No meat to lose weight?

Options

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    Lol well as long as they don't have raisins...

a raisin shouldn't even be allowed in a cookie..

Oat raisin levain cookies are delicious.... But the ones with choc chips may be better :p
  • mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    Options
    <3
  • MaddMaestro
    MaddMaestro Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    lol not unless you have a meat allergy
  • jennybearlv
    jennybearlv Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    LOL @ failed grape.. omg this seriously needs to be an image..

qmk1gec9ig76.jpg

Actually raisins are grapes that were left too long in the sun. So old grapes. I absolutely agree they have no business in cookies.
  • SierraFatToSkinny
    SierraFatToSkinny Posts: 463 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Then I give the softened bones to my dog as a treat. I try to have as little waste of animal products as possible. I even eat organ meat. :D

@SierraFatToSkinny , this is completely off topic but please don't EVER feed cooked bones to your dog. Cooked bones splinter and are very dangerous to feed, regardless of the size of your dog or the bone.

I cook them until they're soft. (Which I mentioned in my original post.)

As in edible. It's very healthy and safe. I make my own dog food so my dog needs some marrow in her diet. She either gets them raw or after two days in the crockpot.

They're perfectly safe when they're soft.
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    mph323 wrote: »
    Lol well as long as they don't have raisins...

a raisin shouldn't even be allowed in a cookie..

From Benny and Joon: "A raisin is a failed grape."

One of my all time favourite films <3. But it's humiliated grapes ;)

http://www.imdb.com/character/ch0027120/quotes
  • jahmalmcqueen
    jahmalmcqueen Posts: 15 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I play professional basketball and I am a Vegan dont listen to the lies about all this protein excess crap. Eat a clean vegan diet and workout hard you will see and feel the best results in your life now and in the longevity and overall health. Also look up Dr Sebi he has cured everything from Aids to Diabeties. No meat No dairy No Startch. Clean Alkaline Vegan Diet. A lot of the time vegans and vegetarians put on bad weight is cause they fail to do the proper investigation. Have a solid foundation and youll be good. Electric Food is the best food otherwise your putting dead flesh in your system and are a walking cemetery.
  • kq1981
    kq1981 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    Raisins in cookies??? What is this hell you speak of
  • Gianfranco_R
    Gianfranco_R Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    kq1981 wrote: »
    Raisins in cookies??? What is this hell you speak of

Well, it depends.
    You may also find heaven, somewhere
    https://food52.com/recipes/32236-buccellati-sicilian-christmas-fig-cookies
  • ferd_ttp5
    ferd_ttp5 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Eat what you normally eat, just eat less of it. Drastic diet plans are unnecessary unless there is a medical need (like diabetes or celiac disease).
    Agree, low carb is for those who have diabetes and low fat is for those who got heart issues but i dont think so i have a history of heart disease im operated last 6 years i still eat fats i just make it healthy but not at all lol

• VeggieBarbells
    VeggieBarbells Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Eating meat won't be the issue per se. Your daily calorie intake will be, that's the key not being a meat eater or vegetarian. I lost the majority of my weight whilst eating meat nearly 30 lbs in total - I then decided to become a veggie I find it easy to maintain and feel better overall.

Drop your cals, exercise regularly to expedite your progress - count everything cos the only person you'll cheat is yourself, if not. Oh and good luck, cos its a full time job.