Options

Replies

• mellecita
    mellecita Posts: 6,189 Member
    Options
    Walking Buddies: Melissa and Xena
    Weekly Goal: Take 2 one-mile walks per week
    How long/far did you walk this week?: 0.85 miles today
    Successes: It was chilly for me, but it was probably perfect walking weather for Xena.
    Challenges: Our route is shorter than I thought! I thought it was closer to one mile. It was nice and sunny today, but the wind still made it cold.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Walking Buddies: Jen and April (Apes) - golden retriever-standard poodle mix
    Weekly Goal: Hit the long trail once or twice a week plus regular walks.
    How long/far did you walk this week?: About 6 miles, maybe a little longer.
    Successes: Meeting lots of fun new friends on the trail; not needing as many hose-downs after hikes, since the mud puddles are drying up and she can't splash in them anymore.
    Challenges: We got distracted and played in the pool instead of going for our walk on Sunday. It's getting hotter, so we have to start waking up earlier to hike. Ugh.

See you next week! B)
  • jm216
    jm216 Posts: 3,747 Member
    Options
    Walking Buddies: Jill & Roxie
    Goal: 2 ten minute walks each day

How long/far did you walk this week?: Took 12 ten minute walks this past week

Successes: we got 12 out of 14 walks in!

Challenges: none this week. It's such a stress reliever to go outside and walk it off!
  • kelster_feme
    kelster_feme Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi ok I have fallen off the exercise wagon and this looks like a good challenge for me and my pooch who also needs to loose some weight. He is older so we will start gently and hopefully build him up before the weather warms up. Can I add my husband also walks him so this isn't all he gets.
    Walking Buddies: Milo
    Weekly Goal: 2 x ten minute walks per week day. 2 x thirty minute walks per day at week ends.
    How long/far did you walk this week?:
    Successes:
    Challenges:

I only managed one 10 minute walk yesterday. Too pushed for time after work. Poor Milo
  • jenilla1
    Options
    Hi ok I have fallen off the exercise wagon and this looks like a good challenge for me and my pooch who also needs to loose some weight. He is older so we will start gently and hopefully build him up before the weather warms up. Can I add my husband also walks him so this isn't all he gets.
    Walking Buddies: Milo
    Weekly Goal: 2 x ten minute walks per week day. 2 x thirty minute walks per day at week ends.
    Successes:
    Challenges:

I only managed one 10 minute walk yesterday. Too pushed for time after work. Poor Milo

You've got the rest of the week to make it up to Milo! ;)
  • jenilla1
    Options
    Walking Buddies: Jen and April (Apes) - golden retriever-standard poodle mix
    Weekly Goal: Hit the long trail once or twice a week plus regular walks.
    How long/far did you walk this week?: 6 miles
    Successes: Dog walking is a good way to take a break and get away from visiting family.
    Challenges: Busy with visiting family.
  • tmn2016
    tmn2016 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Despite the rain Danica and I went for a 35min walk. Now that the weather is improving I'm hoping to walk more. First I need to get better (sciatic nerve issues)
  • jm216
    jm216 Posts: 3,747 Member
    Options

Walking Buddies: Jill & Roxie
    Weekly Goal: Take 2 ten minute walks per day
    How long/far did you walk this week?: 29 miles total
    Successes: 12 ten minute walks
    Challenges: Rainy weather
  • tmn2016
    tmn2016 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Yes!! Danica and I went on 2 walks today. In the morning for 2 miles and in the evening for another 3miles!! We are getting there
  • WickAndArtoo
    WickAndArtoo Posts: 773 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Well we only managed six miles this week, not even close to our goal! But we did fit in a trip to the local park and a day of water fun (chasing the hose water). Next week will be much better, a lot less going on.

Successes: we made it out on long walks a few times

Challenges: it gets too hot to walk by 10am, so I have to walk them before chores (OCD me can't handle this).
  • Bayluvr
    Bayluvr Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    sqjzfnkda5vu.jpg

This is my 2yr old Cocker Spaniel, Bronwyn. We walk a mile 4-5 times/week plus regular walks.
    Walking buddies: Bronwyn and Mommy
    Weekly Goal: at least 5 miles
    Successes:
    Challenges:
  • jenilla1
    Options
    ^ So cute! looks like my childhood dog, Snuffy.
  • Bayluvr
    Bayluvr Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    jenilla1 wrote: »
    ^ So cute! looks like my childhood dog, Snuffy.

Thank you! She's my shadow, and a spoiled brat with a capital "B", but she's my baby!

• Lusitatissimum
    Lusitatissimum Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm new. I'd like to join this group!
    I've got a mini poodle named Bay. We've been super lazy this winter, so I'm going to set quite a low goal of an hour a week. Want to start off with certain success and then add to the goal. I'll post a photo of Bay once I figure out how to do that!
    I like this thread because of all the doggie photos! I could use some friends, both human and furred.