Christmas Countdown Challenge - Starting 7/25

Options

Replies

• kjnicol
    kjnicol Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Count me in!!
    My name's KJ and I teach at a university in South Korea. I am also currently studying for my masters in TESOL (teaching English as a second language) and will be finished all my papers by the end of Oct (yay can't wait!!). I live with my husband and one cute little puppy. My motivation for loosing weight is to become healthy before having kids. This is my first week of my new healthy lifestyle and am looking forward to kicking my fat *kitten* to the curb (and looking behind to see a sexy one in it's place lol). I'm going home to New Zealand for Christmas so this will be an excellent challenge to keep me focused. I usually am chomping at the bit when I start but then fizzle out after a week or two so this is just what I need.
    Thanks!!!

P.S will post measurements 2morrow (when I find the tape measure!)
  • Mdbondurant
    Mdbondurant Posts: 104
    Options
    I am in!! i want a rockin hot body by Christmas!! My name is Michelle and I am a single mom of three of the greatest kids.. Divorce :brokenheart: settled and took up residency on my backside these last 3 years and I want my body back. :sad:

I am a fun, sometimes sarcastic beautiful woman and I want my outsides to reflect my insides once again.....:wink:

Thanks for starting this challenge. I am hoping to make some great friends here. :smile: And - if you are planning a trip to Houston and in this challenge... I insist you drop me a line.... Good luck to all.:flowerforyou:

Starting Weight 197
    Current Weight 187
    Goal Weight by Christmas 155
    Overall Goal Weight 145-152

Bust: 42
    Waist: 39
    Hips: 45
    Arms: 12.5
    Thighs: 29
  • jcannon15
    jcannon15 Posts: 148
    Options
    Hi i'm Jenna i'm 23 and going to school to become a paramedic in feb, right now i'm working as an EMT. I'm also recovering from a broken leg. so i've put on a bit of weight. My goal is to be 150lb by christmas. Right now im 190 :( I'm so down for this challenge!
  • JustJenn419
    JustJenn419 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Welcome Welcome Welcome Everyone!!!! I'm excited to start this journey with all of you!!!! Chistmas Hot Bods.... HERE WE COME!!!!!
  • weightofyourskin
    Options
    I'm in! This might be just the challenge I need.

My name is Ioana, I'm 22, recently married, and starting an MA program in September. I've been trying to lose weight on and off for ages and I'm finally getting really serious about it.

Starting weight : 178 lb.
    Goal weight for Christmas : 165 lb.

I know my goal loss is lower than pretty much everybody else's, but I've been having trouble losing weight so I don't want to set up a really ambitious goal and let myself down. Plus the lowest I've been since I started trying to lose weight was 167, so if I did reach 165 I'd be super happy!
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    Love it since I have a new year's resolution to keep for this year. I want to definitely see where I am by Christmas, yet I also don't want to lose sight of how far I've come along the way.

I'm Q. I'm 33, married with no kids. Love dachshunds. I'm also a figure skater. I've joined the synchronized skating team for this year. I'm on a low carb diet. This diet works for me, but it's not for everyone. I don't feel hungry. I have a lot more energy. I never suffer from carb comas. Sure, sometimes I just really, really want a piece of bread, but for the most part, the cravings aren't intense. My goal for this year is to get down to the weight I was when I got married. Then next year, aim for the last 20 lbs. My ultimate goal weight is 160.

Starting Weight: 202.2
    Current Weight: 202.2
    Goal Weight by 12/25: 180.0

Height: 5'8"
    Bust: 43.5
    Chest: 35
    Waist: 36.5
    Hips: 45
  • jesse14472
    jesse14472 Posts: 161
    Options
    Hello, All! My name is Michele. I am a 40 yr. old, married with 2 kids (soon to be 13 & 9). I am an assistant teacher/office manager at a preschool. I joined MFP awhile ago when my doctor put me on BP meds, but feel off the wagon in May when my feet and hands started to be painful. The doctors think it is Reactionary Arthritis, but I can't let that determine my physical activity anymore. I have gained back all the previous lost weight and feeling horrible. So this challenge is right up my alley.

SW: 202.5 (as of 7/17/11)
    GW by 12/25: 175

Height: 5'5"
    Bust: 38.5"
    Waist: 38" (at natural bend)
    Hips: 48.5"
    Neck: 13"
    Thigh: 23.5" (5" above knee)
    Calf: 16.5" (5" below knee)
    Upper Arm: 13" (5" above elbow)

Thanks for the challenge!
  • SSampley
    SSampley Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Hey I would love this, sounds great it might help keep me going, although I have some pretty great MFP's already you can never have to much support!! Ok a little about myself my name is Shannon I am 34 have 3 children 14,10, and 7. They are SUPER active which leaves me little time.. I am married with a wonderful supporting husband who makes me attempt to run/job at 5 in the morning! I usually start to like him again about 6 a.m.!! I have been very heavy before and really dont know how big I was, but I was 205 when I started here.. I like to laugh alot and kinda find weird stuff funny!
    Starting weight was 205
    Current weight is 171.2
    Goal is 150!
    Height is 5'6"
    bust is 38"
    Waist is 34"
    Theighs 21"
    arm 13.5"
    Hips 38.5" (not sure if this is REALLY where your suppose to meause but I hate this part and call it my fat or uniboob)
    anyways hope theres room for me!!
  • MarlenaLB
    MarlenaLB Posts: 50
    Options
    bump
  • PositivePower
    PositivePower Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Chris ~ I'm with you...same age group :wink: It might be alittle slower for us but we need to stay focused and positive! We can do it!!!!! Let's go!! After reading all the posts I think I'm going to go for a walk. I love this site! :smile:
  • JustJenn419
    JustJenn419 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I'm so excited to see everyone's interest in the challenge. I'm going to start putting everything together today but I'm still going to wait for Monday to make everything official.

For those of you that are new to the challenges, it's super simple. Just follow this thread and everything should be posted in here. You can add me as a friend if you'd like, I have no problems with that :)

I'm still going to leave it open in case anyone wants to join before Monday. Hope everyone is having a great Saturday!!!
  • Rmeikel
    Rmeikel Posts: 35
    Options
    Greetings!

I think I would like to try this challenge. I started MFP last year, did really well, but then had to fight to keep my school open, and ended up eating my way through a stressful school year. I am a mom of a fantastic 10 year old son, teach elementary school during the day and university at night. I would like to join this challenge because the accountability is what is going to get me through this. I am switching schools, been promoted at the university job, and want to make sure that I invest as much time into myself as I do the family and jobs that I love. For too long, I have put me last, and I am ready to make a difference in my own numbers.

Starting weight: 275
    Current Weight: 268
    Christmas Weight: 235

Feel free to friend me along the way. I know I could use all the support I can muster.... I am an expert in self sabotage.

Thanks!
    Becca
  • MarlenaLB
    MarlenaLB Posts: 50
    Options
    I would love to join. I am a stay at home mom of two awesome kids, My son is 9 and my daughter is 4. I joined MFP last week. I can already see a difference. I have gained 20 lbs in the last 9 months. I got diagnosed with fibromyalgia abour a year ago so the pain has kept me from working out like I need to. If I join challenges then I force myself to do them and I feel better. I want to get fit and healthy so I can control my fibro and not let it control me.

5'1" tall
    132 lbs when I started 131 lbs now
    Chest 37"
    Waste 36" (at belly button)
    Hips 39"
    Thighs 22.5"
    Arms 11.5"
  • luvmyjp
    luvmyjp Posts: 49
    Options
    Me me me me!!
    I joined this week and after reading all these (closed) groups I've been desperately searching for one! What a great gift I can give myself!!
    I'm a single SAHM (disabled veteran) with three great kids ages 10, 9 and 7. I gained 130 lbs after my accident and have tried other weight loss programs but never paid attention to labels, everything was set up for me!
    I want to be a part of this group because I don't want to feel alone in my journey, I want accountability and I hope to make some friends along the way!!
  • luvmyjp
    luvmyjp Posts: 49
    Options
    Oops forgot measurements-
    Neck 13.5
    Bust 45
    Waste 49 (at belly button)
    Hips 48
    Thighs 24.5
    Arms 14
    Height 5'5"
    Goal by 12-25-11 is to lose 12" & 25lbs

if anyone is looking for a friend im right here :-)
  • whitney22blue
    Options
    I would like to join, I am a 40 year old nurse, married to an amazing man. I have a fab life, travel a bit and have a tendency to eat too much. It's 2am therefore I won't put my measurements in but weight wise.
    221 pounds currently
    I would like to loose 5lb a month
    Therefore goal weigh
  • dftba1122
    dftba1122 Posts: 3
    Options
    I would like to join, I am 18 years old and going to be a senior in high school. I would love to lose the weight by the time I go to college next year.

SW: 235

Weight by 12/25: 200
  • MrsRazor7
    MrsRazor7 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I'm in! My name is Lexie, 35, and married to my best friend and we have 2 wonderful boys, ages 4 and 8. I am a High School Math teacher and have been teaching for 13 years (wow, that is really adding up). My husband is in the Army, and just returned from a year deployment in May. During the first 3 months of the deployment, I gained closed to 30 pounds! I started weight loss journey in August 2010, and I have lost 69 pounds to date. It has been a slow process, but when I am focused and eating how I know I should be, I consistantly lose weight.

Growing up I was always busy playing sports and super active, but as I got older, everyone started coming before me. Now, I come first. My husband always tells me, "do what you have to do", and I am actually doing it now. I am relying more on him to help with the kids and telling the kids "No, I have to go to the gym." I am feeling better than I have in a long time, and I am super excited to see where I can be by Christmas time!

Starting Weight: 330
    Current Weight: 261 (weekly weigh in on Monday, so I should have a lower starting weight :smile: )
    Christmas Goal Weight: 210

Neck - 14.5
    Bust - 47
    Waste - 49 (at bellybutton)
    hips - 48
    Thigh (right) - 32.5
    Arms (right) - 17

I am super excited for this challenge :happy:
  • Ciarn
    Ciarn Posts: 92
    Options
    i would like to join,hope im not to late
    Im a university student, i have been over weight(obese) all my life and i started my weight loss journey july 4 2011 its time for me to get healthy and happy.
    180.4lbs
    5'1
    Age 18
    my goal would be to lose 20 - 25 lbs by Christmas
  • brenott
    brenott Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    HI, I'm in.

My name is Brenda, I just turned 43, and I live in Colorado. I work for a finance company (which means lots of stress and lots of sitting). I have been with my boyfriend for 15 years and we have three wonderful furry four-legged kids (Basset Hounds). I am addicted to running 5k's (more like wogging - I'm not super fast...). I do hope to run a half marathon some day.

I would like to be at or below 185 by Christmas.