March 22:
    March 29:
    April 5:
    April 12:
    April 19:
    Last day April 22:

Weight -/+ this week: -4.60
    Weight -/+ this month: -4.50

Finally had a drop in weight and have reached a mini goal ... broke into the 230's. I know how fleeting that can be!
    What finally made the scale move? ... Probably that I have been eating less as my average calories this past week came in at an average ov 1365 a day instead of the 1900 or even 2000 that I had the past three weeks. :*

@Helene... Metformin does that to some people, and for many the effects simmer down after a while. One tip I have ... which you may already be doing ... take it only with food in your stomach ... that means in the middle or at the end of your meal instead of on an empty stomach before you have put food into it.
  • gullagr
    gullagr Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Name: Rachel
    Height:5'6"

Start Weight (week of Feb 22) 208.8 lbs
    Goal Weight (Week of April 22) 194 lbs

Weigh-ins on week of
    February 22: 208.8 lbs
    March 1: 205.0 lbs
    March 8: 204.4 lbs
    March 15: 203.4 lbs
    March 22:
    March 29:
    April 5:
    April 12:
    April 19:
    Last day April 22:

Weight -/+ this week: -1.0 lbs
    Weight -/+ this month: -5.4 lbs

Although the loss isn't necessarily happening fast, it's encouraging to see that the scale is still heading in the right direction. I've been better this week about getting to the gym regularly (last week was pretty bad) but have still been indulging a bit too much food wise (hello wine, ice cream, cookies - you are my worst enemies!)

This week has been awesome in terms of progress at the gym. I'm on the home stretch of the C25K program - I finished W8 D2 today :) I've managed to increase my speed while running even with the increase in running time from day to day. I've got one more workout in the program and then I shoot for running a 5K straight. I think I can hit it in 33 minutes (or at least that's the goal) but I will have to wait and see what the next couple of days bring. This week I've also been able to increase some of the weights on the machines that I use! So a lot of progress strength/endurance wise on top of the change reflected on the scale.

It's great to see the amazing results that are coming in this week! Keep up the good work everyone :)
  • RachaelPooh
    RachaelPooh Posts: 5,951 Member
    Options
    March 8, 2017 7:52AM
    March 1, 2017 7:55AM
    February 22, 2017 2:55PM

Name: Rachael (aka Rach or Mermaid)
    Height: 66"

Start Weight: 293.0 (W Feb 22)
    Goal Weight: <285.0 (A Apr 22)

Weigh-ins on Wednesdays
    February 22: 293.0
    March 1: 290.6
    March 8: 291.2
    March 15: 293.0**
    March 22:
    March 29:
    April 5:
    April 12:
    April 19:
    Last day April 22:

**birthday week

Weight -/+ this week: +1.8 :frowning:
    Weight -/+ challenge total: 0.0 :confused:

This is my bday week so... One good week and I'll be back on track!
  • RunningOnWontons
    RunningOnWontons Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone.

I rejoined MFP in early March, too late to participate in this ongoing Earth Day weight loss challenge, but I just wanted to chime in to say "great job" to all those in this thread. It's inspirational for me to follow all of your progress.

I have 100 lbs to lose to get to my arbitrary goal weight of 129 (which is still somewhat overweight for my height--a real shorty here, barely 5'1"). I might be looking at a total weight loss of 120 lbs in order to get my BMI where I want it, but I am definitely focused on taking things 10 lbs at a time. It's the only way to not get overwhelmed! :smile: Had a great (mostly water weight) loss my first week back, and I'm looking forward to joining a gym to help with muscle tone once I hit my 20 lb weight loss mini goal.

Good luck to all! :smiley: And I'd love additional friends for mutual support, if anyone wishes to add me.
  • KATRENAJ
    KATRENAJ Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    WILL POST MORE LATER, BUT CHALLENGE HELPED ME SEE THAT TWO BAD DAYS IS NOT DEVASTATING, THOUGH IT COULD HAVE BEEN

Height: 5' 1/2"

Start Weight (week of Feb 22) 228
    Goal Weight (Week of April 22) 208.5

Weigh-ins on week of
    February 22- 228
    March 1: 221
    March 8: 223.6 DOWN FROM 227.6 FEW DAYS BEFORE
    March 15: 220.6
    March 22:
    March 29:
    April 5:
    April 12:
    April 19:
    Last day April 22:

Weight -/+ this week: +
    WEIGHT TOTAL FROM 2/21
    LOSS 7.4

SAND - My weight swings by 2-3 lbs but never 5 lbs. Am starting metformin today because my glucose readings were high even though labs were taken after 5 days of strict dieting.

Will post more lat4er

Katrena
  • RobinB0812
    RobinB0812 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Name: Robin
    Height: 5'3"

Start Weight (week of Feb 22) 273.8
    Goal Weight (Week of April 22) 259

Weigh-ins on week of
    February 22: 273.8
    March 1: 273
    March 8: 272.4**
    March 15: 270.2
    March 22:
    March 29:
    April 5:
    April 12:
    April 19:
    Last day April 22:

** My birthday was March 4th and even though I logged, I pretty much knew I'd threw my eating choices out the window for 3-4 days. I decided beforehand that I was going to enjoy my birthday weekend and I would be happy if I gained only 1 pound. Not only did I not gain anything, but I actually lost 0.6 of a pound! I was a very happy camper!

Weight -/+ this week: -2.2
    Weight -/+ total: -3.6

@happygirlxxx - congrats on reaching ONEderland!! :smile:

@susan2396 - I didn't know you were originally from western PA! May I ask what part? I was born and mostly raised in Pittsburgh! :smile:

AFM - I am 0.3 away from my next "decade" (the 260's). My mini goals are a decade at a time. Having said that, I have updated my Goal Weight for this challenge from 260 to 259 so that I can push through two "decades" in this challenge. :smile:

Until next time; wishing everyone peace B) , love <3 and weight loss :smiley:
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone.

I rejoined MFP in early March, too late to participate in this ongoing Earth Day weight loss challenge, but I just wanted to chime in to say "great job" to all those in this thread. It's inspirational for me to follow all of your progress.

I have 100 lbs to lose to get to my arbitrary goal weight of 129 (which is still somewhat overweight for my height--a real shorty here, barely 5'1"). I might be looking at a total weight loss of 120 lbs in order to get my BMI where I want it, but I am definitely focused on taking things 10 lbs at a time. It's the only way to not get overwhelmed! :smile: Had a great (mostly water weight) loss my first week back, and I'm looking forward to joining a gym to help with muscle tone once I hit my 20 lb weight loss mini goal.

Good luck to all! :smiley: And I'd love additional friends for mutual support, if anyone wishes to add me.

Hello @RunningOnWontons ... you can still join in our Earth Day weight loss challenge ... we have 5 more weigh-ins, not counting this weeks ... that's plenty of time to see a trend. If you decide to join in, your starting weight would be this week's weight (anytime between Monday and Sunday of this week that contains 3/15 in it. Then the next week would be your first week in. Just follow the format we are using for reporting, and welcome whether you join the challenge or not.
  • campfirequeen1
    campfirequeen1 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Name: Holly
    Height:5'3"

Start Weight (week of Feb 22) 267.0 lbs
    Goal Weight (Week of April 22) 251.0 lbs

Weigh-ins on week of
    February 22: 267.0 lbs
    March 1: 266.2
    March 8: 267.6
    March 15: 265.0
    March 22:
    March 29:
    April 5:
    April 12:
    April 19:
    Last day April 22:

Weight -/+ this week: -2.6
    Weight -/+ this month -2.0

Whew, so glad I kept that two pounds off! I was worried because yesterday wasn't a very good day with food choices! Then this morning, I had to take a friend to pay a bill and she wanted to thank me with breakfast and she wanted to go to McDonalds, eck! I got the least objectionable thing I could and it was still 400 calories, which means I'm going to have to really watch it the rest of the day. Dag, double dag! It was already going to be a hard week due to my best friend's birthday being Friday and a huge party planned, and most likely food left over. Oh well, I'm good for this week and I will figure it out one way or another. It may mean lots of trips to the gym and under calorie goal days ahead, but I'll get it figured out. I want to make it to the next decade of numbers, I've been here too long!
  • Nikion901
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Thursday Truth ... I made one of my raw Chop-Chop salads today and had a small bowl (cup) of it for lunch today.

This one had black olives, red kidney beans, raisins in it. The last one I made had calamti olives, garbanzo beans, and prunes in it. The other ingredients were the same in both of them ... 1 shredded carrot, 2 diced celery, 1/2 diced cucumber, and 1 small bell pepper. Although, this one I used red and the other one had green ... and I gotta say that I like the taste of the other salad better than the one from today. There is just something about the taste of calamti olives that leaves such a good taste behind. Well, also, in that first salad I used fresh green herbs and red pepper flakes but in this one I used black pepper and dried green herbs ... such small things made such a difference in taste! Oh, and I had added a touch of mustard to the first salad but forgot to for todays version.

Still, the macros for this salad are pretty good ... 187 calories for the cup, with 24 grams carbs, 10 gram fat, 5 grams protein and 8 grams fiber. Plus, todays version came in less on the calories for the same amount of food.

It is amazing how much this kind of lunch fills me up WHEN .... I first drink a large glass of water, then eat. I DON"T have any bread, or crackers, or rolls ... well, any bread product at all with it. This helps balance out my higher calorie breakfasts ... This mornings came to almost 400 calories! ... it was yogurt, blueberries, and walnuts.
  • LadyLilion
    LadyLilion Posts: 276 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Hello everyone. Hope you don’t mind if I join in and tell you a little about myself. I’d love to have some more friends that are kind of in my boat – if anyone wants to send a friend request, just tell me you saw me here!

Name: Lilion
    Height: 5’10”
    (Start weight in December was 314, but not sure when that actually was so we’ll use…)
    Start Weight: March 7, 2017 - 305

I started MFP in January 2015, after being referred to a dietician because my A1c was 6. For those not in the know, 6.5 is considered diabetic (by my Dr. at least). After a year, I managed to GAIN weight. Not sure where I went wrong…except I just didn’t do anything right. I’d lose a lb and gain 2. Not really paying attention. So...I quit eventually.

This is NOT my first rodeo. 10 years or so ago I lost 100 lbs on WW. Kept it off for a couple years, but it slowly came back on. I had only been 28 lbs from my goal. :s  I have a realty stressful, very sedentary job. I don’t like exercise and love food. Not a good combination. Anyway, in December 2016 my a1c was up to 6.4 and my fasting blood sugar like 140 and I started on Metformin. My husband’s a1c is even higher than mine. In late February he got the news his has gone up to 7. His father and sister are diabetic and he kind of freaked out and really started getting serious - Me too. We’re watching what we eat, tracking every bit, and we both got a Fitbit on March 5 and started seriously walking. On the up side – my blood tests in March were WAY better – I’m back down to 6 and the fasting is high-normal. Most everything was better.

My weight was down to 305. I haven't been able to weigh since, but plan on doing that at the Y on Sunday. That will have to become my "official" scale until I can weigh at home...my scale at home only goes to 300. I'm too fat for it. :/

We’ve ignored this entirely too long. Hopefully, not TOO long to fix it.
  • JeanieWww
    JeanieWww Posts: 4,037 Member
    Options
    Name: Jeanie
    Height:5'2"

Start Weight (week of Feb 22) 262.4
    Goal Weight (Week of April 22) 250

Weigh-ins on week of
    February 22: 262.4
    March 1: 258.6
    March 8: 258.4
    March 15: 257.2
    March 22:
    March 29:
    April 5:
    April 12:
    April 19:
    Last day April 22:
  • KATRENAJ
    KATRENAJ Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Showed lot of willpower today. That's good because the past few days were wash outs. I have to lose weight as I have travel planned and I will be miserable and also my health demands it. I feel so much better when I eat right. Now if I can just get back to exercizing again, all will be well. I have a plan for this evening. Evenings are my Achilles heel. That's when I lost control

I have started looking at myself in the mirror to remind myself how I look. It's strange but I often "forget" I am heavy and how it impacts my looks. I don't criticize myself, I just accept this is how I look.
    Katrena

RunninOnWontons - Welcome. Congrats on the weight loss

Birgit - You're having a great month.

Nikion - Salad sounds good

Lilion - Welcome. Its never too late as long as we are alive. I have been trying to focus on this phrase

"Everything is your life is a reflecton of the choices you have made. If you want a different result, make a different choice."

That's kept me on track today, just remembering that.
  • pneschich
    pneschich Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Checking in. Random and in no order: Down 77 pounds. Eating purée is harder than you would think. Being dehydrated is no joke now, sucks big time.
    I spent all afternoon and early evening building a gate for back fence. Probably could have done it faster but I had help. My seventeen year old was terrifically helpful but he and my surgery slowed me down a bit. Probably wouldn't have gotten it hung without him. What a wonderful way to spend an afternoon building something with your kid. Not filling your water bottle while doing it is just plain stupid. I couldn't begin to put a number on calories burned and I think I'm low on protein too. If you haven't figured it out with all the clues, I feel pretty miserable.. nursing a Powerade zero, headache, windburn, aches in my back and pain from eating too much. Ridiculously small amount too much, maybe a half teaspoon.
    Now for something completely different. Learning how this works should be easier than this. Glad this is the easy way. I am not strong enough for the hard way. Truthfully, I have only received positive comments and have never been accused of taking the easy way I keep hearing how horrible some people are in judging how others chose to live. I have had people honestly question my choice or ask me to explain it. No one has ever been ugly to me. I must hang out with a better class of folks
  • pneschich
    pneschich Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    This got chopped:
    Getting up early tomorrow to drive a third of the way across Texas to visit a state park I haven't been to, Enchanted Rock. It's near Marble Falls. Sounds beautiful. I wish I could bring y'all but the tents too small.
    Finally,
    May the road always rise to meet you, may the wind be always to your back, may the sun shine warm upon your face, the rain fall gently on your fields and, until we meet again may God hold you in the palm of his hand.
    Have a happy healthy and safe St. Patrick's day. Do something fun, something to make you glad to be alive.
  • RunningOnWontons
    RunningOnWontons Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Thanks, Nikion, for inviting me to join even though I'm late to the party! :smiley:

So here goes.

Name: Claire
    Height:5'1"

Start Weight (week of Mar 1) 229.8 lbs
    Goal Weight (Week of April 22) 213.0 lbs

Weigh-ins on week of
    February 22: ***missed this week
    March 1: 229.8
    March 8: 222.2
    March 15: 224.2*
    March 22:
    March 29:
    April 5:
    April 12:
    April 19:
    Last day April 22:

Weight -/+ this week: +2.0
    Weight -/+ this month -5.6

This will be fun...I'm definitely a nature geek/earth mother type of person, so working towards Earth Day has special meaning to me. :smile:

*I normally weigh myself first thing in the morning on Mondays, but this weight was taken today late in the evening after supper. Hopefully that's why it's higher than the previous weigh in!
  • campfirequeen1
    campfirequeen1 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    @pneschich Wow oh wow, so happy for you. I know it's not easy but you are getting along really well I think. Time spent doing things with your kiddo is always time well spent! Hope you enjoy your trip, it sounds like it will be fun. Thanks for the Irish blessing, and wishing a fair day on you too! And all the rest of our good friends here as well.
  • PennysOnaMission
    PennysOnaMission Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Don't know why I missed this thread before but here's to posting. I like the layout for the days of the week so.... Thursday, truth. I just had surgery two weeks ago that changed how I look at food and eat it forever. Two weeks ago I could not live without diet coke. After my gall bladder was taken I had some but wrote down how much I drank. I drank a 2 LITER BOTTLE IN A DAY! Needless to say, out it went and in it's place came....tada! Water! And I'm loving it. There's my deep dark secret that came to light today.
  • bapcarrier
    bapcarrier Posts: 211 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Checking in for the challenge.

Name: Barb
    Height 5' 3”

Start Weight (week of Feb 22) 241.6
    Goal Weight (week of Apr 22) 228.5

Weigh-Ins
    Feb 22 241.6
    Mar 01 239.4
    Mar 08 237
    Mar 15 235.6
    Mar 22
    Mar 29
    Apr 05
    Apr 12
    Apr 19

Weight +/- this week -1.4
    Weight +/- this month - 6

Nice to see we are all working so hard and we're all in this together! I read all the posts but am short of time, will try to comment more tomorrow. :)
  • Nikion901
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Friday Fitness ... celebrating St. Patrick's Day today ... just in spirit and without the spirits cause I don't drink alcohol except on rare occassions, and never alone unless it's a bit of spirits in my hot tea because I'm trying to sweat a fever out of me. Having my third chiropractic spinal adjustment this afternoon, and a bit of shopping before or after ... depending on if I can get myself out of the house soon enough.

Happy Birthday on the 15th to @trinati2001 and Happy Birthday today to @MermaidPrincessRach. Many happy returns of the day to you ladies. It is my birthday today also ... I turn 72. As of this morning I am exactly 10 pounds lighter than I was on January 1 of this year ... slow going for sure, what with my pattern of drop and stall and gain and drop again .. still, to be down 10 pounds in almost 11 weeks Is not doing too badly. IF I can keep that momentum going, even with the increases and stalls, I could be almost 47 pounds lighter this next January 1 ... and that would be right about right for steady, healthy weight loss. ... and it would find me very close to my target for my next birthday ... seeing as I did absolutely nothing with steady weight loss in 2016!

A couple of St Patrick's Day Irish Blessing for you all ... and thank you @pneschich for updating us and giving us a blessing also. Hope you have a great time camping.

Irish Blessing ...
    May your joys be as deep as the oceans
    Your troubles as light as its foam
    And may you find sweet peace of mind
    Wherever you may roam

And an Irish 'saying'...
    May those who love us, love us.
    And those that don't love us, May God turn their hearts.
    And if He doesn't turn their hearts, May he turn their ankles,
    So we'll know them by their limping.

Niki :)