Just for Today ..... Daily Commitment Thread- Start of a new year!

Options

Replies

• cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,475 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Yesterday W 3/29/17
    1) Pre-log breakfast and lunch (done), and at soup supper before Lent service, do NOT take dessert. Wish I knew beforehand what the soup choices will be. Yes to no dessert, but added snacks before soup supper and went over daily calories by more than a few. Oh well, do over today! :/
    2) Continue to update financials. Nope, not even sure why I thought I would have time for this. Unplanned, I stayed after church service to help with funeral luncheon set-up, home at nearly 9:00 and did a few small chores.
    3) Floss - Yes Day 4 :smiley:
    4) Bedtime by 10:30 with TV off - Yes 10:22 but too wound up to fall asleep right away. Need to slow down sooner. :|

Just for today R 3/30/17
    1) Food for today is pre-logged / stick with plan
    2) Work on updates of financials at lunchtime
    3) Walk 1.75 miles on treadmill after choir rehearsal (with rain/snow mix, skipping workplace spring hike at lunch)
    4) Floss - keep it going!
    5) Bedtime by 10:30 w/o TV
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,198 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    JFT,
    1. log all food :/:/ Total failure on this. Ate WAY too much -- didn't even log everything I stuffed in my mouth. I need to remember to have this water bottle with me in the evening!!!!
    2. eat only in the kitchen. Do not sneak snacks and food. :/:/
    3. eat only planned snacks :/:/
    4. drink water :/
    5. carry water bottle with me all the time :/
    6. lay out clothes for the gym tomorrow morning :) This is the only positive thing I did all day
    7. if its not raining tonite, go for a walk :) Yes, but only 1 mile
    8. get back on here tomorrow - be accountable :) Well ... I am back at least. Today is a new day

JFT, THursday, Mar 30
    1. try to eat light today, to make up for last nite feast of junk food
    2. drink water all day
    3. carry my water bottle with me, especially in the evenings. sip on water while sewing
    4. start to clean house tonite in preparation for grandsons visit next week
    5. plan the scavenger hunt for the grandsons - anybody have great ideas on this? The boys love scanvger hunts - so have to be creative!
    6. lay out gym clothes for tomorrow morning
    7. get out for a long walk tonite if it is not raining
    8. work on charity quilt
    9. get back on here tomorrow -- be accountable, no matter what. Don't give up!
  • mytime6630
    Options
    Cyndi3wy wrote: »
    This is an awesome thread! I'm new to MFP and would love to join your community. How do I do I join?

Love to have you join us. Just come back and post your goals!
  • mytime6630
    Options
    only had one serving of cookies (soooo hard)
    logged everything I ate... even though no one would know if I cheated.

This is my biggest problem -- if I start to eat anything sweet, it is SO hard to stop! Congrats to you for stopping at just 1 cookie!!
  • mary_clinton6
    mary_clinton6 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Goals for today, thursday :
    1. Try not to tell my bf more than twice tonight I want ice cream (reminder to self: you told him to deny you it).
    2. Have fun at the alum dinner tonight and actually eat  the veggies  in the dinner. XD
    3. Go on a walk tonight if it's not freezing out.. if so, go on the gym treadmill.

• tristramtrent
    tristramtrent Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Jftomorrow Friday....
    Have a lunch hour and leave the building!
    Cut down on carbs
    Have a glass of water between drinks in the evening
  • andreasoulcastle
    andreasoulcastle Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Goals for today are
    Drink at least 3 nalgenes of water (96 oz)
    stay within my carb intake goal
  • mary_clinton6
    Options
    Progress on my goals for today...
    1. Ate the veggies in my dinner at the alum event. Ate my salad.
    2. Asked for ice cream once, kinda joking, cause we realized DQ was down the street. Told him I'd buy him a chili dog if I'd get ice cream
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Just for Wednesday
    1. Pre-journal my meals and snacks for today and STICK to it :/ Stuck to it most of the day but broke down right before bed again. Hate when the carbs win!
    2. Take a walk tonight after work. Try to add 100 steps more than yesterday :/ Worked late
    3. Carry water bottle with me all day - goal 70 oz :) 60 oz but it's still a win to get that much in!
    4. Pack a gym bag for tomorrow after work (supposed to rain and snow tomorrow) :/
    5. Pack tomorrow's lunch/snacks and pre-log in MFP. :/
    6. Read out of Simple Abundance book and write in Gratitude Journal :)
    7. DO TAXES TONIGHT. :/

I don't know why I bother planning anything for after work. I feel like a slug by the time I get home and never manage to do anything except get the coffeemaker ready for morning. *sigh*

Today is pretty much over so I won't post goals for today. What I did do today is drink water, not eat a lot of junk and got my haircut and colored. What I did not manage to do today is stay away from sugar. I ate two small chocolate bars. :neutral:

Just 4 Friday
    1. Hydrate with WATER
    2. Pay attention to how much I eat at my boss's retirement lunch
    3. Prelog my food and stick to it.
    4. Do not work late. Get as much done during normal hours and then go home.
    5. Activity: Get more steps than Thursday.
    5. Simple Abundance book and journal
    6. Early to bed so I can get up and get an early start on Saturday

I hope everyone has a great Friday! (It's my favorite day of the week.)
  • wendyron3
    wendyron3 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    JFT goals for Friday- exersize, stay on plan and drink more water. Any suggestions on how to get water in would be helpful. For some reason it's pretty hard for me.
  • kirbygirl41
    kirbygirl41 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    3/30
    20 minute exercise video :) I got a walk in instead.
    24 ounces of water :/
    Log and stay under goal :)
    Read and study :)
    Back to Mother in Law's place this evening. Tonight, I need to do mom and dad's laundry for the week. :) With mom in the health center with her broken shoulder and dad back in their independent living area of their retirement home I got extra steps in tonight. Back and forth between the two rooms and back and forth to the laundry rooms of the complex.

3/31
    Exercise video
    24 ounces of water
    Log and stay under goal
    Read and study
  • mary_clinton6
    Options
    3. Went on a semi walk
    Also then went for drinks with the only bro who has wanted to meet my bf ...then had mcdonalds which tasted gross but sounded good when tipsy... and now I'm 1,000 over my calorie limit.
    Le sigh.
    Fridays goals:
    1. Burn at least 200 calories walking/treadmill
    2. See lil nephew mason cause he misses me and I didn't see him after work. Try and get him to eat some apple with me. :)
    3. No fast food Friday. Eat salad as part of a meal.
  • mary_clinton6
    Options
    I was so good then it all went downhill :s
  • asclepsia
    asclepsia Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    [
    Just click quote under the post you want to comment on, and it will appear in the comment box at the bottom of the screen and then you just type under that

Try it now on this one if you like;

Aha! Usually on message boards you see "reply", but "quote" seems to work.
    Thank you, Bex.

• asclepsia
    asclepsia Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    asclepsia;
    Goals for Thursday, March 30
    Stay within calorie limits--just barely
    Work on taxes!--30" so far--Yep
    Exercise--30"--yes
    Office cleanup--30"--yes
    Write and mail two notes--yes
    That looks pretty good--diet could have been better. Ate too much for dinner, because I was so hungry!
    Good luck tomorrow everyone.

• dwntwn5
    dwntwn5 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    JFThursday
    - Stay within daily calorie goal - YES! That's three days in a row. Really good for me! :)
    - No alcohol - Yes - but probably more because I didn't feel well than anything else.
    - Bed at 9:30 - Yes, again, not hard. I didn't feel well.
    - 30 min on elliptical OR 30 min yoga - No. I was feeling nauseated almost all day.

JFT - Friday
    - Stay within daily calorie goal
    - drink more water during the day (this week I've fallen off the water wagon)
    - eat my veggies for lunch (stealing from others on this thread)

I'm ready for the weekend!
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    wendyron3 wrote: »
    JFT goals for Friday- exersize, stay on plan and drink more water. Any suggestions on how to get water in would be helpful. For some reason it's pretty hard for me.

I struggle with this too! I have found if I drink decaf teas, like a berry flavor, it goes down pretty good. I also use drops called Stur that come in different flavors. Just a little bit helps flavor the water a lot and there are no artificial ingredients. 100% vitamin C also. One of my favorite things though is to infuse my water with either lemon and cucumber slices, or strawberries, orange slices, etc. Just that little bit of flavor from the fruits or cucumber (sometimes mint leaves also) really help me get it down. I'm just not a water lover and I wish I were! Good luck!
  • shenna333
    shenna333 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Hi all!!! Been really busy but mostly exhausted. The house that I have been living in for the past 15 years is on the market. My parents own it and I have have made the payments to them. There is another house in back that my sister lived in for the first 10 yrs. We have raised at least 4 families and countless beloved pets on this property. They need it to sell and it is a 1930 home that needs a ton of work. So here is to a new chapter for everyone.
    Been doing good with my calories and water intake. Until yesterday that is.... Needing to de-stress and try to rest I guess.
    Just for today: Friday

8 glasses of water
    Keep it together!!!

Looking forward to a cup of coffee and catching up on the thread!! Have a great day and rock those goals!!!!! <3