Whst am I doing wrong

I've GAINED three ounces since Monday. *kitten*. I guess I need to eat less and move more. I don't know how. Damn. I mean working out at least an hour 6 days a week and 1250 a day isn't enough? Plus I'm so sore from weighted kickboxing at title boxing Monday my legs are screaming

Replies

• catmomfat
    catmomfat Posts: 97 Member
    I guess I am doomed to be ugly and fat
  • Misspinklift
    Misspinklift Posts: 384 Member
    How did you determine your calories intake? It is possible you might be eating too little

When we eat too much or too little, body can gain weight too.
  • DeficitDuchess
    DeficitDuchess Posts: 3,099 Member
    You're going to, gain water weight even; when losing fat, due to sodium, muscle repair, menstruation, urine and/or feces! This' why you must wait 28 days until, determining if you're not in a caloric deficit to; create a trend!
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    How did you determine your calories intake? It is possible you might be eating too little

When we eat too much or too little, body can gain weight too.

Sorry, but no. Eating too little will not mean weight gain. It might mean a slower loss than you'd otherwise expect from the straight math, and it will definitely mean malnutrition.
  • catmomfat
    catmomfat Posts: 97 Member
    And I weigh myself nude after I use the toilet but before I ever get a sip of water in the morning. I had to take a sip this morning because I could not stop coughing but I don't think a sip is three ounces.
  • HeliumIsNoble
    HeliumIsNoble Posts: 1,213 Member
    edited March 2017
    catmomfat wrote: »
    I've GAINED three ounces since Monday. *kitten*. I guess I need to eat less and move more. I don't know how. Damn. I mean working out at least an hour 6 days a week and 1250 a day isn't enough? Plus I'm so sore from weighted kickboxing at title boxing Monday my legs are screaming

Everything you describe screams water retention. If you have suddenly started moving more, and your body is sore, I guarantee your muscles are retaining water, as part of their recovery process.

Stop panicking. I also recommend that you think about how sustainable and achievable your diet is. 1250 calories a day plus over an hour at the gym most days sounds bloody awful. How much are you aiming to lose a week?
  • JasonlRoeder
    JasonlRoeder Posts: 729 Member
    I wouldn't stress over 3oz. That's not considered a major gain in the long run. At the same time it could be to the fact that your building muscle.
  • HeliumIsNoble
    HeliumIsNoble Posts: 1,213 Member
    And I weigh myself nude after I use the toilet but before I ever get a sip of water in the morning. I had to take a sip this morning because I could not stop coughing but I don't think a sip is three ounces.

Unless you're trying to kill yourself through dehydration, you drank water yesterday, yeah? Your body will be temporarily keeping more of that fluid than usual, in order to recover from the exertion in the gym.

This is not really how it works biologically, but think of it as an internal Band-Aid or having a limb in plaster. You wouldn't be frustrated by your weight on the scale if you hopped on with your leg set in plaster and saw you were weighing more on account of having your leg encased in plaster of paris, and this is no different.

• reichertcarol
    reichertcarol Posts: 5 Member
    Yes I agree with the above post. I do Crossfit, after an extra strenuous workout I have gained as much as 2 pounds, your muscles will hang on to the water temporarily. It drops off the next day or so.
  • Lavelle1980
    Lavelle1980 Posts: 367 Member

There could be other factors to consider: Are you gaining lean muscle to replace body fat? Are you measuring your body fat%? What time is your last meal? You seem to be a well determined person, just don't beat yourself up about it. I'm not sure what your eating dairy is, however, 3oz, is better than 3 lbs.

• king_laceyii
    king_laceyii Posts: 28 Member
    Did you weigh yourself at the same time of day? Your body weight can fluctuate throughout the day so you have to weigh yourself at the same time to get a good read on how much you are gaining or losing.
  • caroldavison332
    caroldavison332 Posts: 864 Member
    Three OUNCES? Stop it.

Ridiculous.