Lent 2017 - 40 days of logging

Options

Replies

• rsmotivated
    rsmotivated Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Day 16 - I have logged each day and stayed within my calories. I even accounted for pie on Pi day
  • daworley
    daworley Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Day 16 Thursday. Still logging, had a rest day for exercise today but still managed 10k steps and some stretches/sit ups. Looking forward to St Patrick's day tomorrow.

Happy St. Patrick's Day to my Irish friends! Looks like my parish here in the middle of the US (Kansas) will not be celebrating with indulging in any way. Enjoy your day! Must say after two weeks of lent: I miss candy!

• RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Happy St. Paddy's and sla'inte mhath (good health) to all my fit friends!

Day 17 and still logging. With the exception of the two days with the grandkids, I've logged every day and stayed under my calories. I was probably under those two days, as well, but just didn't log all the little bits and bites.

Also, still alcohol free for Lent despite numerous events and temptations. A visiting niece meeting us at a local watering hole, a monthly ladies potluck meeting with free-flowing wine, and even a happy hour with two wine drinking friends. I'm feeling pretty strong in my sobriety right now! Working my way through the tea cupboard and bought another 12 pack of flavored sparkling water today.

Anyone else who has given up alcohol for Lent, all my good thoughts and support are with you!

Cheers!
    ...for tea, though ridiculed by those who are naturally coarse in their nervous sensibilities, or are become so from wine-drinking, and are not susceptible of influence from so refined a stimulant, will always be the favoured beverage of the intellectual...
    Thomas De Quincy

• southheadstef
    southheadstef Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Nice one, RaeBee! I'm doing the alcohol-free thing too. It's not too bad with my meal, but the lack of a 5pm drinkie rankles a bit. I'm feeling a lot healthier, though. " Let water be my potion!"
  • _runnerbean_
    _runnerbean_ Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Sunday Day 19. I've survived the St Patrick's long weekend with minimal damage. Couldn't log fully on Saturday as we ate at a friends house. Only one glass of wine though and had small portions of each course. Back to full logging today. Keep up the great work guys.
  • _runnerbean_
    Options
    Day 20 - Monday. Logged every bite today. Not working so didn't get my step goal but did lots of cleaning in the house instead. How are you all doing? Into week 3 now.
  • rsmotivated
    rsmotivated Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Day 20 - also have logged each day. Feeling great and down 4 lbs this week so excited.
  • southheadstef
    Options
    Doing pretty well, thanks runnerbean! I've logged every day, haven't had a drink and have lost some weight!
  • Loug1983
    Loug1983 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Doing okay, had a bit of a sanity break over the weekend but back at it this week and finally added exercise to my routine after putting it off for ages! I've been getting up earlier and doing half an hour before work, refusing to give myself the option of staying in bed!
  • amtyrell
    amtyrell Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    I am logging. I went over Sunday but I made up the difference monday. Balanced out.
  • RaeBeeBaby
    Options
    Still logging and still under my calories each day. I've been going to aqua exercise class at the pool, plus doing strength training at home. Hoping to see a good number on the scale when I weigh-in this coming Friday!

@southheadstef - I really miss the "happy hour" drink when my husband gets home from work. It's a nice time where we sit down and watch the news together and discuss the day. At least we're teatotalling together, which makes it a bit easier.

I actually tried a little vinegar drink tonight and it wasn't half bad. Just a teaspoon of blueberry vinegar mixed with a large glass of water. My mom told me it's actually good for weight loss because it helps control your blood sugar. Not sure is that is woo or not, but thought I'd give it a shot.
  • _runnerbean_
    Options
    Thursday Day 23. Non scale victory for me yesterday-my tracksuit trousers started falling down when I ran! I treated
    myself to a smart smaller pair. Scale not going down much so it's nice to see these little improvements. Have a lovely day everyone.
  • southheadstef
    Options
    @RaeBeeBaby that vinegar thing sounds interesting. (Also, I have never heard of blueberry vinegar! A bit exotic for an Australian - blueberries come in expensive little plastic boxes). Yes, I'm glad my husband is on boatd, too - I find it much harder to be good when others are not! So, we're still hanging in there. I wish it would stop raining around here. We are all getting a bit gloomy!
  • domeofstars
    domeofstars Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I have logged for everyday of Lent, even though I didn't see this thread until now. I have actually done some terrible binging over the past two days- I've eaten over 4000 extra calories. But I made the decision to give up coffee, I've still stuck to that and it is has been BRUTAL. I'm drinking tea now but its not the same and it just doesn't cut it. I am going to have about 10 cappuccinos as soon as Lent is over. Every time I'm out somewhere and see someone drinking coffee, I stare at the coffee longingly. Its horrible lol.
  • southheadstef
    Options
    Another Friday with no celebratory drink! We're over halfway through Lent, people! Keep it up!
  • RaeBeeBaby
    edited March 2017
    Options
    @RaeBeeBaby that vinegar thing sounds interesting. (Also, I have never heard of blueberry vinegar! A bit exotic for an Australian - blueberries come in expensive little plastic boxes). Yes, I'm glad my husband is on boatd, too - I find it much harder to be good when others are not! So, we're still hanging in there. I wish it would stop raining around here. We are all getting a bit gloomy!

I just took some apple cider vinegar and added some fresh blueberries and put it in the fridge. I've also done it with raspberries, blackberries. I have one vinegar that I added dried cranberries and a cinnamon stick. In a few weeks the vinegar takes on the flavor of whatever you put in it. I use them for cooking and salad dressings.

We are very gloomy here in Oregon. Our winters are always wet, but this year is a lot more than usual. I'm sure ready for the sun to come out!
  • RaeBeeBaby
    Options
    I have logged for everyday of Lent, even though I didn't see this thread until now. I have actually done some terrible binging over the past two days- I've eaten over 4000 extra calories. But I made the decision to give up coffee, I've still stuck to that and it is has been BRUTAL. I'm drinking tea now but its not the same and it just doesn't cut it. I am going to have about 10 cappuccinos as soon as Lent is over. Every time I'm out somewhere and see someone drinking coffee, I stare at the coffee longingly. Its horrible lol.

Good for you and bless you!! I can't imagine giving up coffee! It's been difficult for me to abstain from alcohol, but I'd have a very rough time with coffee. I only drink 1 or sometimes 2 cups a day, but without it I know I'd get a bad headache from the withdrawals. And you're right, tea just doesn't cut it!
  • domeofstars
    domeofstars Posts: 480 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    RaeBeeBaby wrote: »

Good for you and bless you!! I can't imagine giving up coffee! It's been difficult for me to abstain from alcohol, but I'd have a very rough time with coffee. I only drink 1 or sometimes 2 cups a day, but without it I know I'd get a bad headache from the withdrawals. And you're right, tea just doesn't cut it!

Thank you! I went to starbucks today and had a green tea latte....i stared at everyone's cups of coffee with great, great yearning. The torture! Haha, but i will really really appreciate coffee when Lent is over.
  • RaeBeeBaby
    Options
  • southheadstef
    Options
    Hooray! The sun is out this Sunday, never more welcome! I'm feeling great, didn't drink last night although there were people over for dinner and there was alcohol available. I'm off to weed the jungle that used to be a garden!