Sabotaging sister in law :(

As soon as my SIL finds out I'm trying to eat healthy and on a diet, the keyword she zooms into is the word 'diet'. She always tries to encourage bad dieting by having many multiple cheat days and how she makes it her priority to also "help" her friends when she finds out they are on a diet by cooking/inviting to fast foods/alcohol parties. I'm pretty sure she wants people to fail. Which is sad. I just don't know what to do that isn't rude, but I have told her many times, that I'm sticking to my own life changing experience. Any advice? Rant over. Sorry!

Replies

• jennybearlv
    jennybearlv Posts: 1,519 Member
    JaydedMiss wrote: »
    My aunt is pretty infamous on these forums as a sabotager....a true one. She melts butter into my coffees when i pee....

Anyway unless shes packing lard into your food when your not looking she cant harm your efforts. just ignore it :P

Unless you SIL is stooping to this level the phrase "No, thank you" should work just fine. Practice saying it in front of the mirror if you have to.
  • size102b
    size102b Posts: 1,370 Member
    Ignore her

Don't eat the food

Your responsible for you

She needs help
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    size102b wrote: »
    Ignore her

Don't eat the food

Your responsible for you

She needs help

And a boot up the *kitten*!
  • tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,359 Member
    You don't have to be rude or aggressive but you do need to be assertive. By being consistently assertive and not giving in she will likely give up.

Don't be timid, stand up for yourself.

At the end of the day though, if rude gets the message across, maybe you need to be rude :)
  • Windrunner666
    Windrunner666 Posts: 91 Member
    edited March 2017
    You can always go and pick suitable resturant, and if she's too much of an annoyance, don't ever see her again. Simple.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,122 Member
    Why are you even discussing your diet with her? You know how she is - what you eat shouldn't even be a topic of discussion with her.

Agree with this - if she is carrying on this way as soon as she finds out you're trying to eat healthier, just don't tell her - simples!