New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• liftingandlipstick
    liftingandlipstick Posts: 1,857 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Has anyone tried those mocha chip Quest Bars yet? How are they?

LOVED it. Went the day they released. Pretty sure the guy that works at my GNC thinks I'm insane by now, it was my third trip in the last two weeks! But seriously, my previous favorite flavor was tied between Coconut Cashew and Apple Pie, and I would give each of them a solid 7/10 for flavor. The Mocha would be a 12/10. Definite coffee flavor, light on the chocolate-ness (I'm not a fan of Quest's chocolate flavors). Immediate, over the top fave for me. Wish I bought multiple boxes.

I also received my FREE Green Chef box yesterday thanks to (I think?) @Noreenmarie1234 . Haven't made anything yet, but having just gotten a free Hello Fresh box a few weeks ago, I can at least compare. Hello Fresh sent three separate ingredient boxes (inside the larger box) to make gathering everything you need easier. Green Chef did not do so, but their baggies are all color coded as to which meal it's for. They doubled up some ingredients in bags together (my onion and garlic came in the same bag- I despise onion and will probably have to sub my own garlic). However, the sheer number of ingredients I got was far greater than with Hello Fresh- they seem to rely more on fresh herbs than packaged spice mixes, so that's a plus. I plan on making the Lemon Gremolata Chicken tomorrow, so we'll see how it goes!

P.S. I cancelled as soon as I unpacked the box without a problem, so it really is free. Took about a week for me to the the really really free email.

• Strawblackcat
    Strawblackcat Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    Made of bananas like banana soft serve I've made before yj5bas5uc47z.jpg
    Are the indigents the same as they would be if you made it at home? If so, I can't possibly imagine who's going to buy this. I have trouble justifying $5.00 for a pint of coconut milk ice cream, but at least that's somewhat difficult for someone to make at home without an ice-cream-maker.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I want to try the Green Chef thing but I can't even make an account, it just leads me back to the home page.

ETA: it worked on Chrome. Weird. We'll see!
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    The Halo Top cookie dough was... kinda disappointing. The base tasted great, but there weren't enough mixins.

On another note, our HEB has added a few new brands I'm excited about. I really want to try this one

Honestly that's why I like enlightened's version more. The base tastes almost the same (Enlightened is more dense and slightly less sweet) but there are WAY more cookie dough pieces in there than Halo Top!
    Made of bananas like banana soft serve I've made before yj5bas5uc47z.jpg
    Are the indigents the same as they would be if you made it at home? If so, I can't possibly imagine who's going to buy this. I have trouble justifying $5.00 for a pint of coconut milk ice cream, but at least that's somewhat difficult for someone to make at home without an ice-cream-maker.

I'm curious about that, too... I can see where diet ice creams might be more because of erythritol being more expensive than sugar, but this seems ridiculous, bananas aren't that much!

Francl27 wrote: »
    I want to try the Green Chef thing but I can't even make an account, it just leads me back to the home page.

I signed up but deleted my membership right after ordering my first box so I wouldn't be charged. It turns out, since I didn't postpone any boxes and cancel afterwards I didn't receive the box at all. I reactivated my membership and my box should be here Tuesday, then the one after that is postponed and I will cancel again after I receive the first box, but I hate the way it's set up like that. It's the only meal subscription thing I've signed up for so I don't know if they all work the same, but I feel like it was unnecessarily complicated and designed in a way to trick you into forgetting or doing it wrong and being charged for another box whether you wanted to pay or not. Be careful.
  • ActivatedAlm0nds
    ActivatedAlm0nds Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Were you using Firefox? Honestly, I stopped after a week of YouTube crashing every other video.
    hgycta wrote: »
    The Halo Top cookie dough was... kinda disappointing. The base tasted great, but there weren't enough mixins.

On another note, our HEB has added a few new brands I'm excited about. I really want to try this one

Honestly that's why I like enlightened's version more. The base tastes almost the same (Enlightened is more dense and slightly less sweet) but there are WAY more cookie dough pieces in there than Halo Top!
    I've only seen the bars sold :disappointed:

I'm just glad I'm out of only-Arctic-Zero-mode.

• JCo702
    JCo702 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Scrolling through this post made me really hungry lol
  • Francl27
    Options
    snickerdoodle_newlid_large.png?v=1489616875

Bleh. Very bland. Not worth it. I usually eat the whole pint... had four bites and put it away.

Shop Rite had some of the new flavors but only a few (Red Velvet, Toasted Almond, Butter Pecan, Fudge Brownie). I'll report...
  • joans1976
    joans1976 Posts: 2,201 Member
    Options
    I fell for the new Halo Top flavor email. I clicked it.
    Just wanted to share my gullibility with you guys.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    Still not seeing any new of the enlightened pints at shoprite but I did see this Gelato, would've gotten but I didn't see a price and I didn't want to find out they were $8+ or anything! Also, has anyone tried these peeps milk?
    guo02bd99uye.jpg
    ow5s0xsa4bug.jpg
  • ActivatedAlm0nds
    Options

Bleh. Very bland. Not worth it. I usually eat the whole pint... had four bites and put it away.

Shop Rite had some of the new flavors but only a few (Red Velvet, Toasted Almond, Butter Pecan, Fudge Brownie). I'll report...
    Arctic Zero and Enlightened have similar snickerdoodles I take it

• glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,596 Member
    Options

I kinda liked Arctic Zero's snickerdoodle.
  • ActivatedAlm0nds
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »

I was so disappointed in it because I love snickerdoodle.

• Kimblesnbits13
    Kimblesnbits13 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    OREO CREAM EGGS! They're so freaking good I might buy a box of them on amazon.

I bet you could get a lot at Wal-Mart on clearance after the holiday.

Oh good idea....does walmart sell these though? My nearest one is about 10 mins away but there's a target right around the corner. They've been hard to find, only saw them once at ralphs.

Yeah Wal-Mart has a three pack of the Oreo eggs for $1.88.

They didn't have it so I went back to Ralph's and bought like 15 of them .68 cents each

• kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    neldabg wrote: »
    I admit it: I fell for it. Heck, I even got excited :(

czx4i0fg4dk7.png

I didn't fall for it but thought they look pretty good and I would definitely try them LOL. The dunkin donuts munchkins "fool" looked so good too. :D I would totally buy these....

17522763_10155848787998238_4794834770623415142_n.jpg?oh=80265c69eb2abded95f030527a2d8043&oe=595A1FFD

I would try the Pizza Quest bars too!

I think the weirdest April Fools Joke food had to be from Lucky Vitamin & their cockroach milk e-mail. I knew it was an April Fool's joke, but just the thought of that sounds disgusting.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Has anyone that shops at Giant noticed that they might be getting rid of the Gelato Fiasco pints? It seems that the space for Gelato Fiasco has been empty for at least a week or two. I'm hoping that means they'll get more of the new Enlightened pints or possibly expand Halo Top.

I'm surprised that Wal-Mart hasn't jumped on the healthier ice cream trend & added these brands to their frozen foods sections.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,596 Member
    Options

I just started the Arctic Zero chocolate chip cookie dough and now *that* is sadness. It needs more pieces of chocolate chip and cookie dough and the base is just very bland altho the texture's a bit creamier if you let it thaw a bit.
  • ActivatedAlm0nds
    Options

I just started the Arctic Zero chocolate chip cookie dough and now *that* is sadness. It needs more pieces of chocolate chip and cookie dough and the base is just very bland altho the texture's a bit creamier if you let it thaw a bit.
    Wow, that's the only one I'm okay with.

• Francl27
    Options

Wow, that's the only one I'm okay with.

The chunks were tasty but the base was completely bland for me.
  • besee_2000
    besee_2000 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Has anyone that shops at Giant noticed that they might be getting rid of the Gelato Fiasco pints? It seems that the space for Gelato Fiasco has been empty for at least a week or two. I'm hoping that means they'll get more of the new Enlightened pints or possibly expand Halo Top.

I'm surprised that Wal-Mart hasn't jumped on the healthier ice cream trend & added these brands to their frozen foods sections.
    Was seriously just at our local Walmart yesterday and they had Halo Top for 4.69. I had left my lunch at home and stopped in to get subway but was pulled by curiosity to check the freezer section. Needless to say I had ice cream for lunch.
  • josette06
    josette06 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Found enlightened at weis. They have more variety than giant. I purchased red velvet and birthday cake.