No meat to lose weight?

Options

Replies

• comeonnow142857
    comeonnow142857 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I play professional basketball and I am a Vegan dont listen to the lies about all this protein excess crap. Eat a clean vegan diet and workout hard you will see and feel the best results in your life now and in the longevity and overall health. Also look up Dr Sebi he has cured everything from Aids to Diabeties. No meat No dairy No Startch. Clean Alkaline Vegan Diet. A lot of the time vegans and vegetarians put on bad weight is cause they fail to do the proper investigation. Have a solid foundation and youll be good. Electric Food is the best food otherwise your putting dead flesh in your system and are a walking cemetery.

no
  • comeonnow142857
    comeonnow142857 Posts: 310 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    ...Electric Food is the best food...

Easily the most shocking revelation I've ever read on MFP. Not sure exactly watt you're talking about, but oh'm all amped up from this current discussion.

google "timecube"
  • crooked_left_hook
    crooked_left_hook Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Eating meat won't be the issue per se. Your daily calorie intake will be, that's the key not being a meat eater or vegetarian. I lost the majority of my weight whilst eating meat nearly 30 lbs in total - I then decided to become a veggie I find it easy to maintain and feel better overall.

Drop your cals, exercise regularly to expedite your progress - count everything cos the only person you'll cheat is yourself, if not. Oh and good luck, cos its a full time job.

I doesn't have to be a full time job...if it did I would never be successful.

My best tip (I'm working on this right now) is start planning your meals for the entire week at one time. Enter ALL of it into MFP once...all your meals, all your snacks, everything you can. Use this to plan your food shopping trip. This way you only buy what I need so there are no impulse food purchases and no temptations in the house. Then plan about 30 min to an hour on Sundays to do prep for the week. I found that if do all the work once a week I'm less likely to deviate from the plan and it takes up less time throughout the week. The total time I spend planning, shopping, and prepping for the week is maybe 2-3 hours max depending on how busy the grocery store is.

Once you do this for about a month it gets so much easier because you will have a few weeks of menus that you can just copy from. It took me a little while to figure out this method but it changed my life once I did.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Three words. Cinnamon oatmeal cookie.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    Huh? Why cut any food out to lose weight? What happens after you lose weight?
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    mph323 wrote: »
    Hahaha, Are they chocolate chip?

Mmm gluten free girl scout toffee cookies. I didn't even know they had gf until someone gifted me with three boxes this year. I've been hoarding them :)

I don't eat gf, but I'm always down for trying new things. I also love toffee and cookies. I heard the toffee-tastic were terrible, but I think they're great! And not ridiculous with calories like a lot of gf stand-ins.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I was a vegetarian for a while. I mostly did it to support my roommate who went vegetarian, but there was a moral component to it as well.

Ended up gaining weight.... Haha.

Now I eat meat, but I try not to have it be boneless, skinless etc. I eat meat off the bone and with the skin. I even save the bones and then make bone stock with them! Then I give the softened bones to my dog as a treat. I try to have as little waste of animal products as possible. I even eat organ meat. :D

I think that's how meat was intended to be consumed.

That was more of an answer than you asked for... but I'm very satisfied with this process.

off topic but cooked bones should NOT be given to dogs, especially poultry bones,those should never be given at all. cooked bones can splinter and cause damage and even kill a dog. PS what the person said above about the bones is correct. just didnt see the post before I commented
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options
    Then I give the softened bones to my dog as a treat. I try to have as little waste of animal products as possible. I even eat organ meat. :D

@SierraFatToSkinny , this is completely off topic but please don't EVER feed cooked bones to your dog. Cooked bones splinter and are very dangerous to feed, regardless of the size of your dog or the bone.

I cook them until they're soft. (Which I mentioned in my original post.)

As in edible. It's very healthy and safe. I make my own dog food so my dog needs some marrow in her diet. She either gets them raw or after two days in the crockpot.

They're perfectly safe when they're soft.
    I play professional basketball and I am a Vegan dont listen to the lies about all this protein excess crap. Eat a clean vegan diet and workout hard you will see and feel the best results in your life now and in the longevity and overall health. Also look up Dr Sebi he has cured everything from Aids to Diabeties. No meat No dairy No Startch. Clean Alkaline Vegan Diet. A lot of the time vegans and vegetarians put on bad weight is cause they fail to do the proper investigation. Have a solid foundation and youll be good. Electric Food is the best food otherwise your putting dead flesh in your system and are a walking cemetery.

an alkaline diet cannot change your pH levels, so that is a load of woo. as for aids being cured? nope,no cure it can be treated but not cured same with diabetes,you cant cure it but you can seem to put it into a type of remission and not have issues if you reverse the effects and stick with it. The reason anyone puts on weight is because they are eating too much. its that simple.
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Meat is the best value calorie for calorie to get protein. Lean meat anyway. I definitely wouldn't have much luck with my deficit if I had to find alternatives to lean meat to get all the protein my body requires. Typically carbs are the only macro I can tweak to create a deficit. That's not me saying slash carbs, that's me saying your body needs adequate fats and protein but it may not need 200g carbs depending on your activity level.
  • crooked_left_hook
    crooked_left_hook Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    In case anyone is interested in what an 'Electric Food' is...

http://www.naturallifeenergy.com/electric-foods-feed-african-genome/

I got two paragraphs in and had to stop because I was laughing too hard. Enjoy.
  • SierraFatToSkinny
    SierraFatToSkinny Posts: 463 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I was a vegetarian for a while. I mostly did it to support my roommate who went vegetarian, but there was a moral component to it as well.

Now I eat meat, but I try not to have it be boneless, skinless etc. I eat meat off the bone and with the skin. I even save the bones and then make bone stock with them! Then I give the softened bones to my dog as a treat. I try to have as little waste of animal products as possible. I even eat organ meat. :D

That was more of an answer than you asked for... but I'm very satisfied with this process.

off topic but cooked bones should NOT be given to dogs, especially poultry bones,those should never be given at all. cooked bones can splinter and cause damage and even kill a dog. PS what the person said above about the bones is correct. just didnt see the post before I commented
    See:
    Then I give the softened bones to my dog as a treat. I try to have as little waste of animal products as possible. I even eat organ meat. :D

@SierraFatToSkinny , this is completely off topic but please don't EVER feed cooked bones to your dog. Cooked bones splinter and are very dangerous to feed, regardless of the size of your dog or the bone.

As in edible. It's very healthy and safe. I make my own dog food so my dog needs some marrow in her diet. She either gets them raw or after two days in the crockpot.

They're soft enough YOU can eat them. :) They're essentially marrow bone treats.

If you have a dog you should try it! Just use a crockpot and cook them until you can tear apart a bone with your fingers. I usually do two days on low heat.

I then use the bone broth for soup bases.
  • pitegny
    pitegny Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    I have lost 34 pounds since the beginning of the year, with a balanced diet. I average about 100 g of meat or fish on most days, but most of my calories are from vegetables and fruit.
  • chnason
    chnason Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    I recommend at minimum 0.6-0.8g per pound of a healthy goal weight. More is fine. Less is (IMO) risky. You can get this much on a vegan or vegetarian regime, no problem.

Can you help me to know how I can get 112g of protein on a vegetarian/vegan diet? That would be 0.7g per pound on my 160 pound healthy goal weight.
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    In case anyone is interested in what an 'Electric Food' is...

http://www.naturallifeenergy.com/electric-foods-feed-african-genome/

I got two paragraphs in and had to stop because I was laughing too hard. Enjoy.

I just..... nope I can't.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options

See:

They're soft enough YOU can eat them. :) They're essentially marrow bone treats.

If you have a dog you should try it! Just use a crockpot and cook them until you can tear apart a bone with your fingers. I usually do two days on low heat.

sorry but Im not going to risk my dogs life either way. if you want to risk it, thats your decision.and just because I could safely eat them doesnt mean its safe for my dog. some foods that are safe for me to eat are toxic to my dogs. not worth a risk or unnecessary vet bills in my opinion.
  • SierraFatToSkinny
    SierraFatToSkinny Posts: 463 Member
    Options

See:

sorry but Im not going to risk my dogs life either way. if you want to risk it, thats your decision.and just because I could safely eat them doesnt mean its safe for my dog. some foods that are safe for me to eat are toxic to my dogs. not worth a risk or unnecessary vet bills in my opinion.

... They're homemade dog treats.... The kibble you're feeding your dog is way worse for them than the softened bones.

It isn't a risk at all. It's nutrient dense and good for them. As long as the bones are either raw or cooked till soft.

My dog eats a 100% homemade diet and my vet not only knows, but approves. My girl has the glossiest fur in the dog park! ;)
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options

See:

There are many foods I can eat that my dog can't, that are toxic and would kill him. Sorry but every vet I've ever been to says no bones-ever. As another user said, not worth risking my dogs life.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    edited March 2017
    Options

See:

... They're homemade dog treats.... The kibble you're feeding your dog is way worse for them than the softened bones.

It isn't a risk at all. It's nutrient dense and good for them. As long as the bones are either raw or cooked till soft.

My dog eats a 100% homemade diet and my vet not only knows, but approves. My girl has the glossiest fur in the dog park! ;)

heres the thing, you dont know what I feed my dog,you are assuming. you dont know if Im feeding them kibble, or not. I dont feed them anything that could possibly kill them or cause them harm. That is my choice.
    my dogs are healthy as well. fur isnt the only indication of good /bad health.I had a husky who was healthy on the outside and she developed diabetes and kidney failure later in life,although before that she was healthy. some dogs end up with certain diseases/health issues no matter what,same with people. Like I said its your choice, I just wont risk it for my boys.