Just for Today ..... Daily Commitment Thread- Start of a new year!

Options

Replies

• TechNerd42
    TechNerd42 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    linnea4 wrote: »
    Tuesday:
    Record - Mostly
    Eat responsibly - Not really :(
    Learn something new at work - Yes, I did.

JFT Wednesday:
    Record
    Eat responsibily
    Do not work late
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,492 Member
    Options
    Yesterday T 3/14/17
    1) It's breakfast potluck / staff meeting in my dept. today and lots of unhealthy choices are coming in. I skipped breakfast at home (which I ALWAYS have) to compensate. I physically need my breakfast and already had to have a yogurt while I wait for the potluck to begin at 9:15 (why we start "breakfast" so late, I have no idea, after two years working here). So my goal is to take very small portions, not necessarily sample everything, and log it all, to the best of my ability..... Not too bad! I tried everything I wanted, didn't try some, and logged it all. :smile:
    Unfortunately, in the evening, I was overtired (hate this time change!) and ate more than I should have, but instead of ignoring it, I logged it all! :s
    2) Meditate in afternoon - Yes :smile:
    3) Evening, walk at least 1.75 miles on treadmill - No, after work made big pot of barley mushroom soup and washed 2 loads of laundry, then ran out of energy. Still, Fitbit >8,000 steps. Can't wait for the weather to improve so I can go back to walking the dog without snow/ice covered roads!
    4) Floss - Yes, up to 3 days in a row! :smiley:
    5) Bedtime by 10:30 and NO electronics (read book would be ok) - Yes, in bed with lights / everything off at 9:52. Have I mentioned that I hate this time change thing? :smile: And then I woke up at 1:30 a.m. when hubby came home from work.

Just for today W 3/15/17
    1) Pace in my office during 90 minute webinar
    2) Do not take any dessert at soup supper before Lent service tonight, and hopefully there will be good soup choices
    3) Floss
    4) Bedtime by 10:30 with TV off
  • KayHBE
    KayHBE Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    JFT Tuesday

- Get steps, busy day lets see and no lunch walk at least 10,500... :) Got to 12,500 my daily target
    - Healthy full dinner with lots of vegetables.... Well I did have a couple salads
    - Prepare breakfast for Wednesday tonight.... Done!
    - Check BP... Yup, A little worried its too low

JFT Wednesday

- Hit target steps (12,500)
    - Lunch time walk
    - Whatever SO makes for dinner make it fit into plan
    - Think about running ... Goal for next week
    - Look into that farm vegetable delivery program

Wednesday half way through... We got this!!

• mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,215 Member
    Options
    Tuesday
    1. log ALL food :)
    2. stay below or at 1200 cal :):) 100 calories short, trying to make up for yesterday
    3. drink water. Carry my water bottle with me at all times :)
    4. try and clean at least 1 kitchen cabinet :) YAH! Got this done
    5. sew. This part is easy. When I am too exhausted to do anything else, I sit and sew. But the bad part is that nothing else is getting done. :) Finished piecing the quilt for my sister in law
    6. find one new recipe to try this week :/
    7. help hubby with business. we are so far behind, and have a huge trade show we are exhibiting at in early april, so lots to get done. :)

I am slowly starting to get my energy (and my appetite) back. Hoping to get back going to the gym this weekend when weather gets a little warmer. Hubby is still sick, so I am hoping not to get this back again!

JFT, Wed
    1. log all food
    2. drink water. Carry water bottle with me
    3. Clean upper kitchen cabinets
    4. clean under my bathroom sink - organize
    5. try and organize 2 hall way closets.
    6. pay bills
    7. help hubby - today is shipping day, so busy day with work
    8. try not to worry about my daughter. It does not help at all to lay awake worrying about stuff
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Hey again ladies
    Been off for a while
    My ribs are finally healed
    But I've been struggling massively with getting to my pre illness eating habits

I've put back on the weight I lost and I'm pretty upset!

But Atleast I'm back
    Here to try again!
    Please help me keep motivated!

Motto for March
    Strive for progress, not perfection.

Welcome back! You have been missed! If it makes you feel not so alone, I have gained a bunch back too and I wasn't even sick!!! I'm just plain stress eating. Been trying every single day this week to not eat crap, but I still did. Today is a new day. I'm really glad you are feeling better and your ribs are healed. I love your plan to read Success stories for motivation. I might try that also.

Also love your Motto for March! You've got this!
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    @shenna333
    "I just love that some of you can keep your sense of humor admist all of the daily struggles!! I was stress eating at work yesterday, every time my coworker caught me, no qualms about it, she would straight up knock it out of my hand lol. Ahh, good times. Wish she could move in with me :)"

Love this! I was picturing someone knocking food out of my hand, and it just made me giggle at my desk. HAHAHA! We need to clone her and send one of the clones to my house too!

Have a great day! We've got this. Just keep putting one foot in front of the other. One step at a time.
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,082 Member
    Options

Welcome back! You have been missed! If it makes you feel not so alone, I have gained a bunch back too and I wasn't even sick!!! I'm just plain stress eating. Been trying every single day this week to not eat crap, but I still did. Today is a new day. I'm really glad you are feeling better and your ribs are healed. I love your plan to read Success stories for motivation. I might try that also.

Also love your Motto for March! You've got this!

Reading success stories are amazing
    Really shows you can do it! Boosts my motivation in an instant and keeps a realistic view (rather than looking at supermodels) because you can see before and afters. Some of the transformations are truly amazing!

I stress eat too! And with 2 kids and a puppy it's hard not too!
    Not quite the same stress eating a ryvita!

• bri150lbs
    bri150lbs Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    JFT Wednesday
    1. Pre-log log food and stick to the plan
    2. Walk/ jog at the park.
    3. Do not go over 1200 calories, even by one little calorie!
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,492 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »

Reading success stories are amazing
    Really shows you can do it! Boosts my motivation in an instant and keeps a realistic view (rather than looking at supermodels) because you can see before and afters. Some of the transformations are truly amazing!

One of my favorite threads to read daily, besides this one, is the What's Your Most Recent NSV (non-scale victory) at http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1275030/whats-your-most-recent-nsv#latest.
    Some of the posts are awe-inspiring!

• PackerFanInGB
    Options
    One of my favorite threads to read daily, besides this one, is the What's Your Most Recent NSV (non-scale victory) at http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1275030/whats-your-most-recent-nsv#latest.
    Some of the posts are awe-inspiring!

Thanks for sharing! I'm going to start my morning tomorrow reading at least one of these! :)
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options

Tuesday:
    1. Track all food :)
    2. Under 75G carbs :)
    3. At least 5 freggies (need to work back up to 8-10/day) :( 4
    4. 30-day ab challenge: rest day :)
    5. one hour intense Zumba :)
    6. 10+ cups water :)12

Wednesday:

As of today, I am a 13-year cerebral aneurysm survivor. If I can get through that, I can do ANYTHING. :)

1. Track all food
    2. Under 75G carbs
    3. At least 5 freggies
    4. 30-day ab challenge: 60 situps, 75 crunches, 40 leg raises, 50 second plank
    5. Swim a mile? might need to take a rest day...or at least a nap!
    6. 10+ cups water
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    Just for Tuesday
    1. WATER ;) Better but not "there" yet.
    2. Stay under calorie goal :s Nope. Went WAY over. Shame on me. Definitely could have used someone slapping food out of my hands yesterday!
    3. Mark 5 items off my work task list - even if they are all small. It adds up. :D I was able to do quite a bit of my pre-build prep tasks for the rebuilding of our training environment yesterday. These were not on my list but this is a HUGE accomplishment!
    4. Cut up veggies tonight for the week. Put in grab-size baggies (snack size). :) Celery sticks, carrots, broccoli and cucumber.
    5. Notice the small things, and thank my husband more often for all the wonderful little things he takes the time to do for me. Show him I notice and appreciate him. :D He was so proud of himself, he was strutting like a peacock.
    6. Gather my tax documents in preparation for doing our taxes this weekend. ;) Most of them. Can't find one of them so will need to clean my office and go through my piles of papers to find it. UGH.
    7. Read out of "Simple Abundance..." book and continue working on the assignments. :) Even brought this to work with me today to read during lunch. Unfortunately, I did not get a lunch break again.
    8. Unplug one hour early and go to bed early. Try to get used to this new DST change. I miss that hour we lost! ;) Kind of?
    9. Random act of kindness...at least one. :) More than one. <3

Just for Wednesday
    1. WATER
    2. Stay under calorie goal
    3. 10,000 steps
    4. Mark 5 tasks off work to-do list
    5. Run to Burlington and look for a few new sweaters/shirts
    6. "Simple Abundance..." journal and assignments
    7. Put a smile in my voice (whether I'm feeling it or not)
    8. Be "present" tonight with husband while we watch Survivor.
    9. Prep for tomorrow, tonight
    10. Random act of kindness, at least one!

In March, I will:
    1. Look at stressors and determine what can be changed, how can I change it, and how can I accept what I can't change.
    2. Separate the "reality" from the "story" of situations. Look at facts, not perceptions.
  • KayHBE
    KayHBE Posts: 906 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options

As of today, I am a 13-year cerebral aneurysm survivor. If I can get through that, I can do ANYTHING. :)

That's great, I too believe you can do anything!!!!
  • Bex953172
    Options
    bri150lbs wrote: »
    JOB OPPORTUNITY!

WANTED
    Someone to follow me around and knock food out of my hand! Bonus pay for every pound lost. My lose is your gain!

Can I eat whatever I knock out your hand

• Bex953172
    Options
    Goals for Weds
    - Log every bite! :) yes every last thing!
    - Do some exercise - not really but we did the shopping today and walked around town
    - Get my fitness watch on - no it needed charging. But it's now charged
    - Read success stories for motivation - yes feeling motivated! Must check back again to keep it up!

Went over my calories today by 200 but not bothered as I've done majority of what I said
    I've been hungry and lacked energy today so don't mind not exercising! Need to readjust to the deficit I think!

So
    Goals for Thurs
    - Eat less calories than Wednesday
    - 30 mins exercise!
    - hyyyyydrate! (Doing a lot better at this)
    - Read the success stories
    - Wear my watch from the morning
    - Paint the lounge after toddler/pen incident

March Goals
    Current Weight: 12st 6lb
    Target Weight: 10st 7lb
    Lbs to lose this month: 4

Motto for March
    Strive for progress, not perfection.

• cory17
    cory17 Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    @dwisehart - not long enough - Distractions doing things before leaving home, for which I kick myself often re priorities. Agree that swimming is great, feel strong in the water :smiley:

90 min - I salute you! are you listening to anything or training or ?
    @kirbygirl - I add stuff to my water - there are the flavored vitamin packets (no sugar!) or mint/cucumber, a lot easier to swallow.
    @ bex95 - welcome, going to steal your goals & hope you'll knock & eat for me too
  • LiveLaughLove1969
    LiveLaughLove1969 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Ok, new to reading this and would love to join in. Been trying to catch on, lol. Question: do you guys do a new "reply" each day or keep adding to the one you started. Haven't really caught on to the "quote" thing and is that where it will continue what you previously put on. I feel like my daily goals will be close to being the same each day. Anyways please help me, lol

3/14
    Workout tomorrow
    Eat better and healthier
    No sweets
    No McDonalds Mocha Frappe
    Drink more water

3/15
    Not a good day at all, bad news from dr (labs not so good)
    So...for tomorrow:
    Keep chin up
    Keep faith
    More more and more Water
    Try to workout
    Log food
  • kirbygirl41
    kirbygirl41 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    3/15
    Steps 7000
    Exercise 20 minutes
    Drink 32 ounces of water
    Log all food and stay under goal
    Read and study

Bad day all around. It's ok. Tomorrow is a new day. I'll repeat theses goals.

3/16
    Steps 7000
    Exercise 20 minutes
    Drink 32 ounces of water
    Log all food and stay under goal
    Read and study