April 2017 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• ctlaws44
    ctlaws44 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    @HonuNui - I'm so sorry to hear about your child. I'll be praying for your child and family
    @ROBOTFOOD -You've inspired me to bump up my mileage.
    @MNLittleFinn _Great start to the month!
    @KatieJane83 -Congrats on signing up for your first! I might be there one day.
    @JohnRoderick-Welcome to a great knowledgeable group.
    @BeeerRunner _Nice April Fools article "Dr. Fartlek M. Speedplay"
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    Way to go @JessicaMcB! Wish I had an answer on the bladder thing. Some days my bladder conspires against me too.
  • WhatMeRunning
    Options
    Today's run was rather pleasant despite being more hilly than prior weeks easy runs.

4/1 - 10 miles
    4/2 - 4 miles

14 of 120 miles complete

exercise.png

• MissMaggieMuffin
    MissMaggieMuffin Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Shorter run than I would have liked due to other commitments today, but a good run nevertheless.

exercise.png

• kimlight2
    kimlight2 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I think my half marathon might be off the table now. I went out for a planned 9 miler and ended up with 5 instead. My left hip flexor started tightening up in mile 4. I tried stretching it out but it only worked for a few minutes. This happened last week too during my long run. It doesn't hurt, it is just tight and uncomfortable. I am waiting for my trainer to get back to me to tell me what she thinks I need to do to fix it while I have time.

4-1 5 miles down - 75 to go.

March 11- St Malachi 2 miler (partial course preview for Cleveland Half) - DONE 25:36
    May 21 - Cleveland Marathon Half
    June 10 - Run and Ride Cedar Point 5k
    June 11 - Run and Ride Cedar Point Half Marathon (Back up Plan) or Quarter Marathon
    September 10 - River Run Half (maybe)

• WhatMeRunning
    Options
    @kimlight2 - Hope that hip flexor gets straightened out easily. Maybe just some massage or foam rolling is in order?
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    @honunui :cry: I'm sorry, my heart is breaking for you.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    OK, Came up with a goal for April. It matches pretty close to Mar. actual, but most of this should be in the first half of April. My estimate as of now, including yesterday's race total (included here) is that I need 64.8 miles by 4/14 to reach my fat loss goal. The last half of April is unknown based on fitness testing (doing Dexa, RMR, and VO2 max on 4/14). The last weekend of April is my birthday, and there will be no running. I'm going to eat that weekend, though.

exercise.png
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    No run today - but went out in the bike to exercise the quads. I think last year I only went out a couple of times on the bike - my housemate used it more than me so my plan for cross-training is to get out and use it more!!!

Plus it was sunny, an easy flat 13 mile ride.
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,980 Member
    Options
    I am missing my run today.
  • NikolaosKey
    NikolaosKey Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Hi fellow runners

April month opens for me too:

4/2: 13.1k -casual run-

Aim: 130k

Take care all

@HonuNui I am so sorry hearing such bad news :(
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,980 Member
    Options
    I don't know why it cut off the rest of my post. I am missing my run because of thunderstorms. I plan to move my Sunday run to Monday this week. The weather shoukd be better tomorrow. I have been running 3 days a week since October when I did c25k. The recommendation was not to run on consecutive days. When do you know if you are ready to run consecutive days? I run on Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday. I don't really want to reschedule Tuesday run too.
  • ddmom0811
    ddmom0811 Posts: 1,878 Member
    Options
    @honunui - there are no words. Lifting your son and your family up in prayer. :heartbreak:
  • ddmom0811
    ddmom0811 Posts: 1,878 Member
    Options
    I hate it when the 1st is on the weekend - because it means I won't get my first run in until the 3rd or 4th!
    I did have some awesome bike rides though. 44 miles Saturday at a fast pace and 40 today, same fast pace - 19-21mph.

No ticker yet. I wouldn't enjoy a ticker with 0 miles.

4/1 - 44 miles biking
    4/2 - 40 miles biking