Join me... 100 pounds to lose! -part 3

Options

Replies

• Kminor67
    Kminor67 Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    I forgot to weigh in this week, but with all the craziness, I really don't care :). Hubby and I went to the Milwaukee Zoo yesterday, and we did a lot of walking. Ate like crap, but oh well. Today we are going to his aunt's birthday party, and I'm grilling rib eye steaks for tonight, so eating isn't looking so good today either. That's okay. Back on the wagon tomorrow. I'm saying that more and more these days.

I had to buy some new capri's... almost all of mine were too big :) So even though I haven't been losing, things are redistributing. I really need to get back on the measuring tape wagon as well.

In another week or so, we find out what my daughter's twins are going to be. I'm pretty excited about that! My new grandson is due Aug 27th and the twins are due on Thanksgiving.
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    Nice to hear about your loss Barb. I love swimming. I would hate just watching. That is what we did today. We went to aquafit in the morning. I love that the gym doesn't close on holidays. It closed in the afternoon. Then I cooked and went to our family gathering at my Mom's. My step father has a wonderful pool. It was the 1st pool party of the year. We are missing the fireworks since my daughter starts her internship tomorrow. I am just drinking my water and checking my pals posts before going to bed. I would be so excited to be a grandmother Kami. We had steak too this weekend since our son the vegetarian was gone. So far I have been able to keep all the 4th of July weekend treats within my calorie goals. So I am hoping too to get back on track next week now with my daughter at work. Hope we all have a great new week.
  • bluerose9483
    bluerose9483 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies!

My holiday weekend was GREAT! My inlaws actually left us ALONE!! I thought I was dreaming.....It was so stress free, wished it was like that all the time.

Didn't get to do much exercise over the holiday weekend, but I've been making it up for it!

Went for a walk this morning (2.5 miles) and going bike riding in about an hour :smile:

2 more days til Weigh in for, but then I get to weigh in again on Sunday (for one of the challenges I'm doing this summer, I have 2 going on.) One challenge is to lose 10 lbs by the end of this month and the other challenge is a 12 week challenge where we get to pick how much weight to lose, and by Sept. 30th, I would like to lose 1/2 of what I need to reach my goal weight....I only need 37 lbs to reach my goal weight, so this challenge i need to lose 18 lbs by September 30th. Wish me luck!
  • bluerose9483
    Options
    Nice to hear about your loss Barb. I love swimming. I would hate just watching.

It wasn't too bad watching, we weren't at the pool very long on Monday when went....It was a nice time.
  • KeriA
    Options
    Barb,Glad you had a great holiday weekend. Me too. Great job getting back into working out. Fun exercise too. I am doing C25K and am on Week 3 which means I am running for about 3 minutes stretches between walks with 9 minutes total running. Not doing well on my weight loss challenges but this is the first week that I have been consistently making health meals at home so hopefully I will see some progress soon. I hope you do better!
  • Sauchie
    Sauchie Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    hey everyone, I lost the links to all this posts had to go back 4 months into my profile after my pc died I been using my droid to use mfp.. Happy Monday!
  • fitterpam
    fitterpam Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    2011 SW: 241.8

Week 23: 231.5 lbs (-0.5lbs)
    Week 24: No Weigh In
    Week 25: No Weigh In
    Week 26: No Weigh In
    Week 27: 233.2 lbs (+1.7lbs)

Okay - so my official restart weight is actually a little lower than I was expecting....I thought I was back over the 235 mark....My goals this week are to get at least 8 glasses of water, half the protein as carbs, take all of my meds, take my dogs for a walk every day and track everything I'm eating. I'm sure I'll still need to do some of the bad stuff since I'll be detoxing.....but I'd rather do it slowly vs. fast and feel like crap.

My boss asked last week if I'd be interested in working from home more regularly or even going remote completely. I'm really leaning towards complete remote.....My team isn't in the same country and the folks I sit with in the office tend to use me as a crutch (I used to support them...they still come to me for a lot of things). Plus I'll get my docking station and monitor to bring home, making me more efficient at home.....I think it's a good solution! Plus I'll have the opportunity to go in once a week still and have lunch with my sister. Get my chores done during my breaks instead of after work and have something slow cooking in the oven instead of panicking when I get home because I still have to cook.
  • KeriA
    Options
    Sauchie, nice to have you back. Looks like you are making great progress.
    Pam, glad you are back in your stride after guests etc. I wish I could get back down to 233+ pounds I keep hovering just above that. Those changes at work sound like they could be good for you as long as you don't get lonely. But I can't talk since I am at home looking for work. I am making meals at home better consequently.
    I have been good about my summer goals otherwise. More water, lower and more higher quality calories and particularly more exercise. Lost some inches this summer at least.
    Keri
  • KeriA
    Options
    Well I was the last poster here but I want to let you know that I have just read an article that has really made me decide to readjust my goals for weight loss for the summer. I have lost 10% of my weight. and I have been on a plateau I have been determined to get out of. I have been going in the wrong direction and getting stuck and frustrated. My calories goal was not that low with school so I decided I needed to lower it to kick start my loss. What I just read on this site: http://www.activepassivediet.com/ convinced me it will make it harder on me not easier. It recommends losing in a series of steps. 10% at a time with transition and passive(maintenance) periods between. I am trying this so I am stepping back my calories goals and exercise goals slowly while maintaining my weight. Then I will go at this very aggressively again. I will be on here and will continue to log. I am not trying a new diet just using the knowledge about weight loss plateaus and our bodies to work with my body and not against it. I have alot to lose and I want to do it right. I will take my time to get healthier. Obviously others have found a different way and have lost alot more than me. When I go into the active phase I am going to follw their example or rather your examples. You all are inspiring to me.
  • bluerose9483
    Options
    Hello everyone!!! I didn't realize it had been a week since I last post, I'm always on MFP, but I've been forgetting to check into all my posts! Shame on me, :blushing:

Let's see, catch up time, I know last time i said I was only doing 2 challenges, now I"m up to 4.....wow, hope I can keep up with all of them, esp since they are all different goals.

Sorry this is short, but its getting late and my eyes are starting to water (time for bed night)
  • bluerose9483
    Options
    Okay, now that I got rest and then walked almost all day today, lol, I will try to play catch up. :wink:

Welcome back, Sauchie!! :flowerforyou:

Congrats on the inches lost, Keri!

Pam, glad your getting back into :smile:

Ok, well, the newest thing with me, today did A LOT of walking. My friend and I and our kids, walked the river walk this morning, then we split for lunch, then met back up at the zoo and walked around for about 2 1/2 hours, and boy am I tired!!! Um, I know the last time I wrote I had said I was doing 2 challenges, but looking back, I'm up to 4, and by the looks of it, one of my challenges, I'm not going to make my goal :grumble: I was hoping to lose 10 lbs and we're already 1/2 way over with the month, and I think I've only lost 1 lb, grr! :mad: Um, let's see what else......last weekend, we went to a Monster truck show and that was fun, it was my 7 year old's first time seeing some really BIG trucks. I can't wait til the end of the month, I will have my ab circle pro out of law away......my mom has one and I love it!!! Other than that, just been trying to eat better, drink more water, be less stressed, and keep on exercising.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!
  • KeriA
    Options
    Well it is Friday and I forgot it is this groups traditional weigh in day and guess what I lost weight sort of. Well I just gave up getting back down to my lowest weight I was at in May. I just kept hovering just above so last night I gave up and set my wieght up to the nearest pound which is what I have been weighing in at. So of course today guess what I am finally back down again and after setting my calorie goal up and not even staying under despite alot of exercise. I am now not sure whether I am stuck in a plateau or not now. I am not sure what to do. Did I lose because I had my goal set low the week before or that I had moved it up and was eating more the day before and of the loss?!? I think I need to give up every week so that I can weigh a pound less every week. Well I hadn't given up just given up on pushing so hard and getting nowhere. Well I guess we will see where this will go but not sure which way I should go now. I guess I will cut exercise back to 5 days a week, continue C25K, keep my calories low but not quite so low as 1.5 pounds a week. Maybe have a higher calorie day each week. How does that sound.?
  • Kminor67
    Options
    hey everyone, I lost the links to all this posts had to go back 4 months into my profile after my pc died I been using my droid to use mfp.. Happy Monday!

Welcome Back Sauchie!

Things have gotten crazier lately! My son moved back home, so I've been rearranging my house (AGAIN!!!). We found out that the twins are GIRLS!!! YAY!!! That means I'll have 3 granddaughters and 3 grandsons!

Still at 211 even... I'll break through this plateau someday!
  • KeriA
    Options
    Hi Kami,
    it does sound crazy but sort of nice in many ways. Here is a link I found from another MFP about plateaus see if it helps. http://www.activepassivediet.com/files/active_passive_chapter_1.pdf

I lost one pound but not sure which way I will keep going?
    Keri
  • bluerose9483
    Options
    Hey everyone!

I was weighing in on Friday's but my challenges want me to weigh in on Sunday/Monday, so I weigh in on Sunday and this week I gained, 1.6 lbs :grumble: But I'm tellin myself it was muscle gained, not weight. :wink: :laugh:

Hope everyone had a good weekend! Mine was great, 2 weekends in a row where the inlaws did not bug us (FINALLY!!!)

I'm loving my Ab circle, definitely feelin the burn in those abs! :smile:
  • bluerose9483
    Options
    So, I think I have a NSV, this past weekend, I went shopping for some new spaghetti strap shirts (and most of mine are XL), well I tried on XL and it was too big, went to a Large and it was too big, ended up going and getting 3 MEDIUM spaghetti straps!!! (But all my other shirts I bought today were XL, go figure?) Also, I bought a new pair of jean shorts and I was in a size 18, and was able to fit comfortably into a size 14!!!!! So I guess that's 2 NSVs!!!!
  • bluerose9483
    Options
    So, I think I have a NSV, this past weekend, I went shopping for some new spaghetti strap shirts (and most of mine are XL), well I tried on XL and it was too big, went to a Large and it was too big, ended up going and getting 3 MEDIUM spaghetti straps!!! (But all my other shirts I bought today were XL, go figure?) Also, I bought a new pair of jean shorts and I was in a size 18, and was able to fit comfortably into a size 14!!!!! So I guess that's 2 NSVs!!!!

So I tried those 14s on again this morning and they fell off. :blushing: Took them back, tried a few on and a 12 stayed up and was a lot better then those 14s :bigsmile:
  • Kminor67
    Options
    Still at 211 even. I have to figure this out.
  • KeriA
    Options
    Love your NSVs Barb. I was at 234/235 for months. I lost 1 pound in May and then back to 234/235. So I know how you feel Kami. Friday I finally went back down to 233. Monday I finally broke 233 with a half pound loss. I am hoping that that means my body is ready to stop fighting me so hard. I am not sure if it is because of lowering my calories the week before or that I started to bring them back up the day before. We'll see but I think and hope that it will keep going this time.
  • Kminor67
    Options
    I'm going to tweak my calories again, and see what happens. I'm tired of the plateau!