessed today.

Ok so I looked up refeeding syndrome and now I'm worried I've done damage. That's freaking scary :worried:

I had to look that up too, and I am scared for you! OP, would you please follow up on this and report back to us?
  • crackpotbaby
    crackpotbaby Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    lizery wrote: »
    Hi.

Please see a doctor today to make sure nothing exciting like refeeding syndrome or heart failure is going on.

This is enough of a concern to warrant emergency review. You need to be medically assessed today.

Ok so I looked up refeeding syndrome and now I'm worried I've done damage. That's freaking scary :worried:

Be smart, not scared. Go and get a medical evaluation.

• Tania_181
    Tania_181 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Reading posts such as these makes me tear up. I am so glad that there are people on these forums who are able to recognise early warning signs or symptoms of possible eating disorders, even if all you can do is encourage people to get help. I hope that recognising the symptoms will help me to prevent myself or others around me from suffering as a result of our diet focus.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    Chadxx wrote: »
    Well, 9 pounds of body fat would equate to 31,500 calories above maintenance. I seriously doubt that you ate anywhere near that much. .

You underestimate some people ;)

On a serious note OP, it's water weight. Get on with your life!
  • tmoneyag99
    tmoneyag99 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Salt and Sugar causes water retention. 1molcule of glucose carries with it like 3-4 molecules of water. So if you had lots of sweets you likely are retaining the water in your muscles until you use that sugar or store it. This is what makes weight loss so imprecise. It's really difficult to know how much of weight gain is actually excess calorie vs. the accompanying water.

• JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    All I've learned about women and low weight is as follows: If your period has stopped, you're underweight.

Discuss amongst yourselves.
  • djc315
    djc315 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    All I've learned about women and low weight is as follows: If your period has stopped, you're underweight.

Discuss amongst yourselves.

False. There are many reasons why a period could stop. And there are many times a period "should" have stopped, but didn't. Every body is different. Menstrual cycle isn't an accurate reading of underweight/healthy weight/overweight.